[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>goes to the gym, gets ripped >make a lot of money >look

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (18KB, 248x189px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
18KB, 248x189px
>goes to the gym, gets ripped
>make a lot of money
>look up advice on dating sites
>buy books, go on seddit and ask lots of people on how to get a girlfriend
>change personality & get new hobbies he doesn't actually like

>finally gets a girlfriend who says she loves him
>"Wow, I guess love is real after all.. I will marry her!"
>>
>>38739855
Is this another /shit that never happened/ thread?
>>
>>38739869
You're out of touch with people. How exactly did you interpret the OP?
>>
>>38739855
i hate the idea of forcing yourself into normalcy if its unnatural to you.

i actually agree with the 'b urself' meme but from a more pragmatic perspective. literally you'll be happier if you stop giving a shit and be the most exaggerated version of your natural demeanor. if people are into it then thats lucky. if they arent then you dont have to give a shit.

unless you desperately desire a social life of course
>>
>>38739959
>unless you desperately desire a social life of course
You do realize more and more careers revolve around your social life right? Hobbies too.

not everyone wants to jack off to anime and play video games. There's more to life than those things so maybe you can't relate. You think everyone is content with just sitting in a corner in their room on their computer jacking off
>>
File: 1501367583580.png (1MB, 1600x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1501367583580.png
1MB, 1600x1022px
>>38739959
>literally you'll be happier if you stop giving a shit and be the most exaggerated version of your natural demeanor. if people are into it then thats lucky. if they arent then you dont have to give a shit.

yeah thats what I do, now im a 25 yo virgin lol
>>
File: seriously.jpg (13KB, 547x480px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
13KB, 547x480px
>>38740012
so where did you extrapolate all that projection from?
>>
>>38739959
being yourself to the fullest extent is the best way to live life, it's the only way to have any real deep relationships with others like you. there truly is no better feeling than being liked for who you truly are

the problem is people interpret that as never needing to change a single thing about themselves and as an excuse never to develop any kind of life skills
>>
>>38740079
you projected by claiming we'll be happier by following the "be yourself" meme. If that was fucking true no one would be crying about being a virgin you retard
>>
>>38740030
For just the cost of a cup of coffee a day you can make a difference in helping feed low-test hipsters in Williamsburg.
>>
>>38740012
>careers revolve around your social life
What do you mean? There's no more bioengineers in my social circles.
>>
>>38740196
I work on a software team, you have to talk to the client to figure out what they want you to do. You have to attend meetings, you have to travel and fly around the world to do presentations to sell your product and more. Majority of it is socialization.
>>
>>38740234
For me at least work's a whole different game and there's a clear distinction between my work-face and true self.
>>
>>38740346
no it's not a different game. In dating no one is being their self, they just internalized their conformist behavior. Haven't you heard about all the moments men & women cheat on their partners and keep it a secret? They're all playing pretend at all times.
>>
File: I am L.jpg (68KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
I am L.jpg
68KB, 500x750px
>>38740153
I'm responding to the mantra of

"YOU HAVE TO DO NOFAP, GYM, TINDER, SELF IMPROVEMENT BOOKS, HOBBIES YOU DONT ENJOY TO BE HAPPY"

which is what the thread was about yet somehow you're not the retard here.

I'm saying you dont have to force yourself though a cookie cutter to get what you want out of life.

the thing is why would you not want to be yourself?
there is no way you can by happy by forcing yourself to say and do the things you don't want to say and do.

Like OP said

>finally gets a girlfriend who says she loves him
>"Wow, I guess love is real after all.. I will marry her!"

She doesn't even know who you really are because you forced yourself into this mould which you don't even agree with. and soon enough you will let go and fall back into your old habits and she will be seeing a person she didn't marry in the first place.

>You do realize more and more careers revolve around your social life right?
what does this have to do with careers? Like i said "if people are into it then thats lucky." you can still have a social life, in fact it's likely to be better when you are at ease with your self and you dont have to over-analyse your every word.

if anyone wants to stop being a virgin the best step would be to get off this board and stop crying about it. how is that going to help.
being yourself for the typical robot is not just about moping about and fapping to anime. to take advantage of social situations you have to OWN YOURSELF, actually be proud of whatever you are and make it acceptable to you and the people around you.
>>
File: masks.jpg (62KB, 1024x945px) Image search: [Google]
masks.jpg
62KB, 1024x945px
>>38740153
you're missing the point, being yourself doesn't mean you can't improve your social skills or physical and mental health

being yourself means when someone asks for your opinion, you tell them your actual opinion. when someone asks what you like, you tell them what you actually like and don't just make something up so they'll like you more. You wear what you want because you want to. it's the only way to meet people just like you and to establish real deep connections. it frees you from having the constant pressure of keeping up the facade
>>
>>38740153
>If that was fucking true no one would be crying about being a virgin you retard
It really is pathetic isn't it. If you're set on going your own way you shouldn't be surprised if the rest don't follow. To receive, you have to be ready to let go.
>>
>>38739959
Having a desire for socializing and romance it's normal.
Some people don't have it but those are rare, for most people it's painful to be all alone.

If I "be myself" I'll be completely alone forever. I've been doing it for a long time since I don't really have the skills to create a fake, normal, personality and don't even have any opportunity to use that personality even if I had it.
Because of this I'm 100% friendless and the loneliness makes me suffer.
>>
>>38740385
Never dated or been too keen to. Can't relate to that example.
>>
>>38739869
He's mocking the imaginary man in that scenario because he had to go through all that trouble, doing all this painful and annoying shit, just to settle on the first plainface Jane that says she loves him.
>>
File: manlets btfo.jpg (47KB, 540x568px) Image search: [Google]
manlets btfo.jpg
47KB, 540x568px
>>38740498
I mean, by all means you can force youself however much you like, thats down to your own persiverence and determindation to be different. I just mean the actual steps people go through as if their is some kind of objective criteria for a girlfriend checklist is retarded.

you can try so hard
and get so far
but in the end
height is all that matters
>>
>>38740603
The importance of height is exaggerated.
It was really easy for me to become stay a kv until 25 despite being 6'4".
>>
>>38740498
don't you want to improve those aspects of yourself, though? if you could magic yourself impeccable social skills, wouldn't you? surely if you could change the aspects of yourself that are causing your problems you would, right? those parts of yourself are just as much you as any other. Being yourself just means living your life in a way that doesn't depend and change based on what other people think, it changes based on what you like, what you think, what you want for yourself.

chances are, a lot of your problems are a result of too much of the former and too little of the latter
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.