[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /therapy/ here? Seems like so many people here are extremely

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: therapylandscape_1651411c.jpg (13KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
therapylandscape_1651411c.jpg
13KB, 460x288px
who /therapy/ here?

Seems like so many people here are extremely obviously mentally ill but never honestly consider seeing a pro.

I've been in for a year, will likely be going for a few more if I don't kill myself before then. Severe complex PTSD from childhood abandonment, triggered super hard when I got dumped by a girl. Shit is hard to live with and harder to treat.

any robots with stories?
>>
>>38678981
diagnosed with depression (major) and social anxiety

Been in therapy 2 years. It's basically worthless. I don't follow most of my therapist's advice because most of it seems like outdated Boomer stuff. Helps to have someone listen from time to time though.

At least the money isn't going DIRECTLY to a roastie though.
>>
I just backed out, couldn't handle the commitment to therapy after one session. earlier in the year i was motivated to overcome my problems, but 6 months later I'm in the grips of nihilism and working a shift job. Had been scheduled for 6 sessions with a psycologist, but have missed the last 2 and have most likely been discharged. I can't get over the shame of the way my life has turned out
>>
>>38679086
Have you tried more than one? Lots of people end up with shit therapists, that they also don't like and have methods they don't like. I lucked out and got one I like with decades of experience first try.
>>
>>38679175
The psychologist Im currently seeing has been working since the mid 70s.

I was in family therapy for awhile, and the guy thought my sarcastic suggestion that I go learn how to drive trucks was a good idea.
>>
>>38679205
What kind of therapy is it normally?
>>
>>38678981
I dont go to therapy because its a cheat for people who diserve to die anyways (unless you suffered from some external horrible thing) If i cant figure shit out on my own i diserve to die in the first place, don't want to cheat darwinian evolution is what i mean.
>>
If I was guaranteed a prescription for some kind of meds, I'd see a pro. However, that's just not the way it works is it?
>>
>>38679229
theyre gonna push pills up your ass even if you don't ask for them, asking for them is even better. you do the math
>>
>>38678981
>tfw friend suffers from PTSD (witnessed murders, was assaulted, abused, abandoned by mother etc.)
>is very poor and can only go to public mental health care
>each time he goes for a session he comes back angrier and doesn't go back again

I know he's responsible for his own health, but I hate watching him suffer. So you guys have any ideas what can help him?

He's not getting better and he self-medicates with alcohol and pot, which doesn't help him, on the contrary.
>>
>>38679229
Therapists can't prescribe meds, psychiatrists do that. They will put you on them whether you like it or not.
>>
>>38679215
Family therapy was with a different psychologist than the one I am seeing now.

Basically I went some sessions with my parents because we don't get along.
>>
File: 1365226127869.jpg (15KB, 248x293px) Image search: [Google]
1365226127869.jpg
15KB, 248x293px
>>38679086
>It's basically worthless. I don't follow most of my therapist's advice
>>
>>38679284
Get him to use less no drugs, replace those with exercise, get a better job.

My primary problem right now is being a poorfag, being un or underemployed most of the time and really having no choice but to live with my parents. I don't really want to move out and just end up with a bunch of room mates either. Sounds like trading one pair of assholes for another pair. Real life costs too much. Sigh.
>>
>>38678981
I don't believe anyone can help me. The 'pros' I met are for casuals and I'm too broken anyway.
>>
>>38679318
A lot of it is JUST GO SHAKE THE MANAGERS HAND FIRMLY, LOOK HIM IN THE EYE, AND ASK FOR A JOB sort of BS. That's what I meant when I said outdated boomer advice.
>>
>>38679296
You would be much better off trying to heal the damage caused to you by having shitty parents than trying to heal your relationship.
>>
>>38679284
There's no substitute for love and good therapy. The thing about ptsd is that its really touchy and hard to work with.
>>
>>38679336
I could suggest those things. Unfortunately he's pretty stubborn, but I think he is more willing to give up booze.

>>38679487
Yeah. He does have a few friends so we support him but it's quite difficult when he keeps pushing me away and then asking me to come back, then pushing away again. I mean I understand it but yeah it's not easy.
>>
>>38679667
The thing about trauma related mental illness is that it has a habit of shattering people's personalities, so that they can simultaneously be desperate for and be afraid of the same thing.
>>
>>38678981
how do I overcome my anxiety to even seek out someone?

I can't even look at how/what my insurance would pay, or where to look or request exactly without getting half a panic attack
>>
>>38679736
also how do I approach this? I take some legal, some illegal, substances to make it easier on myself.

In my country a therapist could screw up my life forever, if he feels like it, how do I even overcome a trust issue like this?
>>
>>38679719
Yeah I figured that out. He had a best friend before who ended up fucking him over and punching him so I understand the trust issues added onto that too.

He really is a good person and I hate it when people keep telling me to stop being his friend because of his problems. I know it's not my job to fix him or save him, but I'm always willing to be there for him
>>
>>38679769
You just do, I suppose. For me I drew the line when I first contemplated suicide, immediately made a phonecall. It's usually about 120$ for an hour so if you can't afford it I don't know what to do. I got gubmint disability gibmedats for it.
>>
>>38678981

Yes. I am schizoid. Therapist literally said he can't help me, what I have is basically my personality and I'm just gonna be like that forever. No drugs or cure exists.

Welp. I tried I guess
>>
>>38679838
as far as I know, in my country, healthcare pays for that shit, so I wouldn't even have to pay, but my anxiety is too bad to do anything that's not a weekly occurence.

Like I got long hair, because my anxiety is too severe to go get it cut every few months.
At least it suits me...
>>
>>38679879
It depends, some countries have universal healthcare that pays for psychiatry if necessary, but almost never for private therapists, and all the good therapists are private. I have the severe agoraphobia so I'm usually terrified of leaving the house, therapy is usually the highlight of my month though, it can really help a lot.
>>
>>38679942
that sounds terrifying, and I wish you all the best in your future, very cool that therapy helps you that much anon

I just need help overcoming all the initial stuff associated with it, like finding out how the rules are exactly here, where to schedule and all of that.
You anons should not really be able to even help me, as my country's pretty small, and has it's own rules in a lot of ways, I'd need someone to guide me....
And my anxiety makes it so I can't confront the few people I'd call friends...
>>
>>38679348
>hasn't tried it
>doesn't know if it'll work
lol
>>
>>38679086
>it seems like outdated Boomer stuff
exaples
>>
>>38678981
They put on a mask which they drop the second they know you won't be able to pay any longer. The actual treatment consists of being put on soul sucking meds while the guy gives you vague platitudes about how life is a beautiful thing filled with opportunities, hoping you're too distracted by the drugs and your own mental illness in order to see through the ruse.
>>
I was in therapy from ages 6 to 11, again at the age of 17, and once again a couple of years ago.

I never felt that it helped me, but half the time that I try to open up to anyone about my problems, they just tell me to go to therapy. It's made me wary about opening up to people.
>>
>be a sociopath with a severe OCD problem
>therapyst can't do shit
Just fucking shoot me already
>>
File: 505727551.jpg (22KB, 612x408px) Image search: [Google]
505727551.jpg
22KB, 612x408px
"Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Have you tried getting a job, anon?"
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.