[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be christfag for 30 years of my life >finally considering

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: not fair.png (148KB, 524x522px) Image search: [Google]
not fair.png
148KB, 524x522px
>be christfag for 30 years of my life
>finally considering converting to atheism

Was Jesus was a figment of my imagination all this time?
>>
>>38768715
I was an atheist for the longest time and am just coming to Christianity.

Also OP, your idea of Jesus could very well be a figment of your imagination.
>>
File: 1492732630532.jpg (56KB, 564x437px) Image search: [Google]
1492732630532.jpg
56KB, 564x437px
>>38768715
ahhahahaha christKEKS on suicide watch lmao
>>
File: bigbrainwojack chess.jpg (73KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
bigbrainwojack chess.jpg
73KB, 764x551px
>Was Jesus was a figment of my imagination all this time?

even atheist scholars still agree jesus was a real person, whether you believe he is the son of God is another thing and up to you.
>>
>>38768715
Of course Jesus is a figment of your imagination, but it's a really comfy/supportive figment of your imagination. That being said, I can't get myself to suspend my disbelief enough for it to benefit me.
>>
>>38768715
atheism sucks
i used to be terrible fedora
>>
>>38768715
Why not take Pascal's wager? God is real any way
>>
File: 1501526135760.jpg (42KB, 500x638px) Image search: [Google]
1501526135760.jpg
42KB, 500x638px
Atheists on SUICIDE FEDORA WATCH
>>
>not switching to eastern religion
>>
you don't "convert" to atheism, and it's not something you consciously choose to do. If you don't believe in any religion or deities, you're an atheist.
>>
>>38768715
Whyd you start thinking gods not real?
>>
File: ..png (276KB, 1685x2008px) Image search: [Google]
..png
276KB, 1685x2008px
>>38768923
>pascal's wager

But which god is real huh? Choose wisely.
>>
>>38768923
Pascal wager a shit
t. not atheist
>>
you don't 'convert' to atheism you retard
>>
>>38768923
Pascal's wager goes against Christian values. It's shit.

Believing in God purely to avoid punishment is no path to faith or virtue.
>>
>>38768715
I really hate to be this blunt but you're on the path to suicide
>>
>30 years of my life
You're a little behind, OP. People who aren't complete brainlets usually outgrow theism 10-15 years earlier than that.
>>
>>38768715
>Was Jesus was a figment of my imagination all this time

perhaps, but if you actually read the bible instead of just believing in jesus blindly (as most christians do) then you can still take away life lessons from it. prayer and contemplation can still be useful to you if only just to ease your mental burdens.
so to say you can learn from the bible without forcing yourself to believe anything
>>
File: 1501035223052.png (6KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1501035223052.png
6KB, 390x470px
>>38768929
>No chin
Oregano pasta is original
>>
File: IMG_20170529_181557_0.jpg (858KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170529_181557_0.jpg
858KB, 1536x2048px
>>38768715
You can't convert to athiesm since its not a system its just a lack of a belief in a god.
>>
File: 1488153231792.jpg (94KB, 809x464px) Image search: [Google]
1488153231792.jpg
94KB, 809x464px
>>38768715
Better sort yourself out with this dude now, otherwise you might go crazy
>>
>>38768715
Did he help with you shit because it seems to me he never does.

>>38768769
Why exactly did you want to become christcuck?
>>
>>38768715

Yes. But some people need that imaginary figure to give them emotional support because the world is pretty shit if you dont believe in anything.
>>
>>38768715
Make sure to buy a fedora to start your transition
>>
File: the power of christ compels you.jpg (74KB, 300x339px) Image search: [Google]
the power of christ compels you.jpg
74KB, 300x339px
>>38768715
>not knowing that religion helps people to try and stay moral
>without it they would descend into fucked up shit faster than ever
of course just like with anything, people who lead the religion and teach it to others may be corrupt, but they can be punished by people if their secrets are discovered, and they have to live in constant fear that god will punish them once they die.
what stops atheists though?
>but common sense and ethics stops them
they can completely disregard that, god isn't real, so who can punish them if no one finds out?
>>
>>38768715
If your Christianity only consisted of acknowledging God's existence and thats it then it was only a matter of time before you realized youre a false convert. Hopefully you bounce back.
>>
>don't give a shit about what happens when I die for years
>browse /pol/ for the funnies and find religious threads
>get linked to alt-right religious podcasts
>lots of crazy esoteric shit about Christianity talked about on there
>start to develop interest in Christianity
Funny how things work out. I think of religion as highly metaphorical though.
>>
>>38768715
Jesus might or might not have existed. He is a leyend, in the sense that while there's no actual proof that he himself existed, some events/places/people that have been proved to have taken place/existed in his era.
Think of the legend of king Arthur. It's the same case. But his legend still inspired people to make the virtues of a knight (bravery, solidarity, honesty, etc.) part of their lives.
What I'm saying is, it really doesn't matter whether Jesus existed or not, or if he actually was God's son if he did. He's a character that said and did some cool shit that by emulating you can become a better person. And on top of that, you can find people who chooses to do the same pretty much anywhere. His teachings are the same regardless of who he was or if he existed. However, it's true that religion, the institution, has degenerated in a lot of ways, because of human nature.
So, basically, you can be an atheist, as in believing there is no god(s), and follow what some hippie allegedly said about 2000 years ago if you think that will be good for you.
>>
>>38770657
How could Jesus' physical existence even be questioned? At what point does an individual in the Bible become real? Are the 12 apostles fake? Their disciples? Was the new testament written by a fedora in his mother's basement make up all of these people?
>>
>>38770734
>How could Jesus' physical existence even be questioned?
The same way anything can be questioned. By asking for proof that it is/was real. When it comes to Jesus, there really isn't much proof outside the Bible that he existed.
> At what point does an individual in the Bible become real?
When other sources confirm their existence. For example, the census that made Mary and Joseph return to Bethelem/Judea, where Jesus was born, has been proved to have taken place. I think the king who ordered that census to be done (I forgot his name) has also been proven to have existed, but I can't really recall now. While this doesn't prove the existence of Jesus, it does prove that not everything the New Testament says is bullshit.
>Are the 12 apostles fake? Their disciples?
Honestly, I have no idea.
>Was the new testament written by a fedora in his mother's basement make up all of these people?
Considering the New Testament was written years after Jesus' death and that the Gospels were edited and some of them straight ripped off the Bible afterwards, that could have happened.
>>
>>38768715

Read this
https://hotelconcierge.tumblr.com/post/140529495929/how-to-be-attractive

Watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKl9H037C1k
>>
If you've believed for 30 years and haven't actually experienced Jesus I don't think you were ever Christian. You've never had a prayer answered, or have someone tell you something they had no way of knowing otherwise, or anything?
>>
You can't prove it one way or the other, why worry about it? Apatheism is GOAT tier
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.