[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else have a problem acting around children? Whenever

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 554612378912.jpg (17KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
554612378912.jpg
17KB, 230x300px
Does anyone else have a problem acting around children? Whenever my coworkers or even my sister bring children around I just don't know what to do with them. I awkwardly just pretend they don't exist but holy shit it feels weird. I just can't act like everyone else who comes up to them and seems happy to have children around. I don't hate children but I feel awkward as hell around them.
>>
>>38729889
I have the same exact problem. Never know what to do when kids are around. I don't want to interact with them either because I am scared shitless of being accused of being a pedo. A false accusation like that can ruin your life in seconds.
>>
Is it because you want to fuck them?
>>
>>38729927
Jesus christ this. I'm also afraid of being accused of being a pedo, but also I'm scared of looking like a moron or even just faking my interest in the kid. I can't really ask the kid about his school with a straight face because I just don't care. I don't even know how to say hello or introduce myself to kids like that.

>>38729931
No.
>>
Absolutely no idea what to do or say around them.
I'm concerned about treating them like they're retarded. I don't wanna patronize them but I also don't wanna just go over their heads with complexity.
Friend wanted me to hold his baby, I declined.

I feel nothing but confusion when looking at them. I feel more connected to a dog or cat if I meet one.
I don't think I should be like this but I don't know what to do about it.
>>
Young children are annoying and obnoxious and unpredictable like seriously autistic people (actual potato autism not 4chan autism) I hate when people bring them around.
>>
>>38730200
Yeah. I way prefer talking to kids that are something like 7 or up but when it comes to the younger children I just don't know. Should I talk to them like I would to an adult? Should I treat them like retards?

I really can't pretend and treat them like retards.
>>
>>38729889
Same, I never know if I'm talking too maturely or too childishly for their age, of if I'm being too personal or distant.
>>
babies (1-6) are harder to interact with because they cling. they can play with you all day until they exhaust themselves.
my fear of children is mostly 2 fold: i'm afraid they will cling too hard to me or i'm afraid i'll piss them off somehow.

6-12 is easier because you can teach them stuff and bond.
>>
>>38730200
>I'm concerned about treating them like they're retarded. I don't wanna patronize them but I also don't wanna just go over their heads with complexity.
This
Also I don't really care about them. Everyone is going batshit when they are around and I don't get it. They are just people. Even worse they are little uninteresting people without any life experience. Even some homeless guy would be more entertaining that the kids, at least he could tell me about some interesting hobo stuff. And what is kid going to tell you? That he made rectangle house out of lego?
>>
>>38729889
The only awkwardness i feel is when handling other peoples kids
>aunt "here anon, hold him for a while while i go do thing X"
>*have to stand there like a statue and be ready to catch him when the little fucker is going to try to launch himself to the sweet embrace of death from broken neck from the fall*
Yeah handling kids is weird, trying to limit your vocabulary and watch for swears around kids is really weird too, you can't use big words or you will just have to try to explain the word to them through 5 synonyms and a thought map presentation
Other than that kids are pretty simple to have around, think of them like dogs that can vocalize their thoughts a little, their usual things they do is just "i want to play with these toys now" "now i am hungry" "look at this thing i made" "i want you to observe as i do this" "can you get object X from up there, i cannot reach it" etc they are pretty simple creatures to understand but terribly fragile with no self preservation instincts, they can run around and trip on their own feet and knock their noggin on the ground
In my opinion their fragile bodies are the reason they are awkward to be around, you have to look where you walk, when you are holding on you have to be careful they don't try to jump out of your arms and you have to keep an eye on what they get their hands on, even something like a spoon can be dangerous if the fool runs with it
>>
>>38730367
>And what is kid going to tell you? That he made rectangle house out of lego?
Yes, and everyone is going to pretend that this is the most interesting thing in the world. I never understood that really.
>>
I just say like in autist that i don't like little children if someone wants me to look after their little shits
never failed me once
>>
>>38730393
>aww, look little Timmy colored his color book all wrong and out of bounds, isn't that cute? :3
>>
>>38730435
It's more about situations where there's a family/work dinner and people bring their children in. You're sorta supposed to introduce yourself to everyone and introducing yourself to children is a nightmare.
>>
>>38730393
It is so the kid learns to strive for success to get attention and compliments, you start by giving compliments on little things and then increase the reward with the accomplishment, something like after a good game you take the kid to have some pizza
Effort = reward, success = better reward
Kids prefer the carrot to the stick same as adults do
>>
>>38730479
>family/work dinner
what haha
If it's a family dinner I just grab my plate and go to my room
I don't have "work dinners" and I don't even what the fuck that is. Some normie gathering I assume?
>>
>kid falls over, it's not serious but they begin crying
>you're the nearest adult
>No one is coming to check on kid
>kid looks at you while crying
>>
>>38730542
>ignore him and walk away
>>
>>38729889
>I feel awkward as hell around them.

No shit, they are like walking landmines that are trying to move themself under your foot.
Loud as fuck, want attention and cry roughly every 10 min.
And you can nearly feel the parents burn their gaze into at you for not indulging their precious spawn like a visiting dignitary.
I got paid for dealing with that sort of shit for half a year, never again.
>>
>>38730515
Yeah, I guess. You get that sometimes if you work.
>>
>>38730579
i used to babysit. it was easy for me because i have the imagination of a child.
i would just sit there and unironically play with them as if i was their age, for hours, it's something i can just turn on.

it's ironic too, because it looks like i won't reproduce.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.