[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>SSRIs remove self loathing and feeling like crap nearly constantly

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: 1471837204474.png (671KB, 957x874px) Image search: [Google]
1471837204474.png
671KB, 957x874px
>SSRIs remove self loathing and feeling like crap nearly constantly
>still not happy at all
>>
>>38635987
They are just a bandaid to assist in the healing they aren't a cure all.
>Another person on meds
>>
>>38636190
Well what if you're depressed for non situational reasons?
>>
>>38635987
before you know it they will also remove your capacity to love, and you will kill your whole family. That's what SSRIs do. They're designed for white genocide
>>
why don't you look at what you're doing with your life instead? I know coming to 4chan probably does not make you happy
>>
>>38635987
Antidepressants affect all of your emotions. Antipsychotics also have the same effect except they are a thousand times worse than antidepressants.
>>
>>38636225
What do you mean by depressed?
How would you describe your problem?
>>
>>38635987
Happiness is not a default state for anybody. Non-miserable is the best default state there is, so if youre non-miserable, youre lucky. Happiness requires effort.
>>
>>38636706
Miserable, self-loathing, feeling like crying often, never, ever happy.

>>38636722
But I do put in effort
>>
>>38637243
Why shouldn't you feel miserable and unhappy?
Perhaps it's your brain and body's way telling you something in your life needs change.
Depression is a meme in almost every case. It's the magic word that gets said when people have problems that cause them to get sad so they're given pills that do more harm than good.
>>
>>38637337
I can't think of any external problems that could cause it. I've tried a lot of different things.
>>
>>38637337
How are SSRIs harmful though?
>>
>>38637351
Considering where are you are right now I can think of at least one
>>
There are different types of depression with different causes. If yours is from not enough serotonin in the synapses because of bad brain chemistry then an SSRI will fix you.
>>
>>38637464
What are you referring to? I'm not your average failed normalfag so I don't care about M-MUH VIRGINITY at all.
>>
>What's the deal with SSRIs?
They increase your serotonin, making you feel done, completed and over. Doctors don't understand that normal mental health is caused by a gradient of neurotransmitters;

1: See food, release dopamine,
2: As the food is brought to the mouth, the body lowers dopamine to make to desperate to get into your mouth,
3: The food touches your tongue, and causes your GI tract from your mouth to your anus to release serotonin,
4: The serotonin causes the intestines to contract, making you poop and leaving room for the food you just ate,
5: The serotonin shuts down neurological activity throughout the body.

SSRI's prevent your body from getting rid of serotonin, and essentially prolong the 'pleasure refractory period.' It slows you down, and makes you feel fat and happy while everyone else seems cool.

Some people can benefit from SSRI's, but people with drive and ambition are ruined by them.
>>
>>38637482
I meant just being on /r9k/ and 4chan in general. This place is not good for anyone's mental state. Have you tried leaving for extended periods?
>>
Don't fuck up your brain chemistry, just don't.

I fucked with Tramadol for a while which has weak SSRI effects and all of a sudden got horrible panic attacks/anxiety etc.

It took like 20 days to feel normal again.

Whole Foods and Exercise are what you need.
>>
>>38637380
They ruin your serotonin receptors. If taking them isn't bad enough, withdrawal makes you psychotic. Stay the fuck away from every fucking pill they try to give you. You don't need to alter the chemicals in your brain.

A thousand generations of people didn't need SSRI to be happy and we don't either.
>>
>>38637546
I should stop browsing, but fetish threads keep me returning.

I've stopped browsing other boards for extended periods of time, and browsed this board less. But I don't think that will help me because I was depressed before I returned to /r9k/ post-deletion in 2015, not having browsed it since it was deleted.

>>38637548
I cook for myself often and exercise has not helped.
>>
>>38637546
>This place is not good for anyone's mental state.

End this shit meme. 4chan is no better for your mental state than youtube or facebook is. It's just another social media platform. The ideas here aren't that toxic. In fact it's pretty tame here nowdays.
>>
you guys ever try NDRIs? like wellbutrin?

i used to take adderall but after a while the recoil just became too much and it made me super depressed. its been 3-4 weeks since i took it and i feel so lethargic and unmotivated, sleep 16 hours a day, etc

i feel like an NDRI like wellbutrin/buproprion would help jolt me awake and do the tasks i need to do while not making me overly "stimmed" like adderall would
>>
>you can either be a zombie who can't even bring themselves to get out of bed or a miserable sadsack who can't even bring themselves to get out of bed

You can't fucking win.
>>
>>38637635
I'm not even a "zombie"--I'm fortunate enough to have not experienced it. I'm much better on SSRIs than I was before I started months ago--all I'm saying is that I'm still not happy.
>>
>>38637599
>The ideas here aren't that toxic.
If you honestly believe that you can browse /pol/ all day and not become even a bit more racist, or browse /r9k/ all day and not become a tiny bit autistic, you're kidding yourself.
>>
File: 1496639449222.jpg (153KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496639449222.jpg
153KB, 1280x960px
>>38637599
I think they're bad in opposite ways. /r9k/'s crabs in a bucket mentality is at least straightforward about pointing out your flaws and shortcomings. On the other hand, places like facebook and instagram can be used as a metric to measure your worth against your peers. Neither is great for self-esteem
>>
File: hidethepain.png (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hidethepain.png
134KB, 1920x1080px
Do a little more of exercise and meditation and a little less of drugging yourself. Good habits like eating well (learn to cook!) and cleaning your house will go a long way to help you.

My almost-daily workout takes me 30 minutes at most and makes me feel like a completely different person, so does keeping my mind busy with preparing my meals, any reading I like to do and any other good habit that requires you a minimum of attention.

Keep your mind busy. Despair often comes from boredom.
>>
>>38637967
I either do or have already done most of this, anon, it hasn't really helped.
>>
>>38635987
Antidepressants are not happy pills like everyone memes them to be. They treat depression, which means they'll make you not want to an hero or lie in bed for days unable to find the energy to move.
What they don't do is make you happy. There are drugs that make you happy, euphoriants like amphetamines or opioids will make you happy with no effort, but they are extremely addictive for exactly that reason and once you get addicted, you are miserable again.
Don't expect a magical pill, like anything worthwhile, happiness takes effort on your part.
>>
Life is fucking depressing, just accept it. Someone in this thread right now might have cancer and someone's dad might die next week.

Depressionfags are the worst, keep taking those pills but ask yourself why every once in a while.
>>
File: hidethepain2.png (134KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hidethepain2.png
134KB, 1920x1080px
>>38637987
Then your attitude is shit and you will die unhappy.
>>
>>38637987
This, I work out like a good boy 7x a week. Some type of cardio for 1-2 hours daily, and add in lifting 4 times a week. I still feel like a depressed piece of shit. I've been doing this for a long time too, like years.

I'm at my wits end and I think SSRIs might be able to help me combined with this exercising routine. Or god I hope so anyway. But yeah my point is exercise doesn't help some people.
>>
File: 1484960625390.jpg (49KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484960625390.jpg
49KB, 720x960px
>>38635987
>SSRIs even working
All they did was lower my testosterone and make me even more depressed
>>
>>38638294
I know that feel. Dont forget them making you hot and sweaty as fuck for no reason (fuckin hated prozac)
>>
File: 1471333304846.png (340KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1471333304846.png
340KB, 550x550px
>>38638294
This. They're a placebo, if they "work" for you, sorry, you're a brainlet.
>>
just how it affects you

just 20mg of prozac made me giddy and manic

20mg of viibryd made me stoic as a monk and gave me INSANELY vivid, trip-like dreams

just 10mg of zoloft completely killed my social anxiety, but also made me emotionally flat AS FUCK

sounds like you need to try something different, is all...all you can do is keep chasing happiness, just like everyone and everything else you are chasing that dragon
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.