[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a worse fate than suffering from some head trauma and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: 1468101442431.jpg (8KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
1468101442431.jpg
8KB, 235x215px
Is there a worse fate than suffering from some head trauma and being left in a vegetative state in a hospital, possibly for years with no hope for recovery, until you die from a stroke or pneumonia?
I mean, you're technically still alive and somewhat aware but you can't do shit about it, so you're left in some kind of a mental box just waiting to be put out of your misery
>>
>>38783124
https://www.unbelievable-facts.com/2016/12/hisashi-ouchi.html/amp
>>
>>38783124
Yeah ha-ha too bad there's no way of putting yourself in a coma just saying ha-ha
>>
>>38783124

Yes, being one of the molluscs that calls itself a "robot" unironically and posts about "normies" is much worse.
>>
>>38784434
>https://www.unbelievable-facts.com/2016/12/hisashi-ouchi.html/amp
jesus fucking christ
gooks surely are fucking heartless sub-humans
>>
>>38783124
recently read an article about some dude who was like this for most of his life. He grew up in a vegetative state but he slowly started to come out of it in his late 20s or something.

The fucked thing was that he said that he was fully aware of everything going on around him. He could even feel everything. He said it was like being trapped in your body but you can't react to anything nor even speak. When people would scream in his face for being a burden, thinking he was just a dumb vegetable, all he could do was sit there and watch. If anything was painful or uncomfortable, he couldn't move or bring it to anyone's attention. He just had to deal with it. Same with being fed food that was way too hot. Sounds like a nightmare.

In the end, he did gain his bodily control back though and even got married.
>>
File: 1494412167266.jpg (236KB, 691x625px) Image search: [Google]
1494412167266.jpg
236KB, 691x625px
>>38784480
>Be normie
>Go to board for robots
>Complains about robots
>Starts spamming normie shit
>Wonders why people get mad at him
>>
>>38783124
Jesus, I was actually thinking about this shit.
Yes, there's something worse. This happening to someone you care about. It's arguably worse than him/her dying.
>>
>>38784599
I call it bullshit because those few patients who manage to recover after being like that for a few weeks/months don't remember anything about it
>>
>>38784434
This is truly fucked up, being in a coma as OP described isn't even painful.

Whenever I think about the worse situation someone could be in I think of Griffith when he was being tortured, that was really shocking for me.
>having your testicles removed
>your tendons cut so you can't move your hands or feet
>being fed only enough to survive, while your muscles slowly degenerate
>being tortured 24 hours in a medieval setting
>>
>>38784821
apparently some don't remember, while some remember being awake and feeling everything around them. I'm not the anon you're answering to though.
>>
What's that chronic pain disorder where most people eventually just off themselves because nothing helps?
>>
>>38783124
No one keeps a vegetable alive for years. They'll pull the plug after a month at most because after that point, you're usually braindead and are consuming hospital resources that could be allocated better.
>>
>>38784940
I'm thinking of phantom limbs, but that's not even that bad.
>>
>>38784996
I wish that were true.
Sometimes the family members can't let it go and force the hospital to keep the patient alive.
>>
>>38785001
I meant cluster migraines.
>>
>>38785025
99% of people don't have the means to keep a person alive perpetually. A comatose patient sucks in more money than a boat. Eventually they run out of money and the vegetable will die anyway.
>>
File: cluster.jpg (80KB, 650x808px) Image search: [Google]
cluster.jpg
80KB, 650x808px
>>38784940
>>38785039
Yeah it's pretty fuckin shit.
t. migraines patient
>>
>>38785039
>>38785081
can you summarize the disease?
>>
>>38784940
I think you're thinking of cystic fibrosis?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystic_fibrosis
>>
>>38785104
Well, there's different kinds of migraines, varying in intensity and frequency. I get them usually twice a week (with more or less constant stress headaches), attacks completely disable me, I'm puking and crying from pain, begging for it to stop. It's like a burning hot ice pick through my left eye into my brain, usually, that side of the face can feel numb as well, with the eye/nose running a bit.
If I'm lucky, the triptanes I take dull the pain enough that the sleeping meds take me. Sometimes they don't, and I want to kill myself.
>>
File: IMG_1997.jpg (79KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1997.jpg
79KB, 700x700px
>>38784599
That condition is called 'locked-in syndrome' and it's scary as shit.
>>
>>38784599
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locked-in_syndrome?wprov=sfsi1
>>
My grandfather has a brain aneurysm and was in exactly such a state. My grandmother kept him alive for SEVEN YEARS. She couldn't let go. Her selfishness caused her husband to SUFFER for such an incredibly long time. My mother told him the ONLY time he showed any sort of expression is when he saw me as a newborn and smiled, but I doubt that's even true.
>>
>>38785613
*My mother told me
>>
>>38785613
women are stupid as shit
literally letting their emotions and feelings rule over logic and empathy of the other person
>>
>>38785639
>empathy isn't purely emotional
>>
>>38785613
It's not true. It's some bullshit your mom told you to help you feel like you have a connection with your grandpa when he was a braindead vegetable operating on nothing except pure reflex.
>>
>>38785228
It's the worst when you wake up to a migraine. Stomach is empty and you just start puking nothing and lie in the bathroom floor for hours in pain.
>>
>>38784859
it is never mentioned that he was castrated, not in the manga and not in the anime
>>
>>38784599
DATS FOOKIN NUTTIN FAGGET
i saw a documentary about a guy that was also in a coma for many years since he was a kid. While he was out of it, his mother would treat him like he was awake. Like throw him birthday parties, take him to family gatherings. Years later he woke up a man and he still thought he was a kid.
>>
>>38784651
>>Wonders why people get mad at him

I don't wonder, I find it hilarious.
>>
>>38785727
Oh, yeah. Do you sometimes have like, flash attacks? That you don't even feel coming? I had one the other day and nearly broke my neck falling down the stairs.
>>
>>38785784
I haven't had migraines anywhere close to how many you probably have. Maybe about 10 where only 3 were fucking horrible. But I've had those were my left eye just starts seeing stars suddenly. Were working on computer the last time I had and just noticed that I couldn't see the screen anymore. They don't really hurt but I get really dizzy and just take a nap.
>>
>>38785784
>>38785911
How did you get that? Anything that triggerred the phenomena as a whole before they became regular?
>>
>>38785911
Really? Well lucky you I guess, but yeah that's aura. Still sucks.

>>38785970
Shit genes I guess. I was always prone to headaches (as are my mother and grandmother) but around 16 I started having migraines and they just got worse and more frequent in the last few years.
>>
>>38785970
I haven't really noticed any patterns in the way they get triggered the couple times I've had them. Stress might be a factor because some of them were triggered by being tired and working on computer.
>>
>>38785996
>>38786094
Well, ty for your input. I wish you the best, my bots
>>
File: wagie.jpg (187KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
wagie.jpg
187KB, 1280x800px
>>38783124
>Is there a worse fate
Yes, being a wagecuck. At least locked-in syndrome patients get to be NEET.
>>
>>38786155
Oh, if you mean what actually triggers the attacks, for me it's pressure/weather change often, stress as well but it can just happen randomly too.
>>
>>38784480
Nigger you're only here because your normie 'friends' rejected you. Just leave the board or become a lurkfag
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.