[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain ambient music to me? My boyfriend liste

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: shiina.gif (64KB, 209x276px) Image search: [Google]
shiina.gif
64KB, 209x276px
Can someone explain ambient music to me?

My boyfriend listens to a lot of super long songs that have no lyrics and I don't see the appeal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FGl5XJg6Zc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toBla7jT-14
>>
>>38726363
Do you post this thread every fucking day?
I'm going to point this out whenever I see it
>>
>>38726390
R9k is a place to vent
>>
>>38726363
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EIf0m8L0b24

Show him this.
>>
>>38726363
Ambient is like background noise for me, its there but you dont have to concentrate to it, you are not missing some deep lyrics or awesome solo or something.
I personally need to be in mood for it, it does not always "work".

Its not ambient but one of my favorite long songs in Dopesmoker by Sleep which is over hour long bulldozing behemoth. What I like about it that it is very heavy but not at all aggressive, it has enough little changes that it keeps interesting, it has this weird almost religious feel to it due to prolonged, low chanting of the lyrics, its like some latin church choir type of thing.
>>
I hate anything with lyrics or singing in it.
>>
>>38726363
I don't think you have a boyfriend. Have a sage.
>>
It's hard to generalize the types of people that like Ambient music.

Some people associate it with nostalgia feels, most of the video game music of the 16-32 bit era was ambient. If you don't play games, that's Super Nintendo, Sega Dreamcast, N64, and PSX.

Some people don't like music, but they want to have some, 'noise' on, and this these are the most pleasant melodies for them.

Some people are simply autistic or psudo-spiritual (without realizing) it, and they don't like lyrical music, and feel this is 'comfy' and closer to nature and some harmony with the universe or something. It might be tapping into their same centers of the brain that is responsible for spiriuality.
>>
very retarded explanation, but sometimes you can very much "feel" a song, like it is a perfect representation of how you are feeling. this can be true of many genres, but i mainly think of it in regards to ambient, noise, and free jazz.
>>
File: 1485718349835.jpg (462KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
1485718349835.jpg
462KB, 816x816px
>>38726363
ATLAST I TRULY SEEE!!!
>>
File: 1499253411644.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499253411644.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>>38727347
Those Who see it too follow it, do not hesitate to leave those who dont behind youll see, youll truly see !
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.