[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>death is just nothingness Going by that theory then: When

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1486759313809.png (498KB, 472x625px) Image search: [Google]
1486759313809.png
498KB, 472x625px
>death is just nothingness

Going by that theory then:

When we die, we end up with the exact same conditions that gave rise to us before we were born, from nothingness. Nothingness is a state: a state of non-existence; a state outside of time and space, and thus is eternal and boundless: it has no limitations; nothing which limits it. 'No limitations' would not necessarily mean it has potential for anything. However, because it gave rise to us, we can know that it does have potential.

Now think about the fact that the universe is infinite (how could it not be?), and that on our small planet alone there's an endless supply of human placeholders for your consciousness. That's humans alone. Every inch of space around you is full of more life than you'd be willing to count. You can see in nature that everything is cyclical; everything slowly goes round in circles, eventually repeating itself. Ask yourself why all of this would only happen once, as if the universe is keeping count of how many times you've lived.

I'll say it again, sticking with the YOLO theory: when we die, we end up with the exact same conditions that gave rise to us before we were born
>>
nice theory
in reality though what you said is probably only a small portion of how it actually works
>>
Oh yeah totally I feel ya
>>
>>38706882
>the fact that the universe is infinite
Doesn't have to ever repeat itself if it is infinite.
>when we die, we end up
You are implying a linear progression, which would require consciosness to be independent from your brain and nervous system. Ie. for us to have a 'soul'.
>>
>>38706882
let me help you psuedo-intellectual fag

"the path to enlightenment is hard and only few find it.. the rest await the great day when the wheels of the universe shall be stopped and the immortal sparks shall escape from the sheaths of substance... Woe unto those who wait for they must return again, unconscious and unknowing, to the seed ground of the stars and await a new beginning"
>>
If the universe operates on waves does that make me a ripple?
>>
>>38708845
It makes you a faggot

Orriginal
>>
>>38706882
When you die there is no you you're not in a state of nothingness because no such state exists neither do you or did you before you were born
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.