[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of quitting my job to live the NEET dream until my money

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1498150399718.jpg (18KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
1498150399718.jpg
18KB, 600x564px
Thinking of quitting my job to live the NEET dream until my money drains (in about 4-5 years max).
Just wanna rent a little studio apt and read all day everyday.
Any of you tried this?
What do you think?
Im serious.
>>
I am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to enjoy it with the definite end in sight, but god speed
>>
How much money do you have op

Rly think you'd last that long
>>
File: 1399471192763.jpg (277KB, 1180x1204px) Image search: [Google]
1399471192763.jpg
277KB, 1180x1204px
Do it. Go live the literary lifestyle
>>
it should be 1 to 2 year max.
4 to 5 year max is career suicide unless you fake experience or have an excuse
>>
>>38780568
Around $40.000, but somewhere in eastern EU, so if i rent a studio in a shitty small town its gonna cost me around 3000 a year.
And except weed and books i dont have too many costs.
>>
>>38780657
I've done it. Highly recommended.

But here's what I'd suggest. If you invest that money you could get a lot more that a year or two out of it, especially if you live in a cheap country. Don't just blow through it, that would be dumb
>>
>>38780654
who the fuck cares? it's easy to get a job and careers themselves are a meme

>your slavery is marginally better

but it's not even better, because you don't even get a proper break, because like you say, taking any break kills your career
>>
>>38780516
After the money's gone, nobody's going to hire you, because in their eyes, you wasted 4-5 years of your life, and you'll never be able to make more money. Expect to either move back in with your parents or become homeless in 4-5 years. If you want to be neet, you have to have to be a neet forever. Nobody wants to hire a neet. Not even McCuck's.
>>
>>38781028
Btw just curious which country you're looking at that has 3k per year living expenses.

Always looking for new ideas to escape society
>>
Ello friendo
I don't care what your job is. You're already in.
Let's not talk about what you did. If you wanna talk about changing things the system is set up to stick you in one place and then be happy you're not worse off than someone else because it's suppose to be worse.
You have YEARS of being a neet, why the fuck would you consider not investing a business? No matter how much everyone else around you is against you, if you got your own thing and the money goes to you. Why are you sitting around complaining, if you got money to live off of for months you can invest in your own business. You can make enough to move and keep being successful. KILL YOURSELF BOURGEOIS CHILD
>>
>>38781236
There are 3 things you can pull the trigger on

Starting a family- obviously you can't afford that or you would have

Start a business on the side- if it pays off you can expand and do the first thing, if it really takes off even more people can do the same

Or just fucking kill yourself, years worth of capital sitting around. There are people so fucking rich that if they died the things they already invested in would take off so fucking fast with the additional capital of them being gone the world would have a huge stimulus to the point it's insane they're even still around because the funds they're withholding are going to splash around and fund even more investment.
>>
>>38781179
Yearly expenses should be around 8k, the rent only is 3k, and the country is Romania.
>>
>>38781361
Now that I'm not just shooting off the cup and thought about what I just said, there is more options, you got enough to just do what you do and give away. Pick something good to give into until you're one of the people that should just kill themselves that they have so much they are stunting everyone else.
>>
>>38781494
cup I meant cuff, I don't own any cuff links so I don't know why I'd even use the expression. I wouldn't even present killing yourself as an option unless you were like a handful of people. But, a handful of dollars goes so far I'm just pissed off you'd ask me this for free.
>>
File: 1487442577547.png (246KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
1487442577547.png
246KB, 1180x842px
>I want to endanger my livelihood on purpose
I'm surprised you're able to read at all, with you being this stupid.
>>
>>38781446
I see, thank you. Let me run some numbers and I'll see what things look like
>>
>>38781613
Found a calculator online. With about 8k withdrawn per year and a rate of 8%, this nest egg would last about six years.

Not bad, but I'd maybe save a bit more before going NEET
>>
I'm at the end of doing this. My job ended last November and I've been staying at home pursuing my studies. It's not always as relaxing as it seems. I've had a lot of surprise expenses pop up like having to buy a new computer and washer. Also I was way more optimistic about the future when I was working. I can convince myself these days that no jobs will exist in 10 years and the economy will collapse soon.
>>
>my dream is to have nothing to do all day and have no income
Wow so impressed
>>
File: 1480125498696.png (270KB, 1185x699px) Image search: [Google]
1480125498696.png
270KB, 1185x699px
>>38780516

>pic related is a post from wizchan

I did the same. I had saved up a decent amount and took a few years off. It was wonderful (mostly). I think you have to accept things going in, mostly that you'll lag (further) behind your peers. You'll be happier, but won't have the bullshit trappings of wealth and status. Don't dwell on comparisons - focus on your own happiness.

My advice would be this:
- Don't stress. If you have decided to take the time off, then actually enjoy it. Don't spend every day second guessing yourself. Sure, review after a year, but don't dwell on it. Embrace your freedom.
- Leave your apartment frequently, even if you just walk around outside. If you sit in the dark all day, it will not end well.
- Set some very minimal goals for yourself. Don't set something absurd like you're going to study Japanese for six hours per day. Just try to do one hour of something valuable/productive that will grant you some sense of accomplishment. Just enough to give you some self-esteem, but not enough to stress you out.
- Exercise if you can, because it's easy to comfort eat.
- Try some new things. You don't have to sign up for yoga, but at least sample a couple of different 4chan boards or try a new skill. Cooking is an obvious choice.

Do not:
- Sit in the dark all day browsing 4chan, becoming disconnected with reality and letting your social skills deteriorate completely
- Get fat by comfort eating to mask your depression
- Turn to alcohol
- Cut all ties to any remaining friends because you've become bitter/envious of their minimal success

It might help you get some perspective, figure out what you want. I don't know. Long term, there's going to be awkward questions about that crater in your resume, but you could always say that you were helping orphans in Sri Lanka or backpacking through Mongolia or some shit.

(I'll answer questions or offer more direct advice if you want it).
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.