[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have never seen a TV show more realistic than Welcome To The

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: nhk.jpg (44KB, 225x318px) Image search: [Google]
nhk.jpg
44KB, 225x318px
I have never seen a TV show more realistic than Welcome To The NHK
>virgin hikikomori loser protag who has no hope for future
>gets attracted to lolis
>realizes how fucked up he is
>lives out his days regretting the past and playing Hentai games
>has a waifu and collects merch related to her
>hates girls for being arrogant bitches
>girls are portrayed as sluts who will lie and suck up to beta orbiters but fuck chads
>protag is paranoid about people laughing at him in public
Why is it so hard for more media to do it right like this?
>>
>>38719771
is this reddit?
OriginallanigirO
>>
>>38719771
>Has a 10/10 attracted to him

Close, but not the most realistic there is.
>>
>>38719868
>has anyone attracted to him
Completely off base
>>
File: anguish.png (27KB, 691x653px) Image search: [Google]
anguish.png
27KB, 691x653px
>>38719771
>that episode where Yamazaki thinks he has a girlfriend but she goes for chad behind his back, calling him a pedo loser
f-fuck this show
>>
>>38719771
He wasn't a virgin though anon. He fucked his senpai in that club.
>>
NHK is riddled with anime tropes though. He also gets attracted to actual little girls, not just lolis.
>>
>>38719822
>Acting as if NHK ni Youkoso has no presence on this board
>Using Reddit as an insult
>Using random characters to bypass the bot
Don't make it too obvious, anon.
>>
>>38720452
This. Everyone on /r9k/ seems to miss this.
>>
>>38720509
probably just bait or a newfag trying too hard to fit in.
>>
>>38720452
he's a beta bitch that never got to fuck her. Truly pathetic. I had sex when I was 13 with a girl just like her
>>
>>38720520
It is a forgettable moment and it is not shown but extremely heavily implied.
>>
File: 1501219028997.jpg (132KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1501219028997.jpg
132KB, 500x700px
>>38719771
He isn't a virgin, he spoke to females in high school, and he ended up getting that girl at the end.

Not a robot. A fucking failed normie at best.
But the show is still amazing though.
>>
>>38720520
I don't think it's as explicitly stated in the anime as it is in the novel

Although seeing as OP completely misses several major points of the series (including that most of what he posted was shown to be very negative and toxic) it wouldn't surprise me if he's just retarded
>>
>>38720541
He did fuck her. He describes how it happened in the novel. He also tells Misaki he did it in the anime.
>>
>>38720452
>>38720520
>>38720548
>>38720571
Did he really have sex? I only read the manga, when he gets called a virgin he just gets really defensive
>>
>>38720631
Yes. It is very explicitly stated in the novel, which is the source material for the manga and the anime.
>>
>>38720571
>>38720587
Which version of the story is canon anyway? They changed a lot of stuff throughout the iterations.
>>
>>38720631
At the start of episode 5 you are shown that they fuck.
>>
>>38720571
Episode 5 around 2 minutes in. If that isn't explicit then idk. Sure it doesn't show them fucking but it is very heavily implied, just watch the scene, you'll see what I mean.
>>
File: 1498171628612.png (242KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498171628612.png
242KB, 1024x1024px
>>38720452
>author wanted to write a story about a pathetic loser, but decided against making him a virgin because that would just be going too far
>>
>>38720660
Not sure, tbqh. Manga added a lot of stuff that wasn't in the novel and which later appeared in the anime. I guess the anime is what most people on /r9k/ are familiar with. I think the novel explains some of the more ambiguous parts of the anime, though.
>>
>>38720660
It's easier to just take them as slightly different stories

>>38720699
Well yeah but not remembering a single scene out of 24 episodes is understandable

>>38720724
Him fucking his senpai was a pretty important part of both her arc and of his overall life
>>
>>38720660
I would argue the manga. Both the book and the manga were written by the same guy, but the manga comes after, so I would say whatever changes are made in the manga are canon
>>
fuck this show. It had so much potential but it fucked it all up with Misaki and Senpai. The only character I can relate to is Yamazaki, but he's too social.
>>
>>38719771
>I have never seen a TV show more realistic than Welcome To The NHK

I heard they have tv shows with actual people.
>>
>>38720808
>getting mad because a character isn't as pathetic as you
ISHYGDDT
>>
>tfw I was younger than Satou when I first watched this
>tfw Welcome to the NHK made me think being a troubled, edgy NEET was cool
>tfw I'm now 24 and even further gone than Satou
>tfw being a loser isn't cool anymore, just worrying
>>
>>38719771
NHK got it right because the dude who wrote it was a literal hiki until someone took interest and they got it produced

Japan is 10 years ahead in these kinds of social trends, the whole incel/MGTOW trend is just getting noticed in the West now (though some have been part of it for years)

Gwern has good stuff on this, remember reading an essay on his site where someone said days feel like years each day as a NEET and years feel like days when looking back.
>>
File: 1499565822793.jpg (146KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1499565822793.jpg
146KB, 500x625px
>>38720846
>days feel like years each day as a NEET and years feel like days when looking back
That's very apt.
>>
>>38720829
People enjoy the anime because they can empathise with the characters. Of course that would be harder if the characters are less pathetic than you.

>ISHYGDDT
Damn, that's an old meme. That's so two-thousand-and-late.
>>
>>38719771
Welcome to NHK maps almost perfectly to my life (minus Misaki to save me), down to going to school with a rural kid who thought he could make it being my next door apartment neighbor

I even fucked a girl in high school who became a high-tier government employee in the finance ministry in my country, bitch sucked my dick at anime cons and clears over $75k salary a year now, I know she's on anti-depressants and anxiety medications from her secret social media accounts. She was a year younger instead of a year older, though.

I loved her
>>
>>38720808
Yamazaki is unironically a cunt. He saves it a bit by growing up at the end, but he's the least likable character on the show.

>>38720846
He also returned to being a hiki and hasn't really done anything else of note

>In a second Afterword, dated April 2005, Takimoto admitted that he had not written "a single new story" since N.H.K. and that he was "reduced to a NEET, ... living as a parasite on the royalties from this book." He stated that he felt "completely unable to write" and "incapacitated."
>>
File: women.png (28KB, 487x134px) Image search: [Google]
women.png
28KB, 487x134px
>>38720808
Satou was never a robot, he was a worthless failed normie. Yamazaki though, he had potential
>>
>>38721068
Yamazaki was a twat though to be fair. And had bad taste in anime and games.
>>
File: clenched teeth.png (582KB, 1760x1222px) Image search: [Google]
clenched teeth.png
582KB, 1760x1222px
>>38720987
f-fuck you...s-stupid n-normie
>>
>>38720999
pretty sad what happened to him. I bet he wishes he had a Misaki right now
>>
>there will never be a TRUE robot show
This enrages me so much. Why is it so hard to make a show about a truly pathetic fuck just trying to survive?
>>
>>38720987
>bitch sucked my dick
>bitch
>I loved her

I could never call a girl I loved a bitch.
>>
>>38721368
it's hard to know what it's like if you haven't lived it yourself, people that have lived it aren't making shows
>>
NHK can't be realistic because it is animated and the characters have large eyes like aliens. I feel as though Atypical might give this little cartoon a run for it's money!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieHh4U-QYwU
>>
>>38721497
>has friends
>has girls that like him
>only focused on sex
Fuck this. Just another shitty teen drama that thinks it's capturing how losers are in real life
>>
>>38719771
Have you already seen Ima Boku Wa? Another realistic media depiction of robots.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.