[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /r9k/, this is a review of Touhou 6. The touhou series is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: eosd.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
eosd.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
Hi /r9k/, this is a review of Touhou 6.

The touhou series is a very popular bullet hell franchise, made up of fans who either like the games or just like the girls. Touhou 6 is commonly seen as the best of the Touhou franchise, and the starting point for where it is now. Let's start of by acknowledging how the game works, it's simple, just avoid the bullets and shoot enemies. When enemies die, they drop squares. The squares can be red, blue, purple, or green. Blue is just for points, purple gives you an extra life, green gives you an extra bomb, and red makes you shot stronger. If you lose all your lives, you'll be given a free yellow square, which maxes out your shot's power. Now that that's out of the way, onto the actual game. The story is just pathetic. Something about the moon becoming red and a lot of fog forming, I'd know more if the game was able to dictate itself better, but it really isn't. The cutscenes in the game play out like something a child might write. Dialogue is so hard to explain, it's just...the characters never seem to speak like regular people. They just say something random, argue, and then say something random again. Half of the time the characters don't have any purpose for even being there and the dialogue doesn't help their case. As far as the gameplay goes, oh boy.

1 OF 2
>>
>>38665517
Most people would say that you need to "git gud", but I feel that this is an example of just bad game design. Bullets are spread everywhere with little to no space for you to move around and avoid them, typically you have to good knowledge of your character's hitbox to avoid them. That's another thing, the hitbox is so specific. Bullets can visibly touch your character's sprite but not kill you because the hitbox is so precise, yet the game never bothers to actually tell you this. Typically in battles, you'll have to watch your character as you squirm around the area to avoid bullets, but then you can't keep an eye on the enemy. To make matters even worse, there's some bullet patterns in the game that are physically impossible to avoid unless you stand in one exact spot. As if all that wasn't enough, the game isn't even well balanced. Sometimes a stage will be really hard with an easy boss and then an easy stage after, or sometimes the opposite. I've beaten the game before, and I've gotten to a point where I can get through with no continues, so I do agree that "gitting gud" helps, but even then, this...this is just plain bad design. If you like bullet hell games, this might be your cup of tea, but really I'd recommend something more forgiving and balanced like the DoDonPachi series.

2 OF 2
>>
>>38665517
>>>/v/
>>>/vg/
Origanloel
>>
>>38665558
would you prefer I make a thread about white men getting cucked?
>>
File: 100% accurate translation.png (974KB, 907x699px) Image search: [Google]
100% accurate translation.png
974KB, 907x699px
>>38665517
>>38665546
Git gud.

But in all seriousness, yes, Th6 is quite bad. Some patterns are completely random and sometimes make it literally impossible to dodge so you better practise your death-bombing.

>Bullets can visibly touch your character's sprite but not kill you
Every series onward has visible hitpoint. Even in Th6, it's possible to easily mod it to be visible.
>game never bothers to actually tell you this
That's part of the challenge, casualbabbies

Go play Th8 or 13 if you're such a scrub.
>>
2hoe6 is the worst 2hoe, except the Phantasmagorias (not really 2hoe), Highly Responsive to Prayers (bad game) and Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom (why would you ever play this)
>>
>>38665517
>Touhou 6 is commonly seen as the best of the Touhou franchise, ....
literally no one who actually gives a damn about the games has this opinion
>>
>>38665603
Yes please orginla
>>
File: 1a5d05dbf19acc3f371c952617aa210e.jpg (572KB, 693x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1a5d05dbf19acc3f371c952617aa210e.jpg
572KB, 693x1000px
the only reason people like touhou 6 are the SDMs and Cirno, who are actually entertaining characters.

Cirno in particular received a major renaissance in the forthcoming Hidden Star in Four Seasons as the personification of summer itself.
>>
>>38665727
Megamari and new super marisaland are 2 of the bests.
>>
>>38665766
why the fuck is cirno so popular? She has like 2 minutes of screentime and doesn't do anything interesting
>>
>>38665803
Old f and shit baka.
>>
File: 1490684214958.png (100KB, 300x234px) Image search: [Google]
1490684214958.png
100KB, 300x234px
>>38665803
>being this ignorant
original commento
>>
>>38665803
She has a spinoff game, an important role in a spinoff manga and I think she was in most games (bar Reimu/Marisa).
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.