[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>halo 2 was released 13 years ago >gears of war released

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: wtfhow.jpg (21KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
wtfhow.jpg
21KB, 362x362px
>halo 2 was released 13 years ago
>gears of war released 11 years ago
>simpsons move released 10 years ago
>>
>>38736108
>3 crappy things are a decade old
Kill yourself
>>
>>38736151
you have shit taste fampai
>>
>>38736314
>OP was released 15 years ago
>>
>Halo 3 was released 10 years ago

ftfy since it's better than H2
>>
File: 1501368012106.gif (289KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1501368012106.gif
289KB, 400x300px
>>38736364
This is honestly something a little kid would say seeing as though I was playing halo2, was I playing it as a 2 y/o? Off my board kiddo.
>>
>>38736413
Nah halo3 was norman trash, it was the beginning of the end, they added pokeballs and fucking bullet spread, ruined the game, every game after was irredeemable.
>>
>>38736480
spread was not that egregious dude (bloom only existed on the AR and it was minimal). the equipment was mostly a waste but it wasn't intrusive to core gameplay and was more or less removed after a few patches. H3 under the right conditions is a step above H2 and H2 only worked in the first place because it was a broken, rushed mess which by some miracle played it in its favor. H3 also had the best BTB by a long shot and I will fight you if you try to assert otherwise

competitive reach and community impact was highest at 3 for a reason. Reach was the actual beginning of the end
>>
>>38736682
let me add that projectiles were actually better than hitscan as long as you were playing LAN or the connection wasn't shit. it added an additional element to aiming based on range that wasn't present in H2
>>
>>38736682
>spread was not that egregious dude (bloom only existed on the AR and it was minimal)
No, I'm talking about on the battle rifle. I'm talking about bullet spread, not bloom. The further you were away, less bullets from your BR burst would hit the target. In halo2 it was like a laser, all 3 bullets would hit if your aim was good. It's a fucking arena shooter, not battlefield.
>>
>>38736777
yeah I'm saying that the spread on other guns wasn't an issue. if the BR was laser accurate hitscan in 3 then long range engagements would be garbage kind of like how they are in Reach onwards because people think giving your utility weapon infinite range is the best idea ever
>>
>>38737051
>if the BR was laser accurate hitscan in 3 then long range engagements would be garbage
Wrong, other way around.
>>
>>38737051
for example, being able to four shot someone every time from mid to flat rock on Valhalla would ruin the entire dynamic of that map. instead of open lines of sight being an instant death sentence you need to teamshot or call them out at the very least. this would only be comparable to Battlefield if the maps were 2 km wide and wind speed was a factor but as they are it's fine

you probably would have been happier with Carbine primaries but for some unfortunate reason that's not an option in custom games, which is the only reason they weren't the main weapon in MLG
>>
>>38737084
there's no 4v4 sized map on which it even becomes that apparent unless you are ass at leading your shots (which I'm guessing coming straight from 2 was hard to get used to for you). it is a BIG problem if there's enough latency but otherwise you need to be playing BTB for it to be a huge concern. I've wasted a huge chunk of my life on BTB and I can tell you it is fine even at the most competitive level
>>
File: YJAshGn.png (87KB, 292x292px) Image search: [Google]
YJAshGn.png
87KB, 292x292px
>tfw played Halo 3 split screen with 3 friends almost every weekend in middle school without taking a rest for sleep
We were unstoppable. Good times.
>tfw you keep jumping from the lift in Valhalla and sniping several people in enemy base in one flight
>>
basically H2 took more individual skill because of 200 button combos + a faster pace and H3 was more team oriented. I don't think there's anything wrong w that just like I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with the blindingly fast pace of H1 but under optimal (not default) settings you needed a better team to succeed at H3. and I'm pretty sure no developer will ever ever nail BTB like Bungie did in H3 again

have some free Hyenas
https://youtu.be/PFCP2ASsfx4
https://youtu.be/z4gILyoS_yI
>>
never played gears of war. I do remember seeing the simpsons movie, it wasn't that great. Though the show had long turned to shit by then.
>>
>>38736108
Get MCC moron, just restart your xbox if mm takes longer than 3 mins
>>
>>38737447
Ah good feelings from those videos.
>tfw you get a killionaire streak medal
>>
>>38736445
I thought it was funny

Ravioli ravioli, oregano contentoli
>>
i'm a forgetful fuck

i remember the simpsons movie. i was playing my nintendo DS at the theater during the ads and the trailers before the movie. i forgot about it and left it on my seat when i left the theater

i forget shit all the time. it's probably the biggest thing i hate about myself.

i wonder what happened to that DS, what path it took in life. probably i'm sure either the theater staff pawned it off. maybe it went to some kid for their birthday or something.
>>
>>38736108
>The Nintendo 64 was released 21 years ago
>Remember going to a friend's house and getting blown away by Wave Race 64 and Blast Corps
>Gc was released 15 years ago
>Remember playing F Zero and Melee every weekend with another friend and my brother
>>
>>38736108
>halo 2 was released 13 years ago
Halo 3 was my first Halo. Never touched the others, even the ones after it.
>gears of war released 11 years ago
Only played 2, didn't care for it besides the story.
>simpsons move released 10 years ago
Never watched a single episode of The Simpsons because I don't watch tv.
>>
File: jewdough.jpg (57KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
jewdough.jpg
57KB, 960x720px
>console shooters
>ever
>>
>>38737447
One of my gripes with H3 is the HUD, just looked so ugly compared to 2. Think I might play some Reach soon.
>reach was released 7 years ago
>black ops was released 7 years ago
>inb4 some lardass calls me a normie
>>
H2>H3>HR
>>
>>38738350
Combat Evolved was pretty fun. I remember playing it via LAN in computer class my senior year of high school. Good times.
>>
>>38737773
Master Chief Collection is an abomination dude

>>38738202
>genuinely wants to touch Reach before H3
don't talk to me or my son ever again
>>
File: Megaman.gif (9KB, 820x650px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman.gif
9KB, 820x650px
>megaman will turn 30 this december
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.