[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any sushi experts? For someone not cultured in Sushi/Doesn't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1501260450453.jpg (38KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1501260450453.jpg
38KB, 320x320px
Any sushi experts?

For someone not cultured in Sushi/Doesn't like sushi, what do you recommend?

California rolls are disgusting af.
>>
Why do you want to train yourself to like something expensive?
>>
>>38732472

Well bitches love sushi right?

Personally, I prefer Ramen or Beef/Steak.
>>
>>38732440
Talk to the sushi chef, tell him what you don't like and what he recommends. He can make you anything as simple as you want
>>
yellowtail is good
>>
File: niggeri.png (1MB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
niggeri.png
1MB, 1024x683px
>>38732440
What don't you like about it? The raw aspect, or the flavor?

For me, I just really hate the flavor of seaweed so I never get rolls, only proper nigiri (edo-style) which is pic related. Other than that, just know what kinds of fish you can stomach and what you can't.

If it's an issue with the raw aspect, then you're kinda screwed. A few items are usually served cooked (shrimp, omelet, unagi, crab) but for the most part if you have a mental barrier around eating raw food sushi isn't gonna be your thing.
>>
>>38732440
>TFW weeb but literally have never tasted sushi in my life
>>
Shrimp tempura is delicious
Green bean tempura is delicious

Raw fish sushi is a meme and not delicious.
>>
>>38733271
tempura is the chicken tendies of nippon cuisine
>>
Each place has their own unique specialties, the best roll I ever had was something called an Angel Roll they only served on Mother's Day. Idk if it's something they do every year but they will make it if I order it, it's expensive as shit and it's basically a green dragon roll but with fried scallops and this savory sweet cream sauce that I still can't figure out wtf it is. I also will eat anything with spicy/fruit flavor pairing like fried banana or mango. Avoid "white tuna" and eel, the former because it's actually a very unhealthy fish with undigestable waxes and the latter because it's endangered. And I personally hate mackerel, octopus, and anything loaded up with cucumber as filler.
>>
>>38732505
This fucking bitch had me take her to sushi since she loved it and 3 months later out of nowhere she said she didn't ever really have feelings for me. I always think about that whenever I have sushi now.
>>
>>38734665
I spent a whole decade with someone, if I thought that way, I could never enjoy life again.
>>
>>38733271
>tempura
>sushi

dass rasis dude

Worked in a japanese izakaya

Kobe beef nigiri is the best thing ever
>>
>>38732440
I'm not an expert but I visit Yo! Sushi pretty often. Assuming that's sufficient, I love the ginza roll. That's salmon, cream cheese and rice. Generally speaking you want to go with salmon, tuna etc rather than duck which imo is too dry. Salmon sashimi is good shit. Hate cooked salmon but raw salmon is the shit. If you're going the kind of place that does it, takoyaki and okonomiyaki are good too.
>>
File: Sushi-Costume-Shrimp_11.png (200KB, 479x771px) Image search: [Google]
Sushi-Costume-Shrimp_11.png
200KB, 479x771px
shrimp nigiri a best
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.