[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My family is worth $25 million (US currency) Am I part of the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: yeaboi.jpg (65KB, 347x624px) Image search: [Google]
yeaboi.jpg
65KB, 347x624px
My family is worth $25 million (US currency)

Am I part of the global elite or am I not even close?
>>
Not based in the US btw. Based in UK.
>>
>>38665202
Rolexs are overpriced garbage and ugly as sin. A perfect example of the old saying that money can't buy taste
>>
Dunno about global, maybe regional or national

I think you would know if you're family was that powerful
>>
No, just because your family is somewhat wealthy, that doesn't mean that they are elite.

And just because you are part of that family doesn't mean that you are elite either.
>>
>>38665202
singer tier
>>
>>38665202
I've been privileged enough to meet with those types on a few occaisions. Gonna go ahead and say that, if you have to ask, the answer is most likely No. They're a different species, man. It's eerie. Dunno how else to put it.
>>
>>38665270
Well we have a few. Like 5 Rolex's, 2 Pateks, Some Cartiers. Rolexes and Patek's are one of the few watches which actually appreciate in value after their bought so they're sound investments if you're into watches.
>>
>>38665382
What were they like? Did they have drivers and butlers waiting on their every whim? How did they pick up their groceries? What did they do for fun?

I have to admit, I think there's a world of difference between someone who is worth GBP17 million and someone who is worth GBP117 million.
>>
>>38665471
The millions you're talking about are nothing. You may as well be in poverty when compared. The ones I met were playing with several hundred million just to build these huge projects on sites. Each was making something easily into the billions range. They even look different from normal people though. They're insanely beautiful. I guess all these generations of success breeding with trophy women made a bunch of supermen or something. Even have a weird energy about them. They don't "feel" like normal people. Their kids are also all brilliant and super creative. Their homes are filled with artwork that you would assume that they paid big money for but no. Their fucking little kids made it all.

Money is a big part of it but it's about more than money. There's some genetic fuckery going on.
>>
>>38665202
youre rich
globally elite is like in the billions
>>
>watches
I can't think of a tackier emblem of wealth. You look like a douche to everyone but your yacht club buddies.
>>
>>38665202
there's over a million multi millionaires. your family is barely worth shit, SHIT!
>>
>>38665283
>somewhat wealthy
25 mil is a lot more than somewhat wealthy though

>>38665202
I have an uncle who is the chairman of a healthcare company (boutique banker in mergers and acquisitions for any finance people who care ), he/ his family is around as wealthy as yours.

I wouldn't consider him part of any global elite honestly, however he likely rubs shoulders with those who are.

He's fundamentally just a normal dude with a shit ton of money. Has nice cars, nice house, throws nice parties. I feel like if he was global elite level he would... Act differently? I don't know.

In my opinion wealth alone, like my uncle's wealth, isn't enough if it isn't coupled with power, either political or through influence in some global organization. Power comes with protection and respect, drivers, guards, shit like that.

Another one of my more distant relatives was a C level employee for wells fargo in the past - his face was on the cover of a big magazine in the banking world once, he's at a level where he still has lunch with the current CEOs and board members and shit. By far the richest dude in my family, easily in the hundreds of millions (I would assume)

He's old as fuck now, but even him I wouldn't consider "global elite" - maybe he was in the past but isn't really anymore?

I don't really think it's about wealth as much as influence on government and other significant financial institutions. Someone who makes a lot less than my uncle could still be a lot more influential than he is through various ways.

Like obama for example - obama doesn't make nearly as much as your family does (I think)

But he is undeniably far more influential on the planet, undeniably in the global elite without even asking the question. If you don't have drivers, if you even have to ask if you are, then the answer is no.
>>
>>38665966
I'm not sure why you're using having drivers as a status symbol. Drivers are really cheap if you live in Asia, upper-middle class families have at least one.
>>
>>38666039
nobody who lives in Asia is part of the global elite
>>
>>38665202
>family
>worth
>US currency
>global elite
>>
>>38665202

Are you even aware of the implication of that? Being worth 25 million means that you are part of the 1%. if you aren't literally retarded, you will never have to work a single day in your life and still be able to have an upperclass lifestyle.
>>
>>38666062
Totally, must be why half of Vancouver, SF, and LA is fucking owned by them
>>
>>38666062
Where does the USA owe most of its debt to?
>>
>>38666062
LOL you obviously don't know how rich some chinks are. Its crazy.
>>
>>38665769
Which ultra rich people did you meet? Most of the ones I've seen were old and ugly. The women have plastic surgery up the wazoo and the kids are given tons of classes to be better than their peers.
>>
Lmao, lottery winners are richer than that.
>>
>>38666062
China, motherfucker.
>>
What kind of women do you date, OP? What are you doing on r9k?
>>
>>38666249
One was giving assistance in designing something having to do with global shipping logistics, the other was in the global resorts industry.
>>
File: makeupmagic.jpg (95KB, 640x534px) Image search: [Google]
makeupmagic.jpg
95KB, 640x534px
>>38666489
I really think it's their lifestyle that causes them to be different. Better grooming habits and tons of extracurricular classes for the kids make a big difference. What style of art did the kids make, by the way?
>>
>>38665202
nah your not, your rich but your not elite in any sense
>>
I hate being from a middle class family. I wish I had a couple of mil to mess around with and open businesses.
>>
File: aa.png (211KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
aa.png
211KB, 301x300px
>>38665202
>25million
>just barely enough to live the rest of your life in slightly-extravagant comfort, with a fair-sized (but not enormous) nest egg for your children, based in currency instead of concrete materials and businesses so it's entirely dependent on your chosen currency's strength in the future world market

If I had 25mil, I'd buy some coastline or perhaps an entire remote island (if I could find one for ridiculous cheap). Then buy a boat, maybe a nice 4wd, and invest enough to generate maybe 50k USD a year. Live /comfy/ for the rest of my life with my qt autismo girl, maybe adopt a few Aryan orphans to give at least a little bit back to the world.
>>
>>38666368
>date

Hah, good one.

I have extreme confidence issues. One minute im on top of the world and feel like a million bucks the next I'm wallowing in self doubt and apathy. I've gone through these stages my whole life. In the former I'd be acing exams and have Trump levels of public speaking in the latter I wouldn't even be able to do the simplest of tasks and routinely wonder why a fraud like me hasn't been found out yet.

It's levelled off of late but I think that's to do with me not putting myself in stressful situations. The most I do at the moment as it's summer is listen to Warhammer 40k audiobooks or go on long walks, headphones in, zoned out.
>>
>>38665202
How is life? How do you spend your free time and what do you do for fun?
>>
>>38667995

Here man >>38667748

I also like watching sports but its summer so nothings on except cricket.
>>
>>38668107
has your money ever helped you with getting girls? Even if you're a turbo autist it must still help some way.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.