[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /r9k/, this is a review of the anime "Himouto! Umaru-chan".

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: the anime will die.jpg (233KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
the anime will die.jpg
233KB, 1024x1024px
Hi /r9k/, this is a review of the anime "Himouto! Umaru-chan".

Umaru-chan is a slice of life anime that gained notoriety on 4chan for it's main protagonist and childish premise. I'll say it now, this anime is not good. The anime focuses on Doma Umaru, a mary sue character who literally does everything perfectly and has everyone love her. The catch is that she's secretly a "big loser", playing video games and reading manga when she's home from school. Immediately, this is when the problem sets in Things would be far more entertaining if she wasn't a mary sue, that single aspect heavily ruins the series. Not to even mention that her childish side is just selfish and annoying. Three other female characters make major appearances in the series, but none are noteworthy. I'll sum all three up for you: one is the rival to Umaru, one is gay for Umaru, and one is supposed to be the opposite of Umaru. The last one is the only one somewhat interesting, but her character is quickly ruined as the story continues to push the same tropes with her. Constantly doing junk like "uguu I'm so nervous" or "ahhh i'm bad at this!". It just begins to get tiring. Ironically, the character with the least focus is this anime's only saving grace, Doma Taihei, Umaru's older brother. Taihei is a wageslave that is forced to take his sister in with him. Taihei is in short, a pathetic beta with no hope for a future. He is the only character worth watching and the only one that seems to bring any sense of realism to this "slice of life" anime. Unfortunately, Taihei is only ever treated as a footstool to Umaru's childish nonsense. If you're looking for an anime about a teen girl's life, I'd recommend anything else, because Umaru is not at all worth it.
>>
boa...you really think im finna read all dis shit...
>>
>>38654041
just read the last sentence, it sums it all up
>>
Well then, I'm glad I didn't waste my time on it back then when it was the craze and all the memers posted that bitch.

Another Slice of Life that many people watched and I felt it was a terrible waste of time was Nichijou. Yeah, I know it's popular but even for a slice of life it felt like too much going nowhere. Too much pun humor and etc. Very overrated.
>>
>>38654041
>finna
I'm surprised you can read at all.
>>
umaru felt like having a fever dream about an unfunny parody of lain made by someone who doesn't actually watch anime, left me feeling quite queasy i tell you what
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.