[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies care about being/appearing to be a good person?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Io_Disgust_standard2.jpg (103KB, 592x446px) Image search: [Google]
Io_Disgust_standard2.jpg
103KB, 592x446px
Why do normies care about being/appearing to be a good person?

I've never in my life met a good person, just people who were sickeningly polite in a completely disingenuous way. Everyone is out for themselves and barely hides it, I don't even bother pretending because it's so much effort.
>>
>>38723230
Being a good person takes effort, do it enough times and it becomes second nature.
>>
>>38723282
Yeah but why bother?

You don't get anything out of it.
>>
>>38723314
I always treat nice people nice. I love it when people have a nice big smile on their face. Its better to look at, more pleasant to deal with. Those with a stick up their ass can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>38723368
Still doing it for yourself because seeing depression annoys you and you don't want anyone to "ruin" your day with their depression. I am polite and get along as best I can without going overboard and don't expect anyone to paste a smile on their face for me. Some people have fucked up lives and it's crazy they haven't killed themselves yet. Let them live in their fog else they get forced to play a sherade for people like you and end up shooting everyone because it drives them mad.
>>
>>38723467
*charade
>>
I put on a facade of being kind and happy to people and treat everyone equal because I don't want them to be sad and depressed like I am.

Id rather see happy people everywhere and people honestly enjoying themselves.
I don't care if most are shallow at face and are truly only out for themselves, I will love everyone regardless.
>>
>>38723467
this might sound crazy to you but some people like making others happy and yet don't mind if someone is sad at the same time. this is because they have empathy
>>
>>38723601
I'm not the one going on about how it's better to see people smiling and everyone else can go fuck themselves. Empathy is understanding their situation, not getting pissed off when they don't smile.
>>
File: 1468020448098.jpg (187KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1468020448098.jpg
187KB, 512x512px
>>38723230
disgust is the sexiest emotion
>>
>>38723230
Why do you care so much about showing us that you're better than normies? At worst their actions are for more or less the same reason.
>>
Some people are genuinely altruistic you retard OP, you're just bias by your own experience. Such people get taken advantage of constantly.
>>
>>38723684
he's probably talking about people who are mean and not those who are depressed. perhaps you are assuming something else for the sake of putting more of your argument forth
>>
>>38723230
Having manners and common courtesy aren't bad things to have.
I think I was brought up pretty well, always say please and thankyou, always help a person in need (unless they're a cunt), and treat everyone like you want to be treated yourself.
It's done me pretty well so far in my life, I've not encountered many horrible situations and I've always been nice to everyone because it's the right thing to do.
Being nice isn't a meme, being nice is just not being a prick.
>>
>>38723230
While some people aren't inherently good or kind, there are others who are.

Maybe you're just a dick and figure everyone else must be a dick too.
>>
>>38723314
>you don't get anything out of it

You don't get anything out of life, you'll die, you will go to nothing.

So why not do some rad as fuck shooting shit while you're here?
>>
normies think everyone around them are super retarded and people can't see through their hypocrisy.
>>
>>38723368
Regardless of how polite I am everyone scowls at me and treats me coldly

>>38723724
>My whole life experience is "bias"

Ok retard

>>38723775
When a roastie falls over I laugh and keep walking. For one it's karma and two I don't get anything from helping her so why would I?

"You're not doing anything else bro" isn't a good reason to me.
>>
>>38723766
there is no point in being nice if your'e a piece of shit.
>>
>>38723926
>When a roastie falls over I laugh and keep walking.
MOM'S GONNA FREAK
>>
>>38723230
I'm nice and friendly to people just because, but I don't really care about anyone though or their happiness.
>>
File: IMG_1183.jpg (16KB, 400x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1183.jpg
16KB, 400x311px
>>38723230
All people are evil and selfish at heart.

But people want to THINK there's good out there so they pretend there's people to idolize and respect. A smart person fakes being good for more social power: that's how politicians, celebrities, business owners, and organized criminals do it.
>>
>>38724003
no, there is a difference.

id say the first thing is being straight up malicious and disgusting to people
the second is to be selfish and not be aware to your environment
the thing is having good values but neglecting people around you

id say most people fall in the second, but the second also have some exchange with the first on some level
>>
Because being nice directly gets rewarded. No one is nice for any reason but their own benefit, that being said I was for most of my life a good person. Then I decided to see if being a bad person was really an advantage. So I was being as bad as possible for the past year or so and my karma has gone waaay down. People can sense if youre good or bad is what i'm trying to say, and if they sense youre good they will treat you with respect and be more likely to help you with something. If they sense you are bad they will just shrug you off or treat you like shit. So definitely good person is the way to go, literally for me.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.