[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you were to trade places with any other person Chad or degenerate

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Headshot2[1].jpg (547KB, 400x499px) Image search: [Google]
Headshot2[1].jpg
547KB, 400x499px
If you were to trade places with any other person Chad or degenerate serial murderer, atom for atom, you would be that person and you would behave exactly as they would and for the same reasons. There isn't any outside agent that would allow you to take a different path. There is no free will.

Do you agree with this? Do you know any religious people(including yourself if religious) who agree with this? How do they justify the fact?
>>
>>38694442
Bump, only because I genuinely want to discuss this topic with other robots.
>>
>>38694442
>trade places atom for atom
>would behave the same way
Of course. No one is denying that, and Sam Harris has never used such a retarded argument.
>>
>>38694833
It directly opposes the possibility of free will
>>
>>38694442
>atom for atom
The only way to argue that you *wouldn't* become this person exactly and do the exact same things, is to say there is something beyond atoms and charges that makes up a person. This is ridiculous, as a human brain is easily shown to be plenty complex to run a human body and produce all the inner thoughts. It's like looking at melting ice and deciding that, even though scientists assure him that it's a natural part of ice that can be explained through atomic and molecular behavior, they must be missing something and it's really a genie doing it.

Also, do you spit or swallow? I want to know because if you spit, I need to make sure I point you in the right direction after I fire the main cannon so none of it splashes on me.
>>
>>38694864
Free will exists to an extent.

A lot of your actions, beliefs, personality, etc. is based on genetics, then molded by environment and experiences.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.