[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest with yourself for a moment. How often do you misrepresent

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: cute teddy.png (16KB, 161x60px) Image search: [Google]
cute teddy.png
16KB, 161x60px
Be honest with yourself for a moment.

How often do you misrepresent your life on here? How often you do tweak or leave out parts of a story to make your post more victim-mentality friendly? How often do you argue a point as if the truth of it is obvious despite not even really being that sure about it yourself? Have you ever lied about how good or bad your life is?

Do you think r9k is a reliable place for discovering reality? Or is this an echo-chamber of lies and distortions?

This is a philosophical question, not trying to bully.
>>
>>38630703
I mainly only come here to feel better about my own life by reading other people's failures. Also I like to brag about my life to strangers on the internet because I have no friends, but even still my life is still way better than most of the people on this board.
>>
>>38630703
I think it's kind of natural to remember negative stuff more vividly than the positive, and when we only experience those things and keep them in our memory, it sort of eats away at one's psyche, causing us only to expect those events to "protect" us.
On top of that, this board in general tends to have self-esteem and confidence problems. I firmly believe most everyone here could improve their lives substantially if they gave it another shot, and got the help they needed.

The problems come with how asking for help is kind of looked down on. If you look for help as an "adult" then people tend to treat you with disdain, not remembering they themselves have had to fail and get help a few times with something before succeeding.

If people stopped putting so much stock into the memes we regurgitate on this site, and stopped parading a NEET lifestyle as one of comfort, you'd see people's attitudes on this site skyrocket.
>>
I believe that the vast majority of posts here are merely semi normal people pretending to have an awful life.
>>
I usually stay genuine with my posts, although sometimes I'll post some bait or tweak a few things in case anyone I know is reading.
>>
>>38630829
Are you one of them, Norman?
I'm a real bottom dweller, and I can sometimes hear the legitimacy in a post/post-chain. You're right that we're a minority, though.
>>
>>38630829
that only applies at the younger folk. being a NEET as a full grown adult is not normal, and your life is most likely shit.
>>
>>38630703
50/50. Sometimes I'm honest. Sometimes I use parts of my life and turn them into half-truths. Other times I just act like a sperg and yell at "normies"
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
>tfw actually leave shit out to make it seem not as bad so people can relate more
>>
One time in middle school a girl I didn't know randomly hugged me and that was the most contact I've had with a girl in my 22 years of living.
>>
>>38630820
I wouldn't even know where to start getting help
I haven't left my house in 5 years
>>
>>38630703
Fuck you this shit is (mostly) real and this is the only place on Earth I can have candid conversations about loneliness and mental illness. Jk love you man.
>>
Ok I'll be honest when I first discovered this place I thought the anonymity created an amazing opportunity to discover what people really think and what they are really struggling with in their lives.

I used to post sincerely about my problems and times out of 10 the thread would instantly die. It took me a while to realize that most people here are just endlessly reposting memes and pasta over and over again for no discernible purpose.
>>
I typically keep my posts as real as possible. If people want to call me a faggot or whatever I've heard it for years and it's lost all effect on me. This site is (for the most part) anonymous, and that is sort if the downfall of it because you can blatantly lie. I'd geuss about 5-8% people are legitimately LARPing and about 40% strech truth or white lie frequently.
>>
File: 1490716810091.jpg (65KB, 526x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490716810091.jpg
65KB, 526x400px
>>38630703
99% of the stuff I say is lies
>>
>>38630703
I skirt the edge of the truth constantly whenever I post because I'm paranoid about someone recognizing me, especially after having made friends through this shitheap of a site over the years.
>>
>>38630703
When I'm not posting with this tripcode? Actually, not as often as I thought at first. I'm pretty honest. I did actually go 90 days without jerking off. I'm on a 2 week jerk off streak though, it fucking sucks, I'm trying to get back on track but it's hard (hehe).

However, I think everyone, including myself, is guilty of making their lives seem either better or worse than it actually is depending on the situation. ESPECIALLY wagies/NEETs.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.