[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm so SHOOK >realize when you zoom in on your hand

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

I'm so SHOOK

>realize when you zoom in on your hand its a bunch of atoms interacting
>zoom in on the air you're breathing, loose atoms
>atoms flying around and being sucked into your lungs aka a cage of atoms
>everything is atoms
>these atoms follow strict rules and you can predict how they will behave
>if you had a powerful enough supercomputer, you could run simulations based on the trajectory of all the atoms in the world
>everything is on a set course
>everything is just a bunch of atoms bouncing off each other
>every thought you think could be predicted
>free will doesn't exist
>>
>>38707887
Sounds like you've been watching a little bit too much YouTube today young man ;)
>>
You forgot an important thing though. INSIDE THOSE ATOMS are smaller bundles of energy which have been found to operate on probability. So you could simulate reality, but you can never actually predict it. Uncertainty is the foundation of quantum mechanics.
>>
>SHOOK

Please find the tallest structure nearby and jump off it.
>>
>>38707917
This comment was destined to be posted baka
>>
>>38708004
We'll see how the atoms roll

>>38707944
Ahh. This is still terrifying because uncertainty still means no free will, right? I have these panic attacks about getting stuck in a loop of
>everything I think was predetermined
>even that
>even that
>what if my brain gets stuck thinking like this forever
>even that
>if it does or doesn't, I don't really have a choice
>even that
>even that
>what if it gets stuck
>even that
>okay, I'll just try to stop thinking about it
>whether I succeed or not is out of my control
>I'm stoll thinking about it
>I'm going to get stuck thinking about it forever
>>
>>38707887
The red pill was a mistake!
>>
>>38707944
Uncertain in that context means "we don't know", it doesn't mean "uncaused".
>>
>>38707887
You seem like
>that kid who spouted false and or pointless "did you know facts" that he learned from binge watching vsauce, game theory, and youtube top tens
>>
>>38708094
Uncertainty does not imply the abscence of free will, it strengthens the implication that out of a multitude of probablistic routes at least one will be chosen and that one choice is most likely made by your independent consciousness. You can extrapolate the existence of free will from experimental data as much as you'd like but consciousness transcends mathematical prediction. Theres a reason that Asimov's psychohistory is science fiction.

Either way, you can't reconcile physics and philosophy in any logical or intellectual way.
>>
>>38708720
Okay thanks for your analysis. What about what I'm saying though?
>>38708886
So basically, it feels like free will therefore it might as well be, right?
>>
>>38707887
OP is 60 years too late. Quantum mechanics destroyed this notion of being able to predict atoms
>>
>>38707887
If free will doesn't exist then that's beyond our understanding so may as well pretend like you do
>>
Sam>Alex>>>>>>>>Clover
>>
>>38708976
No, theres more to it than just "feeling it". I want to give you a good response but this subject is gigantic and not very transferable through a few posts. Do some research yourself and draw your own conclusions regarding free will, quatum mechanics, the multiverse, and m theory.
>>
>>38708643
Wrong.
>>38708886
Better.
Anyways no one actully behaves like they don't bealive in free will, even when they say that.
>>
>>38710164
Excellent counter argument you turkey gulleted nerd
>>
We're a lot more than just atoms you pretentious cock wank. There's a reason we're not just a puddle of water and the rest of the elements that make us. You brain is complex enough to allow you to think about choices, free will is real it doesn't matter if you are reacting to stimuli or not you are obviously in control of your own brain.
>b-b-b-but you only replied to this thread cause i made it free will debunked!
ugh fucking causalitylets, every 16 year old going through a nihilistic phase. Once you get older you will take the real nihilism pill not this faggot pop sci crap.
>>
>>38707887
>everything is just a bunch of atoms bouncing off each other
>free will doesn't exist
Then again. When those little building blocks come together, bigger systems emerge that are more than the sum of their parts.
>>
I don't think free will really exists either, but the apparent sensation of it is good enough for me.

People aren't really just human anyway. If you totaled up all the cells inside the spatial volume of a person, the number of gut bacteria and symbiotic critters far outweighs the number of human cells. These things have been shown to affect our moods, appetites... behavior.
>>
File: 6ed769f983ff6a4bc7db72794058cc96.jpg (209KB, 971x1070px) Image search: [Google]
6ed769f983ff6a4bc7db72794058cc96.jpg
209KB, 971x1070px
Is this the totally spies r34 thread?
>>
File: 1500819165712.png (2KB, 324x451px) Image search: [Google]
1500819165712.png
2KB, 324x451px
>>38707887
>Post yfw science can control the electrons in a semiconductor, but still can't make a printer that doesn't break down the night before your big paper is due
>>
>>38710692
The characters are great for it. I just dislike that most of it is weird fetish shit
>>
>>38710708
>not printing it at the campus library
>not emaling a copy to your prof and saying you'll bring in a hard copy and if you don't you have proof of work

you brought it on yourself.
>>
>>38707887
>realize you never really touch anything because atoms don't get to touch each other and instead just get very close to each other because their electric charges repel each other
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.