[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else get their drivers license after 20? >Be me 24

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 1432507621701.jpg (61KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1432507621701.jpg
61KB, 400x388px
Anyone else get their drivers license after 20?
>Be me 24
>At license plate agency trying to get plate for car
>Girl at the desk looks 18 super qt
>She asks for identification with a smile
>I show her my learner's permit from 2 years ago that's expired
>I could pin point the exact moment she noticed my situation from her face
>I could sense the questions rushing in her head
>Why does he have an expired learners permit instead of a license?
>Wait, he's 24?
>What's he been doing with his life?
Just kill me
Keep in mind I live in america where everyone is expected to drive at 16
>>
>>38763603
You might get through life easier if you don't immediately try and assume what other people think from one look.

Why's it matter? Good job, you got it. Enjoy yourself instead of worrying about what other people think.
>>
>>38763603
My dad "taught" me to drive and it's basically traumatized me from ever wanting to drive ever again.
I'll be 40 be I ever get a license
>>
>>38763603
got my learners at 18 and got my g2 at 20. gonna get my full license (g) at 21
>>
>>38763712
sounds normie as fuck to me
>>
>>38763767
most people get their full license at 18-19 in Ontario so im still a little late
>>
>>38763603
people abroad dont learn until after college. Insurance in my country is like 2-3k euro a year for under 25s. It's not worth it unless you have rich parents
>>
>>38763712
I got learners permit when i was 18 and got my license in the same year, are you from america too? If youre 18 and passed the written test and got your permit you should be able to take the drivers test whenever you feel like.
>>
>>38763603
Just say you're from NYC lmao
>>
>>38763603
Got my learners permit at 19, license at 21, just a little over three months ago

I wanted to learn to drive at 16 but my parents wouldn't let me. Their reasoning has varied from "you're not mature enough" to "you're easily distracted". I think the real reason was so I couldn't escape the house after fighting with them.
>>
>>38763673
>worrying about what others think

Not op, but this thing is automatic. How do I stop it?
>>
I'm 21. Moved out at 18 and could never afford car, so I never bothered with my license. I'll be finishing school pretty soon but I want to leave this shit country so I might just keep saving up.
>>
>>38763603
I'm 23 and I got my learners permit over a week ago. My younger sister is teaching me to drive.
>>
>>38764353
you gotta do it consciously whenever you the thought pops into your head.
doing this has made me noticeably more nihilistic tho so take it as u will
>>
Spent all of last year trying to learn.

I'm literally too autistic. I just couldn't figure out how to do a good job. The stress made me suicidal so I had to stop.
>>
>>38764353
you don't you just don't care. Do you judge and look at other people in public? maybe you sometimes notice that ONE person who looks unique, but not otherwise. Same applies to other people looking at you. Nobody notices you you're just a nobody
>>
It's a good thing that you don't need a license to catch a semi with your face.
>>
I'm 23. my parents bought me a car for my 16th birthday and I started to learn. however, then I developed epilepsy.... no more driving for me
>>
Got my test next tuesday. I'm 23. Wish me luck lads
>>
Tomorrow I'll have my first drivin lesson and I'm reall nervous. I also forgot much theory about driving because I did the theory test a while ago.
>>
getting your licences is one of those things that you should really just get it over with as soon as possible. Once you get it you don't have to worry about it ever again.
>>
>>38763700
Explain. Did he yell a lot or have little patience? My dad was that way and it turned me off driving, but my pride made me get my license at 19 anyway.
>>
Got my drivers when I was 21 don't worry about it the hardest part about driving is the first month and usually this the time when you driving very conservatively the tough parts from comes the more advanced manuevers that will make your life much easier
>>
>>38763603
I'm 22 and I have never even driven a car. I see little point in learning since I'll most likely never be able to afford a car.
>>
you should just said to them, why do you think thats any of yer business lady? stop being so nosey bitch, and then walk away.
>>
File: 1453794080420.png (177KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
1453794080420.png
177KB, 367x321px
I tried to get it but I ended up spilling spaghetti.
>parents bother me every week about getting a driver's license
>give in because they're fucking annoying
>go through several lessons where we learn about signs and shit
>get a book
>read it for 5 minutes and then go back to playing videogames
>take driving lessons
>works pretty good the first 3 - 4 times
>ff to next driving lesson
>new car
>the pedals are really hard and I have to push my foot on them pretty hard to get it down
>leg starts shaking from putting to much presure on it
>fuck up a few times and engine stops
>practice some more for a few weeks
>driving test
>some fat fuck joins me in the car
>tells me where to go 1 second before every turn or intersection
>fuck up because he is a piece of shit and doesn't give me clear instructions on where to go
>"turn right over here"
>turn right
>"what are you doing now? I told you to go left"
>wtf
"o-ok, my bad"
>do pretty good, almost like the driving sessions just with this fat fuck and his shit directions
>we come back to the parking lot where we started
>tells me I failed because I didn't follow his instructions and I didn't drive safe on some occasions
>get angry but keep it for myself
>teacher stands outside waiting for me to deliver the results
>start to tear up
>no no no fuck don't tear up
>"How did it go anon, did you make it?"
>"I f-failed"
>can't hold it anymore
>walk away crying like a bitch
>had to wait for dad to pick me up
>stood around the corner of the building crying while people walked past me
>mom and dad still wants me to get a license
>the driving school is a local one and I'd have to confront my teacher again
I'll never fucking go back there, it was embarrasing enough to cry like a little bitch infront of people and I can never handle such a situation again. Fuck the license, I don't go outside anyways.
>>
Got my license at 30. Walked into a rental agency 2 weeks later. Gave no fuck. They gave me the 30 and above price for experienced drivers, too.
>>
>>38763603
she attends a bazzilion people everyday man, just fucking do the test and get on with it, fuck that bitch
>>
>>38764618
>I developed epilepsy.... no more driving for me

Fuck that. Get on the right medication. Don't let the state limit you like that.
I'm epileptic and I'll gladly take pills that make me a little loopy if it means I can still drive. I had 2 seizures in my fucking sleep and I lost my license for a year. Not being able to drive for a whole year at age 22 fucking killed me on the inside.
>>
>>38763603
You just couldn't find your licence, you got a new one but it hasn't arrived yet. There, a decent excuse that is very believable
>>
>>38764095
nah im from ontario canada
we gotta wait 1 year after the written test another year after the first drive test and then your second drive test then you get your full license
>>
if you can ride a bike, you can drive a car tbqh
>>
>>38767769
top quality bs right here
it's not even remotely the same
>>
18, got my permit 2 months ago about to take my test
>>
>>38763603
Are learner's permits for people over 21 also sideways like normal licenses?
>>
>>38766639
im sorry about your predicament
>>
>>38767858
they let 15 year olds drive matey its not that hard. if you have the skills from riding a bike you're halfway there.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.