[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you will never be an english major >you will never

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 16041c839654783d3be0ef324571ff44.jpg (839KB, 1200x710px) Image search: [Google]
16041c839654783d3be0ef324571ff44.jpg
839KB, 1200x710px
>tfw you will never be an english major
>you will never spend 4 years studying the greatest works of literature ever created
>you will never hone and perfect your writing skills

why did i have to fall for the cs meme
>>
>>38694516

Is this some weak ass bait or what?

English major here, we don't do any of that shit. Maybe at like Oxford or the Ivy Leagues, but at your typical state school it's just reading a few classics/more modern stuff and writing bullshit papers on them.

I haven't learned a damn thing in the time I've been doing this, but I suppose the blame there lies more on myself for not making the most of the available resources
>>
>>38694630

Nope actual cs student here

then what do you do ?

also job options and favorite book ?
>>
>studied history because I was clearly too stupid for anything else
>turns out I'm too stupid for this too
Wew
>>
>>38694716

nah anon I'm sure that you are smart and can do it.
>>
>>38694652

Like I said, it primarily is just writing fluff papers and occasionally doing a presentation or two.
Tangentially related, but the most interesting class I've taken so far has been a Mythology class that dealt heavily with literary theory (Girard, Freud, Levi Strauss etc etc (the book was Mythography by Doty if you want to check it out)). But still, we just wrote papers and I hate writing k e k

>Job options
I don't know, really. Haven't looked very hard. I know there are some government type jobs you can get, working with congressmen and such. Copyright writers. Then the bottom of the barrel blog posting type shit. I kind of want to be a technical writer myself (typically they work with the programmers or other STEMlords to write user manuals and whatever else).

>favorite book
Tough call. I think Ulysses may well be the apex of English lit, but my personal favorite might be Amsterdam Stories by Nescio
>>
>>38694786
Nah, I'm barely literate.
>>
>>38694931
>barely literate

literally just read more. also talking on 4chan and whatever will partially improve your writing abilities.
>>
>>38694931
>>38694980
>literally just read more

Yeah, this. It's legitimately not a meme. Read more, and if you don't want to write thoughtful things on 4chan start a diary or something to practice organizing your thoughts on paper.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.