[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw depression was caused by excessive over-thinking >all

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: dfg.jpg (37KB, 596x584px) Image search: [Google]
dfg.jpg
37KB, 596x584px
>tfw depression was caused by excessive over-thinking
>all I had to do was turn off my brain and it would go away
>wasted 20 years of my life when the fix was that easy

So is this how normies do it? They just shut their brain off?

Really makes you (not) think
>>
>>38779120
you cannot shut your brain off anon thats why we are cursed
>>
>>38779120
>So is this how normies do it? They just shut their brain off?

No, we do it by having lives so that we're not depressed.
>>
>>38779120
so HOW do u turn off ur brain? That would fix most of my problems.
>>
>>38779120
The power of now, read it.
>>
>>38779120
These kinds of depressive spells are more indicative of an acute self-awareness than (metaphorically speaking) your computational power. While you are correct to some degree in your assumptions, your end-goal is fundamentally flawed. If you were to lose sight of yourself (however obsessed over the matter you may be) you would be no better than the most loathsome normie imaginable. Should you persist in being a depressive faggot, you are presented two very clear choices; either live (miserably) anxiously until you finally die or work towards rectifying the glaring flaws apparent to you.
>TL;DR sink or swim faggot, just don't stoop to their level
>>
File: Pepe (0057).jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe (0057).jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>38779120
Thank god that I have ADHD and NEVER SHUT MY BRAIN OFF
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHAHHHHHHHHHAHAHHHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHHAHHHAHAHHHAHHHAHHHHAHHHHHHAHHAHHAHHHAAHHHAHHAHHHAHHAHHAHHHHAHAHHA
>>
File: 1477454733826.jpg (50KB, 413x425px) Image search: [Google]
1477454733826.jpg
50KB, 413x425px
>>38779120
tfw could've kept a friend if I just stopped thinking.
So this is what it's liked being cursed
>>
>>38779120
>So is this how normies do it? They just shut their brain off?
That implies they turn it on at all.
>>
>>38779579
This really depends on what is causing his depression. If his over-thinking is about being self-aware and self-critical, then yes, he could fix his depression by working at self improvement. However if his depression is caused by having enough time to himself to think logically about the nature of the universe, consciousness, human nature, etc, there's really nothing you can do about that no matter how much you work at it. Other than, as OP says, turning your brain off, however this seems more like a prevention than a cure so I'm not sure even this will fix anything after the damage has been done.
>>
> spends most of a year in existential fear
> constantly overthinks about the future
> overthinking leads me to be socially awkward as hell
> haven't spent a day in the last ten months not feeling empty and anxious
> goes to therapy weekly but it hasn't improved my condition
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.