[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you guys pick up an instrument? I've been

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: uke_pepe.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
uke_pepe.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
Why don't you guys pick up an instrument? I've been playing guitar for almost 7 years now and it really helps when the depressing kicks in. Plus my parents don't think I'm a total waste of space and enjoy it as well.
>>
I do. Currently working on a song. I'm kinda tired, tho. Been working on it for two days straight. I'll probably finish it tomorrow then polish through the week.

It's the only thing that makes me feel like I'm not totally fucking useless at everything.
>>
>>38629401
I can't do it. I tried playing guitar. I'm not capable of having my fingers on each hand different things at once. I just get confused and lose track of what my fingers are doing.
>>
In the process of learning what's some easy songs to learn for a beginner?
>>
>>38629401
>It's the only thing that makes me feel like I'm not totally fucking useless at everything.
Same dude
>>
>>38629475
Guitar is painfully slow at first, if you practice songs only 20 minutes a day for a year you'll be decent. Also you could always try open tuning where you only need one or two fingers to play chords. and if you don't have a capo buy one they are as essential as strings imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myk6lbq4X10

>>38629500
>>
>>38629401
I want to pick up the trumpet again but i live apartments so I won't be able to play cause it would be too much noise
>>
>>38629401
I'm going to learn to play the piano this winter
>>
>>38629675
Why not now? o
>>
I'm so bad at singing and playing. I have the guitar parts down but once I start singing it all goes to shit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MO_Xxq3LVw

What are you guys working on?
>>
I figure I'd never end up in a band or actually playing in front of anybody if I could, so the effort would be wasted
>>
File: fCzdkFT_d.jpg (60KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fCzdkFT_d.jpg
60KB, 640x480px
i play saxophone but i have the world's largest inferiority complex and don't want to disturb my neighbors so i never play it
>>
>>38629401
I tried but got bored and gave up
>>
i play the most impractical instrument to have in an apartment don't be a drummer
>>
Music isn't interesting.
>>
I started picking up my guitar to shred again but after a few weeks my left ring finger started to hurt suddenly with a very sharp pain towards the tip of the finger bone that made gripping and sliding on the fret board unbearable so I had to stop for more than a week or so but the pain persisted.
>>
>>38629401
I do, I play double bass.
>>
just how hard is it to learn to play the violin? it's the only instrument that can bring out my emotions the best and that's what I want
>>
>>38631703
It's harder than getting laid.
>>
>>38631713
I can take a hint

what about drums? I like beats
>>
>>38631763
Drums aren't as hard as violin but you need to be able to keep rhythm and have both arms and a foot doing different things at the same time.
>>
>>38629401
>tfw been a musician for half my life
>tfw people don't even listen anymore, it's just a thing i do and nobody cares
>>
I work a lot so all I want to do when I'm not working is watch cute animes and shitpost on my favorite containment board
>>
File: IMG_0866.jpg (142KB, 530x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0866.jpg
142KB, 530x501px
Basserer here. I've been playing bass for almost a decade, but last year I picked up guitar to play in this dorky prog band. Recently, I've been learning Yes and Tosin Abasi riffs to ensure that I don't suck. Anhedonia is a fucking bitch though, I can't seem to bring myself to play outside of a band setting unless there's at least SOME sort of drug in me, no matter how benign (caffeine, kratom etc)
>>
Can pretty much play any kind of drum and i also sing a little mostly when im alone, and yeah it actually helps when you're depressed to play some music
>>
I play guitar like 30 min to an hour everyday and I think is the only thing that keeps me from suicidal thoughts honestly
>>
File: 1498752145668s.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1498752145668s.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>38629401
I started playing acoustic guitar when i was 9. I became really good but when I got older i didnt feel comfortable with people listening in on me practicing. That became worse so I stopped playing when anyone was around. There was and is almost always someone in earshot so I have barely touched my guitar in 10 years. Sometimes I play really, really quiet but you can't play like that properly.

>tfw i was 11 and my guitar teacher said i had some real talent and could play some pretty complex pieces
>tfw i'm 22 now but on the same level i was at when i was 9.
>>
>>38629401

because i did pick up guitar over 10 years ago but i was only interested in cool sounding metal but i only ever had an acoustic so my skill set ended up being very odd as in i'm an actual god at alternate picking up and down scales and all sorts of palm-muting chugathon tricks but can't even play a single song
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.