[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is college really worth it? I've been out of highschool

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: buckethead.gif (44KB, 711x885px) Image search: [Google]
buckethead.gif
44KB, 711x885px
Is college really worth it? I've been out of highschool for 2 years now and I feel like it's now or never to go to college. I'm just not sure if it's even worth it. I've heard of some highschool education jobs that pay fine enough for me to survive
>>
It's worth it if you can do it. If you can successfully earn a degree in three or four years then you should. It will be quite valuable in terms of education, experience, and a future wage premium. If you're can't successfully make it through then it's going to prove to be a waste of money for you.
>>
>>38722738
I'll give you an honest answer
First I will say this.
You are right, it is now or never. The older you get, the more disconnected and alienated you will feel. You will think to yourself how you can relate to these young 18 year olds as someone who is 25. You will also feel worse if you are a loser.

Which brings me to my next point.
If you are an anti social loser, collage will not be fun. It will be a sad, boring, depressing chore. You will see people having fun and doing all sorts of shit, while you just have your headphones, go to class and go home.

If you have an objective and degree you want to aim for, then this might be easier as you can just focus on school.

Dorming and commenting are two VERY different experiences.

Dorming is more like the meme collage experience you see on TV, as in partying and shit, while commuting will feel more like high school 2.0.

I'll stop here for now, ask me any questions.
>>
>>38722738
No, it's not worth it, my degree means about as much as dog shit, even though it's not a /meme/ degree.
>>
OP you don't want to survive for the rest of your life, the older you get them the harder it is to get into college/university due to life happening. I myself will be starting uni soon and I'm 25, it was difficult for me but trust me man working mediocre jobs for mediocre pay is no life at all. Just don't fuck around and actually study, the rest of your life will be that much better for 4 years of your time.
>>
>>38722885
What did you get a degree in?
Curious
>>
>>38722885
>>38722969
Could you also say what your GPA was, how long ago you graduated, and how many jobs you've applied to?
>>
>>38722858
This is pretty good for an answer. But I would add:

Do not go to uni if you do not have a plan for what you want to do with the degree.

If you're just going "to go and get educated", drop out now. It won't end well.
>>
Have a goal.
If you have something you want to do with your education go.
If you're just going to go it's not for you.
>>
>>38722738
It sure as fuck wasn't for me. It wasted even more of my life with nothing to show for it.
>>
>>38722738
If you do go to college do it with the intention of partying and having sex with as many girls as you can. This is very important.

1. Girls are their easiest in college
2. The are usually still pretty hot
3. College education is WORTHLESS but the parties and sex are memories that'll last a lifetime
4. So long as you're socially active you'll make friends for life in college, friends open doors. The adage of (it's not what you know but who you know) is the most powerful truth in all of existence. Knowing just one of the right person is better than 12PhD's but no good social network.
>>
>>38723832
Did you go to college? If so how long ago did you graduate?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.