[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw going to be starting college next year >I'll

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

>tfw going to be starting college next year
>I'll be 26

Has anyone else started college that late? What was it like?
>>
noone will care as long as you arent surrounded by compelete normalfags.

ive started at 30. let me give you some advice:

youve started late and ill assume the reason for that is that you fucked up somewhere down the line. thats fine. own your mistakes. at your age having a college degree wont be enough once you are done, you will also need working experience. choose your college wisely. find some place with a lot of industry around it so you can work part time and gather appropriate working experience. this is crucial. finishing your degree late is not a killer UNLESS youve got no working experience to show. thatll fuck you over. do everything you can while you study to fix that. id suggest talking with one of your professors at the start and see if you can get a position as a lab assistant or something. you wont be able to part time in companies unless youve got at least something to show, like two finished semesters. untill then find work at uni, after first semester try finding a tutoring position if you can. helps too. depending on your collage you might have the chance to contribute to projects such as formula student for example. use this chance. anything to pad out your resumee. dont worry too much about money just get experience and for gods sake. dont be close to finishing and not know what you want to do. figure out early what youd like and specialize.

lastly, try to socialize and build connections. dont go full retard but do that bit by bit. become more social over time.
>>
>>38662015

>Working experience

I will have worked for 6 years prior to me starting college next fall (2018). I dropped out of college in December of 2011 and want to go back.
>>
>>38662435
thats great assuming your working experience is relevant to the field of study. peddling burgers wont do you any good as an aspiring engineer. however, if you worked in the tech sector you need to keep up. if its humanities or something equally useless my advice might not apply. this is me speaking striktly from an engineers point of view. if youve also completed an apprenticeship prior to college you get bonus points.

so dont worry about your age, study, gather more work experience and in this case itll pay off big time.
>>
>started at 18
>dropped out at 20
>went back at 24
>got associates degree at 26
>no college until 39
>got BS degree at 40
>>
Make connections, get in cozy with as many people you can in your field

University is prime time for that
>>
>>38660563
Were you in the military? If so, there's usually a bunch of vets in the same situation, and a vet club.
>>
File: 1407533127926.jpg (88KB, 976x622px) Image search: [Google]
1407533127926.jpg
88KB, 976x622px
24 here. Thinking of going too. Although i can only get into a humanities based subjects so i don't know if it's worth it job wise. I really just want to get out of the minimum wage retail hell i'm currently in.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.