[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if we are all dead and in hell? Or this is the best heaven

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2719.png (123KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2719.png
123KB, 633x758px
What if we are all dead and in hell? Or this is the best heaven we will ever get?

YOU LITERALLY CAN NOT DISPROVE (or prove) IT
>>
File: 1500758951227.png (84KB, 244x240px) Image search: [Google]
1500758951227.png
84KB, 244x240px
>>38670132
Why would I originally care?
>>
You can not prove/disprove that I am an alien
Ayy
>>
>>38670216
Because it's crazy man we're led to believe this is not the case
>>
>>38670254
But if you cant prove it, why bother thinking about it because it will never be resolved. Just think about other things
>>
>>38670553
>just think about other things
There is nothing to think about
>>
>>38670132
>What if we are all dead and in hell? Or this is the best heaven we will ever get?

One of the tropes of Christian apologetics is that this is the best of all possible worlds. I vaguely recall that Lewis was fond of this idea; to expect anything better is tantamount to demanding a fundamentally absurd universe in which both the immovable object and unstoppable force are capable of coexisting.

The theologians teach that we only resent our suffering only because we lack God's perfect wisdom. One of Mephisto's laments to the sorcerer Faust was that though he sought to do evil, each of his actions was in accord with God's plan. Driven though he was to damn mankind, to drag God's sons into Perdition, his most exquisite agony was that he could do nothing that wasn't in service to mankind's redemption and eternal bliss.

Well, God is dead of course. The Ugliest Man's hands are stained with the Lord's blood. But with Father gone, Mother Nature has risen up and usurped His throne. Strange, isn't it, that we still find ourselves in the "best of all possible worlds"? The beautiful have license to enjoy their gifts because the repulsive have taken upon the burden of all of the miseries that attend ugliness. The well-fed sigh with contentment at the cost of snatching even the tiniest scraps from the mouths of the starving.

When God was struck dead by Kant's rusty blade, the lovely angels in Heaven and the revolting demons of Hell perished alongside Him. But what of it? Mother Nature continued to do Father God's work and, finding the world without gods and monsters, split mankind into the tribes of the Beautiful and Ugly to fill the void. Heaven and Hell became populated once again.

There will always be the lovely and the grotesque, the elect and the damned. The fact that the former celebrate this fact and the latter mourn it matters no more to Nature now than it once did to God.

This will always be the best of all possible worlds.
>>
>>38670132
If that is the case, then why people die asshole
>>
>>38670132
Shoot yourself in the head and test it out.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.