[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here realized that they have an "autist behavior"?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1499402573083.gif (147KB, 223x222px) Image search: [Google]
1499402573083.gif
147KB, 223x222px
Who else here realized that they have an "autist behavior"? I usually stare at a person's mouth when they're talking, because it's moving, eye contact just feels weird. I'm a pretty well adjusted guy too.
>>
File: 1498897137258.jpg (39KB, 998x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498897137258.jpg
39KB, 998x720px
>>38724452
>Who else here realized that they have an "autist behavior"?
Probably like 90% of the posters here. I basically read like the checklist.
>>
>>38724452
I am autistic and I will do this although for different reason. The issue for me is audible language comprehension. There is nothing wrong with my hearing but when listening to people speak I have difficulty separating syllables. I'll get most of what is said but there will be some bits that get mushed. I heard sound but brain didn't register a recognizable word. So I may ask people to repeat themselves once or twice. In order to help with this problem I learned to lip read. I can see the syllable separation in the lip movements even if I didn't hear it, as such.

For things like movies I need to have subtitles on otherwise I'll miss at least a quarter of the dialogue.
>>
>>38724452
I also have trouble with eye contact. It feels extremely personal and I can't handle that. But staring directly at someones mouth is weird and people can tell.
>>
>>38724452
Yes, I have noticed myself doing this lately
>>
My friend visited me a few months back and smoked me up for the first time in ages. Given the fact that I had no tolerance, I had an ego death. In a moment of panic I was able to view my behaviors from the perspectives of all of my family members, realizing that they both view, see and treat me as if I have a mental condition. Or at least they have every right to. I'm not sure that people should be as singleminded and purposefully isolated as I am
>>
>>38724855
Had the same issue. I used to smoke heaps but gave it up for 6 months lost my tolerance tried it again and it blew my mind, I came to a realization on how retarded I've been acting which tripped me the fuck out to see myself from a different viewpoint
>>
>>38724575
Oh god I have hearing issues due to blowing my ears out with headphones so many times and reading lips helps a shitton.
>>38724661
Can they really tell? Now I'm anxious as fuck about it.
>>
>>38724452
Yeah I don't make eye contact when I speak
I also stutter and miss saying words
I deal with this by not talking to people so I don't embarrass myself and it only gets worse
>>
>>38724452
i try to "fix" my hair in public frequently
>>
>>38724575
When people talk to me it sounds like the teacher from Charlie Brown

I am incapable of comprehending verbal instructions
>>
>>38724452
I can't bring myself to smile naturally because I feel unnatural when I do it
Which means people assume I'm edgy, even though I outgrew the
>I work alone phase
By sophomore year of high school
I'd blame my fucked up teeth and braces causing me to have my mouth closed most of my childhood, but still
I'm 23 and I still can't smile right
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.