[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I git gud at conversations /r9k/? I finally decided I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1472423051127.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1472423051127.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
How do I git gud at conversations /r9k/?

I finally decided I want to change myself for the better but no matter how good I look (been working on that for 2 months) I won't be able to hook anybody (not necessarily gf, but friends in general) if I keep conversing like a fucking sperg.

I've tried

>Be yourself!
>Listen to people and care about what they say!
>Make them talk about themselves!

But my conversations always dry up extremely quickly because I don't have much to talk about after being a socially retarded shut-in for 27 years so all my interactions end up being extremely shallow.

wat do
>>
Drink alcohol and maybe doing LSD recently had something to do with it.
>cousin is all around popular and shit
>him and his friends wanna go to a nature park
>they ask me for a good one since I live near them
>they invite me to come out
>just drink a bit first
>just chat up, say what I feel like saying
>this doesn't usually happen even when I drink
>cousins and friends notice how outgoing I'm being and asks if it's the lsd that changed me
>say maybe keep on socializing and having a good time
>>
>>38767128
The main thing in a conversation is to find a common topic that you can both gush about. Even if it's not something you're too proficient in, say music, as soon as you find out what they're passionate about you can just ask them leading questions and they will talk about stuff they love for ages, to which you can chime in and ta-da, conversation. As for actual practice, what helped ME a lot was getting a job as a bartender, since all you do is talk to a lot of people. My small-talk skills got so good in that place.
>>
>>38767307
I concur with the alcohol, it's an amazing social lubricant, but LSD is something that you might not necessarily want to mess around. How you take an LSD trip really depends on the person - some people indeed might have a life-changing experience, but if you're a naturally anxious person or depressed or whatever then you might have a really shitty time and be even more fucked up for a little while.
>>
>>38767128
The truth is you're a boring fuck.
>>
File: 1501368368488.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1501368368488.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
>>38767128
Only ask questions. Most normal people really like to talk about themselves. Feign interest. People will think you're an amazing conversationalist.

When they occasionally mention things you identify with you can chime in, but otherwise you should let them do all the talking.
>>
>>38767128
>I don't have much to talk about after being a socially retarded shut-in for 27 years
What are you interested in? And if you aren't interested in anything other than media and games, why aren't you interested in things? If you want to be able to talk about more things, get something to talk about.
>>
>>38767606
You ask a lot of questions, Morty. Not very charismatic.
>>
File: beovTRG.jpg (243KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
beovTRG.jpg
243KB, 1080x1349px
>>38767128
well imo you have a few things you could do
>have life experiences to talk about or have an interesting life
not an option, but maybe in the future
>be autistically knowledgeable and passionate about something and talk about that a lot, hope they ask questions
I think this is actually fine, if it's something interesting.
>get drunk and spew shit
While this is easy I don't really recommend it. Drink a bit maybe a couple of beers at best if your goal is to leave a good impression or some shit like that
>listen to them and ask a lot of questions
This is very easy to very hard depending on the person/chemistry/topic and some people might even get annoyed if they ask them too much. A nice balance is probably asking something, giving your opinion on it, commenting or asking for theirs or sth.

t. "Sometimes I don't talk to people for weeks, but sometimes I even get invited to parties" cyborg
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.