[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /r9k/, this is a review of Yume Nikki. This game is a very

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: madotsuki.jpg (596KB, 750x549px) Image search: [Google]
madotsuki.jpg
596KB, 750x549px
Hi /r9k/, this is a review of Yume Nikki.

This game is a very odd "walking simulator" made in RPG Maker, despite not having any RPG elements. It's even impossible to die. The objective of the game is to guide Madotsuki through her dreams and collect 24 elements, objects that give her abilities. Some of the effects however do absolutely nothing but provide a cosmetic change. There isn't any more story and the gameplay itself is very barebones, you just walk and interact with some objects. Sometimes you might have to use an effect to access a pathway. Overall, this game isn't bad, and its strong suit comes in its exploration. There are a lot of things to see and a lot of events to activate via exploration. None of which are necessary for completion of the game. Unfortunately, Yume Nikki's level design is a crime. Most areas are just scrolling backgrounds with objects scattered about the ground. This gets tiring and considering that the game is so exploration-based, it really hurts the game. The best and most memorable areas in the game are the ones that are fleshed out and fully designed. Especially considering that the game is supposed to be about exploring dreams. Personally, most of my dreams explore areas I'm familiar with, not random barren areas with floating images in the background. In all, it's a decent game, but I'd heavily recommend the fan sequel, Yume 2kki, as it has more fleshed out level design, truly making it much more fun and entertaining to explore the locations.
>>
There's an official manga, but it involves an alien invasion turning the Japanese population into aliens.
>>
Review one of your reviews next
>>
UBOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
how the FUCK is this still not original?
>>
File: whiteroom.png (11KB, 545x360px) Image search: [Google]
whiteroom.png
11KB, 545x360px
.flow is my favorite yume nikki clone, all the edge you barely got before but with something resembling a story to pick up and much more forgiving level design though the true ending puzzle is still about as obnoxious.
>>
>>38654624
What is the context of the vomiting girl with the red shit reaction image?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.