[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Compound question here: 1. Is there such a thing as a female

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: uterus.jpg (366KB, 1500x1226px) Image search: [Google]
uterus.jpg
366KB, 1500x1226px
Compound question here:
1. Is there such a thing as a female philosopher?
2. Has she ever said anything about what the female perspective is on creating life?
>>
i'll bump this just once and then leave it alone
do robots not give a shit?
>>
I'll bump, despite not knowing at all.
>>
There's bound to be contemporary ones at the very least.
>>
File: 1495763722531.jpg (91KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495763722531.jpg
91KB, 1080x1080px
does a single fembot have an opinion on this?
>>
>>38718110
I've had a child. It's an amazing experience. On a biological level it feels like you (or at least your body) is doing what it's made to. Personally though it was a pretty powerful feeling to be able to create, foster and bring life into the world.
>>
>>38718166
do you really think that you and your body are separate entities?

since i'm a male i also have to ask: what do you think of the child's father in this ordeal? did he do what you expected? did you even have an expectation?
>>
a female philosopher who I'd never heard of just drowned while trying to rescue some kids

I read it on reddit
>>
>>38718248
I don't think of it like that, but there's a difference between how I feel emotionally, mentally, and how my body physically feels.

I'm not sure what you mean by expectations of the father though.
>>
>>38718297
pretty useless statement to say without a link
>>
>>38718306
i guess i thought it was kind of clear.

you spent 9 months of your life with a human being inside of your womb right?

how do you not have feelings about what he would be like, and what kind of life he would live with his/her mother and father?

Wouldn't any mother have such considerations?
>>
>>38718344
Well I guess mine is a bit of a unique situation since I was in part acting as a surrogate mother for the child. Obviously I had thoughts and feelings about it, but it wasn't exactly my child. I care but there's no need to worry since the parents are good people and have done a great job from what I've seen.
>>
>>38718166
How bad was the pain of child birth? Would you do it again knowing how much it hurts?
>>
>>38717084
>female perspective is on creating life
considering 80% of all women have children I'd say it's something like: just do it
>>
>>38718419
Surprisingly not THAT bad, though they did give me drugs so I was a little loopy. I'd definitely do it again, I really enjoyed the whole experience.
>>
>>38718408
oh surrogacy, well yeah that's a little different

i guess you would have a psychological and maybe just a little bit of a biological connection then biochemical connection (you know, the seratonin and oxytociin connection)

along with the 9 months of your life.
like really, if i put 9 months of my own life toward advancing some goal and subjecting my genitalia toward a very brutalizing experience, i'd sure be emotionally invested in ensuring that it goes successfully
>>
>>38718489
I also have a genetic connection, it was my egg too. The whole thing was done to help my friend and her husband since she's sterile. So as you can imagine I was very invested even if it wasn't to be "my" child. It was still a deep emotional and physical experience and meaningful to me.
>>
>>38718607
how wasn't it your child? you owned 23 of the chromosomes. biologically it's absolutely yours. haha i guess it just reads to me like it's basically just surrogacy in the legal sense, i.e. not really surrogate at all.

I mean i'm not trying to force a judgement one way or another, that's just how i read it.
>>
>>38718653
It was basically me having a baby myself for them to raise as their own, since it technically was with the husband being the father. If I wanted to I could just take the kid or try to claim legal ownership or something as the biological mother, but the way things are is the agreement we had.
>>
>>38718689
sure, it makes sense.

i know earlier you said that it was powerful. i get that it might not be something that it can be put into words better. it's kind of like trying to explain what color is like to a blind person.

as a male i expect that i probably won't ever be a able to truly and fully understand the feeling.
>>
>>38718734
I imagine for men it's a different feeling but can be just as powerful. I've read about guys expressing intense and powerful feelings about seeing a woman carry their child. Like having ownership over her because of it.

Not sure about that myself but I'm sure it's powerful for everyone involved!
>>
>>38718818
haha why are you even on this board?
>>
>>38718895
I'm not sure I could give an answer that would satisfy...
>>
>>38718913
try me.
i don't even know who you are. it's not like i could have any reasonable means to call you out.
>>
>>38718955
Well I think of myself as a loser, don't fit it normally and like to read stuff here.
>>
>>38718479
Tits or gtforiginallato
>>
>>38718995
i'm not this guy
>>38718973
yeah as long as you're genuine then it's absolutely a good reason
>>
>>38718973
i'm comradered#8992 on discord; leaving this thread now because i think it probably led its course.

you should add me if you want to keep talking, otherise whatever's cool too.
>>
>>38717084
>1. Is there such a thing as a female philosopher?
Ayn Rand
Camille Paglia
?

>2. Has she ever said anything about what the female perspective is on creating life?
Neither of them have children; one dead, and the other is past expiration. That perhapes answers #2. I haven't read any of their works, but I know Ayn Rand's philosophies carry influence in today's philosphers, and that feminists seem to hate Camille Paglia.
Oh, and there's also Phyllis Schlafly. More political than philosophical, but philosophies translate in to policies.

"Feminism is doomed to failure because it is based on an attempt to repeal and restructure human nature."

"Sex education classes are like in-home sales parties for abortions."

"Our public school system is our country's biggest and most inefficient monopoly, yet it keeps demanding more and more money."

Lawyer, activist, author and founder of the Eagle Forum. She had 6 children before she died. Obv everyone hated her, especially because she was an effective republican.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.