[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

oh my fucking god nihilism and existential trauma have just hit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20170716_085644_746.jpg (68KB, 320x302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170716_085644_746.jpg
68KB, 320x302px
oh my fucking god nihilism and existential trauma have just hit me like never before and i feel physically sick.
>>
>>38656061
nihilists who stay nihilists for more than a day are just low T cucks

>dawns on you that nothing matters
>become nihilist
>there is no point to life, so you might as well strive to get the most pleasure out of it as possible
>realize the best way to get pleasure is to work on something
>realize the best way to get motivated to work on something is to ditch nihilism
>>
Hello. Is this your first real existential crisis? Ride the wave and you'll manage it. You won't die tonight.
>>
>>38656103
>the best way to care is to stop not caring
i just don't think i understand. i suppose you're right in that if i was truly nihilist i wouldn't be feeling pain, id be feeling nothing. I'm just dreadful.

>>38656103
hi, the first of this intensity, but I'm highly familiar with feeling things like this and thinking about it, etc. i appreciate you saying that. i truly feel i can't be consoled or comforted in this way for the first time. goddamn does that hurt
>>
>>38656133
meant to reply to you in the second part of my post
>>
File: 1425353479583.jpg (29KB, 238x231px)
1425353479583.jpg
29KB, 238x231px
It will pass, and you will go back to doing the same old shit you do in no time.

Some recommendations:
>Don't force yourself to play videogames/watch TV/do whatever to "forget"
>The world may appear much bleaker than it is, this will be temporary
>You can attempt to google "how to deal with existential crisis" or start threads in the "intelligent" boards like /sci/ or /lit/ about it. This can make you feel immensely better or absolutely worse, depending on what you find and how the thread fares.
>Once you learn to roll with it, everything will be more peaceful. There is no clear way to just "roll with it", but you will know when it happens
>Find an "anchor", something you enjoy doing, maybe something that will give you a goal and a purpose, as well as a means to expunge your bad feefees
>You will begin thinking about death at every waking moment, don't worry, this is also temporary
>When you get overwhelmed with emotion, don't fight it, just cry it out
>Don't tell your friends or family about it, either they will not get it, or they will get spooked
>Instead, tell us, a bunch of jaded people who more or less get you and have been trough similar things, don't be shy on the details, write paragraph after paragraph on it
>Live your life the same as "before", and soon you won't notice the difference
>You may feel that your life has taken a turn for the worse and that it is irreversible damage, but that's not the case
>Sometimes, reading books/listening to music that touches on these topics may help in facing your "fears", or may have a purifying effect

Good luck with baby's first existential crisis, anon.
You'll get over it.
>>
Last night I smoked some weed but then I started thinking about myself. I realized how wimpy, submissive, pathetic, autistic/spergy, lazy and lonely I am. The loniless hit me really hard to the point that I physically felt how devoid of physical affection that I've started hugging a pillow when I'm on my bed. It was probably the first time in my life where I've genuinely considered suicide.
>>
>>38656212
thank you for the list. i don't know what it is about this time. you're right, if all feels incredibly bleak. everything I've ever felt got multiplied by 300. I'm sitting here crying because of my own negative thoughts, they've never made me cry except for when i had a major anxiety problem non-pertinent to this. Jesus Christ. my chest hurts.

>>38656239
I'm sorry anon. ride this with me?
>>
File: 1440627451549.jpg (611KB, 1771x1482px)
1440627451549.jpg
611KB, 1771x1482px
>>38656298
It's ok anon, it's ok.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdHTnpgpLDc
Tomorrow will be a new day.
>>
>>38656359
thank you. i hope so everyday.
>>
>>38656298
Sure anon. Hope everything goes well with your crises.
>>
>>38656133
This is me

General tip for OP/anyone experiencing existential anguish: Write. Be creative. Put your thoughts and emotions out in front of you, even if it means just screaming at a wall for 20 mins (<- actually not a bad idea). When you learn to see the fear and pain for what it is, it should be ever so slightly easier to accept. Atleast it was for me.
>>
File: 1395290141522.png (757KB, 1010x890px)
1395290141522.png
757KB, 1010x890px
>>38656061
>>38656239
I don't envy you, when it hits fucking oof especially alongside weed. Here's something surface level cute and uplifting if you're into that. Stay strong
>>
Dealt with a existential crisis recently, with added hallucinations
>Feeling horrible one day, won't explain why
>I sit down, and look into my Self for about 20 minutes
>then something speaks in my head
>I speak with it back, and it explains in pure detail a majority of my failures and the causes of them
>It said near the end that I would never attain a high level of thinking, and that my creations are of failure
>I ask for it's name, I won't repeat it
>Once the name is said, my mind shatters. Flashes of images in my life overlap on one another, and screaming is happening over and over again
>I wake up the next day, and I was a husk
>I spend the next two weeks after that staring at the ceiling, getting food/water, then using the internet, in which i didn't react to anything on it
After the two weeks, i sorta became myself, but I haven't been the same (sorry for the blog post)
>>
>>38656843
tell me the name.
>>
File: 1500840005647.png (646KB, 600x578px)
1500840005647.png
646KB, 600x578px
>>38656897
No, anon.
Orgogo
>>
>>38656061
Remember you are just a moist robot.
Robots are programmable.
Eat a big plate of carbs. pasta is great for this. I promise your feel better.
It's amazing when your realize you can change your own brains chemistry just by eating.
>>
Bump
Oreganoeo11
>>
File: 1499388656124.jpg (85KB, 1387x702px)
1499388656124.jpg
85KB, 1387x702px
>>38656061
Since you're alive the best thing you can do is try to achieve contentness and fulfillment. You might think that's impossible, because "nothing ultimately matters", but that's a cuck mentality.
When you say that things are meaningless because everything will ultimately disappear without a trace, and there's no objective right or wrong, you're essentially saying that things don't matter, because there isn't an infallible authority that would put value into things and would tell you if a certain thing is valuable or not. You're succumbing to the idea that your emotions, experiences and ambitions are meaningless, because they don't make a difference from the perspective of a hypothetical completely impartial and objective observer. But there's a subjective observer within you, and you can't ever become the impartial objective observer, because you can't escape the feeling of dread and despair that comes with viewing things from its perspective.
Don't submit to the values of this non existent observer that labels everything you see value in meaningless. You have your own subjective consciousness, and the only mission that consciousness has in life is to feel fulfilled. You have to find your own way to be fulfilled, but there are already things you find more interesting than others, and things you feel are more valuable than others, so you should try to pursue those things.
I know you have this thing in the back of your head that says your intuitions are false, and there's ultimately no meaningful difference between let's say the mona lisa and a cup of coffee, because both are made of atoms and will not exist in a billion years, but try to listen to your impulses and feelings, which correctly identify things as different in value and meaning.
You can also look at things from the perspective of entropy. For example there are billions of possible atomic combinations that could be called a cup of coffee, but there's only one that can be called the mona lisa.
>>
>>38656061
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14 dunno how it'll help you but it's relevant
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.