[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw want to be a parent and have kids with a wife I love

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>tfw want to be a parent and have kids with a wife I love
>tfw terrified I'll be just as abusive as my father was to me and my mom

It's a scientific fact that abused children are more likely to become abused parents.

Why won't nature leave me be?
>>
PLEASE become the next DaddyOfFive
I miss him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwdWgAMYcqk
>>
>>38636690
Wrong video, I'm sorry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmn6u7FQn-A
>>
>>38636705

Right, uh, my dad was more of the "Drink too much and hit things when upset" kind of abusive, not a prankster...
>>
Got me right in the feels anon. I struggle with this as well. Except my parents are crazy lesbians.
>>
>>38636669
You act like you're forced to continue the cycle of abuse and violence. You have a choice to not repeat it, you know. If your father psychically abused you, then you're under no obligation to beat your children in turn.
>>
>>38636782

The vast majority of abusive parents don't "choose" to be abusive. They don't think, "Hey, I'm gonna beat my kid even though I could use my words instead to get my point across"

Abuse is most often done in the heat of the moment and is often done by people who say "I'd never abuse my kid" and honestly believe what they're saying
>>
>>38636782
But there is a natural tendency reinforced by the nurturing of the abusive parent.
>>
>>38636669
Please see a therapist before reproducing
>>
File: 1465546862593.jpg (193KB, 602x620px) Image search: [Google]
1465546862593.jpg
193KB, 602x620px
I barely ever see my daughter because she's with a foster family, and I've still come close to emotionally abusing her before catching myself. I can't seem to deprogram myself of that, even after all these years. It's probably for the best that she's with people who can give her a more normal life.
>>
>>38636669
People aren't statistics
My dad was distant, my mother an abusive alcoholic.
My wife's father was an abusive alcoholic, her mother a controlled co-enabler.
It is work, but we are good parents
>>
>>38636669
I have heard the same thing, but I feel like I would be a much better father than my father was.
I'm a very different person to him.

I doubt I'll ever have kids, but I think I'd be a good father.
>>
>>38636822
>People aren't statistics

Certainly, but there's a reason the statistics say the things they do
>>
>>38636897

You never really know what kind of parent you'll be until you actually have kids.

Being on call 24/7 for at least 18 years has a massive effect on people's personalities and mental states.
>>
>>38637035
Yeah, you are right.
I try not to think about it too much anyway.
>>
>>38636820

Well, at least you recognize the problem and actively prevent yourself from furthering it anymore.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.