[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there much less of a stigma towards young adults who still

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: EU_Kidults_WEB-1.png (144KB, 940x600px) Image search: [Google]
EU_Kidults_WEB-1.png
144KB, 940x600px
Why is there much less of a stigma towards young adults who still live with their parents in Europe compared to the USA? What makes their culture different?
>>
File: 6ZFTC0V.png (459KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
6ZFTC0V.png
459KB, 1200x1200px
>>38710167
Another graphic here
>>
>>38710167
not much space in europe
>>
>>38710167

Its mostly girls in the uk so 26% is about right
>>
>>38710167
There might just be a stronger emphasis on familial bonds and less emphasis on "you're 18 so fuck off"
I think it's more common to have 3 generations living in the same household and stuff as well
>>
>>38710192
Bullshit. This may only be true for Luxembourg, Malta or some other microcountry.
>>
>>38710167
its not stigma, for south european its theri tradition that your mummy wash your dirty pants your whole life and cuck dinner.

East and east south is poor as fuck, they can barely afford to pay rent with single job.
>>
Afaik south europe has a long tradition on kids moving out later, or having the parents/grandparents living at your house.

There is also often a "Its not your fucking business, keep your nose out of it" mentality, compared to what I have seen in the US.
>>
>>38710167

>Poorer countries have a bigger percentages

What did you expect
>>
>>38710167
You try living alone on 200-250$ per month
>>
>>38710243
Not much money in Europe. If you superpose this map with earning power, it will more or less fit. Few people live with their parents by choice.
>>
In other countries, it's okay to support your family and have them support you. In America there's this idea that the individual is the most important.
>>
>>38710398
Yes, but because of this it has become pretty normal not to move out until you get married, so some people just live with their parents to save money.
What is the point of moving out 1 mile away from your parents if you don't have a fiance or a gf at all?
>>
File: morgage_as_a_perc_of_income.png (105KB, 1026x1342px) Image search: [Google]
morgage_as_a_perc_of_income.png
105KB, 1026x1342px
>>38710167
Housing is much cheaper in America compared to Europe.

In the USA, typically, as a % of income you only pay 22% towards mortgage repayments.

In the UK people contribute nearly 4 times that at 75% of their income.

To get enough money to leave home you need to work for years in order to afford the costs.
>>
Southern Europe definitely shows more parasitic children but that's not all that surprising, considering the state of the economy there and also the more traditional family culture.
>>
>>38710556
Do you have that data for rent? Seems like most people under 30 aren't going to be buying homes anyways.
>>
Italians usually livr with their parents until they married
>>
>>38710357
Yep
Euro parents aren't as nosy
Americans move out cause their parents can be fucking insufferable
>>
I'm a burger with Italian heritage, and can confirm the living at home until marriage thing. That's what my parents and grandparents did, and my parents even stayed a while in my grandparents house after they were married.
It seems like some people think having their adult children around is an annoyance or that their children are overstaying their welcome, but, in my family at least, the attitude is that my parents house has always been my house as well, and there's no reason that would change just because I'm a certain age.
>>
>>38710167
>expensive to live alone
>more functional families
>Churches family values linger
No facts, only guesses
>>
>>38710167
Same thing here in Brazil

Why would you leave your parents house if you don't have the money for it or a wife? lol
>>
>>38710176
scandi here, the fuck is going on with southern europe
>>
>>38710167
I have to say that where I live houses are fucking expensive. An average salary will not pay rent. You'd need 150% of your salary just for rent. Then more money to buy food and shit.

Because of this most people remain at home until they saved enough money to buy a house. And this happens a lot.

I'm 25 and still living with my grandmother...

My cousin and his girlfriend, almost thirty, stay at their parents.

I want to move soon, but not willing to pay rent.
>>
>>38710167
Our parents don't hate us
>>
>>38710167

Not everybody have the luck of having been born in a country without economic problems and general instability thanks to those richer european countries.
>>
The US is more of a business than a real country with traditions. Look at how many immigrants come here, work, and go back to their countries to retire
>>
Europe and many other places have different codes for building houses, so you can't just buy a cheap shitty wooden house
>>
>>38710167
Probably the same reason why the UK has low rates relative to the rest of the EU, it's just our culture.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.