[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Day 1 of turning 18 > stop smoking pot in order to get a job

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0023.jpg (112KB, 804x804px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0023.jpg
112KB, 804x804px
Day 1 of turning 18
> stop smoking pot in order to get a job
> get Wild Turkey whiskey for birthday
Day 28
> working at Wal-Mart at $8/hr. full time
> mom begins asking when I'm moving out
> begin looking for apartments in the $500-$600 range
Day 60
> mom begins acting passive-aggressive
> I try to explain that there's such thing money inflation and it's not like it was 20 years ago
Day 76
> move into shitty apartment
> live off of ramen and canned tuna
> barely have enough to cover utilities
Day 108
> Walmart benefits kick in, slight morale boost
> start looking for a vocational school nearby to become electrician
Day 200
> I now fully hate my job and life altogether
> ask for dollar raise and get it because I'm the only one that actually WORKS in local Walmart
Day 365
> bought cheap pistol from a neighbor
Day 372
> daydream of finally ending it all while slaving away
> can't get rid of it bc live in hood
Day 400
> vocational school I've been eyeing is literally always booked to the maximum amount of students
> budget is so tight I can't move to a better city
> depressed 24/7
How do people deal with this shit for years and years? The same old shit every fucking day?
>>
Look up FAFSA. Grants and loans for school
>>
Look at this poor sap who fell for the wageslave meme. Why are you not living the good life on NEETbux, anon?
>>
>>38731391
if you work 8 hrs full time and only spend on basic shit shouldn't you have enough money with grant money?
>>
>>38731391
>quit pot for 8/hr
>>
>be 26
>work same part time job ive had since highschool
>still live at home
>want to kms everyday
At least you have your own place OP
>>
>>38731391
>Day 28 after turning 18
> mom begins asking when I'm moving out
>Day 60 after turning 18
> mom begins acting passive-aggressive
Why even have kids in the first place if your attitude to parenthood is like this?
My parents were happy to have me around as I went to college and worked because they knew kicking me out at the earliest possible moment would be setting me up for a failure and the longer I stayed the better my positions later when I had my degree and a tidy sum in a bank.
>>
>>38731797
NEET life isn't a meme. It's the only way in modern society to even have a life.
>>
>>38731655

Yah then go to meme college, get lots of debt and graduate. Then go back to working at Walmart like most other college grads do
>>
File: 1478087287669.png (724KB, 1102x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1478087287669.png
724KB, 1102x1004px
>>38732125
this. My parents were happy to have me around paying rent while I worked and went to school. I don't think it's even possible to get on your feet from minimum wage if you're paying rent for an apartment.
OP have you considered splitting rent with a roommate to lower your costs? Do you qualify for food stamps/ programs? If you do, utilize them to make your wageslave job go further. hopefully you can get into that school next semester. And if your parents ever need anything or they start dying don't help their selfish asses at all, they wanted to kick you out when you were working full time and trying your best to become independent. Let that bitch die alone
>>
>>38731391
Does the area you live in have an industrial park? If so you can probably find a job that pays 10-15 with no prior skills needed.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.