[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good coping strategies? Life and the world is too

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1501042639149s.jpg (10KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
1501042639149s.jpg
10KB, 250x246px
What are some good coping strategies? Life and the world is too miserable for me to deal with these days.
>>
a nice big alcohol
>>
File: IMG_1916.jpg (116KB, 552x364px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1916.jpg
116KB, 552x364px
Drinking copious amounts of alcohol every night after the work is the only coping mechanism that (temporarily)works for me these days.
>>
>>38674273
i got a job at a warehouse desu
it is tiring enough that i only want to sleep after i get home
>>
>>38674289
>>38674307
I'm 28 and the alcohol has recently stopped working. My body can no longer physically handle the drinking. That's my major problem.
>>
>>38674354
yeah I feel that at age 23, I drank very heavily for a few years and now I just can't binge drink, it just makes me too tired
>>
Unironically meditation
>>
>>38674982
Buddhism is some stupid shit, explain how mediation does anything but give me more time to focus on my horrible thoughts and make it harder to ignore the godawful state of the planet. There's a reason the Dalai Lama is choosing not to reincarnate.
>>
>>38675045
he's chosen not to reincarnate because he noticed that he isn't the actual dalai lama
>>
>>38675045
The point is to gain control of your mind so that you don't focus on the horrible thoughts at all. It's hard and takes a lot of practice and feels miserable and pointless for a long time before you see any benefits. Like exercising.
>>
>What are some good coping strategies?

This isn't good or healthy, but I always imagine what if my life was this or that. Like I like to imagine what if I had a real job instead of a wagecuck job.
>>
get some weed
>>
>>38674387
>>38674354
I'm 29, and I can't really stop drinking. If I go cold turkey, I'll get painful withdrawal sympthoms (aka "the shakes"). If I drink too much, I also get the shakes. That means that I have to be sort of drunk across the day. My life at the moment pretty much revolves around drinking.
I don't want to take benzos either, everything feels bleak when I'm on benzos alone.
>>
>>38674273
Laugh at it.
>>
>>38674273
fuck prostitutes.
>>
>>38676345
any heart problems? hallucinations? cold sweats?

when I had drinking problems I found drinking a (relatively) small amount everyday was actually worse than drinking large amounts every couple of days. I eventually got myself to weekends only and got a lot better
>>
>>38674273
If you've got the energy, I'd say lift.

Angry? Deadlift that mofo bar and show it who's boss.

Sad? Them endorphins got you.

Existential dread? Don't worry about! Soon you'll be a meathead that swears he can arm wrestle god!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.