[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It finally happened. My mother gave me "the talk" and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: 1495324321801.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1495324321801.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
It finally happened. My mother gave me "the talk" and basically said I need to get my shit together. I exploded and told her all about my issues, my feelings, how I'm so unhappy, etc. but the closest thing to a piece of advice she could give me was basically "you just have to get out and put yourself out there." She said that, as much as it pains her, she's seriously considering kicking me out if I don't put my act together quickly, because she believes that it will be good for me. I guess I will give it at last try, and hope for the best even though I'm not precisely hopeful. If I can't make it this time, I guess I'll have no option but to kill mysef. I know that's selfish and that it would cause my parents a lot of pain, but I'm in pain as well, and I don't know how much longer I'll be able to put up with it. Definitely not long if on top of that I become homeless.
>>
>>38628119
i just got an apartment today after living in my car for two months. You can do it op, and having a place for yourself is far comfier anyways
>>
>>38628312
Good for you, anon!
Must have been rough.
>>
>>38628119
Keep in mind your mom has no idea what to do or say. All she can do is try.

I dunno your issues or if you can afford therapy.
>>
You need to show your mum your making an effort to improve yourself.
Make schedules, job/education, clean your looks up etc.
She won't be heartless if she sees you make a sincere effort to improve.
>>
>>38628312
I was living in a van with my family for roughly seven months. I am surprised haven't killed myself yet.
>>
>>38628119
I don't think kicking you out will do any good long-term: homelessness isn't a "learning experience", it's fucking dangerous, drug-filled, and stressful.

Tell her you'll make progress and show it to her as you do. A compromise. Maybe dedicate a few hours a day to whatever you need to do and build up the dedication over time.
>>
>>38628370
OP might be able to get on medicaid.
>>
>you just gotta put yourself out there
I hate this meme with a passion. Do normalfags assume we never try?
>>
clean yourself up and try and put yourself in position to get a job. You can do it Anon
>>
She gave you bad advice, if she was a good mother she would've sucked u and took your virginity.
>>
Ex-robot turned normie - she's sort of right. The only way to confront problems is to attack them head on, you can only plan and think about the what ifs so much. Start with small things and work your way up. You can do it OP
>>
>>38628312
Congrats man, but I'm curious just how the fuck do you even manage that? Where do you park your car if you wanna sleep? I would assume most places will kick ya out after a day or two, are you just always on the move?
>>
>>38628119
Reminder that every mom is a normie and as such can't comprehend the abyss we live in.
>>
>>38628312
OP here
I don't have a car and I can't drive (my parents can't be bothered to teach me/won't let me use their cars for learning/won't pay lessons). So I won't even have that if I get kicked out. Sucks because a lot of jobs require you to be able to drive.
>>38628397
I just don't know how to do any of that. I have been looking for a job, but other than that I don't know what else I could do.
>>38628426
I told her something like that but her answer was "once you're in that position, I can assure you you'll find a way out because you won't have any choice."
>>38628447
Already tried. Couldn't.
>>
>>38628119
She's a retard.
Ask her what she actually wants. Like quantifiable things.
You're as bad as her because you didn't offer to negociate in real terms.

Does she expect you to meet women? Get a job? How quickly?
She's a well wishing idiot sure but you're as bad for your outright refusal desu.
>>
>>38629004
Teaching your kid how to drive is a basic parenting responsibility (in America) so I don't know what is wrong with your parents.

It's definitely not your total fault that you're in this mess at least.
>>
>>38629117
She wants me to get a job, meet people, get a gf, etc. You know, all the things you're supposed to do.
>>38629138
Mom tried to teach me once but it went wrong because she "gets too nervous." I only drived for a block and a half. Dad has said he's going to teach me dozens of times but never did. Everytime I asked him he was too tired or too busy and said something like "next weekend"
>>
>>38628119
It's funny.These bitches gives us birth and then expect us to do well with our shitty genetics that we got from our parents.what a fucking joke.Women have it so easy that even if they have down syndrome they can still get a normal human being.fuck this world.
>>
>>38629463
All that is she fucking serious??
Offer to do one and then work on it. Baby steps.
Jobs the easiest of the three because it's the least luck based. Opens up the other two.

If you can't drive just get a crappy motor scooter and sell it when you can afford lessons and a car.

The best robot jobs are shitcurity so ask around at construction yards. Often they employ people to watch the place at night and it's free money for antisocial retards like ourselves. Find the guy letting people in and ask for his bosses number. They hire a lot because it's a high turnover job and it takes almost no training.
>>
>>38629507
Your parents were normies and passed on to you normie genes. It's 100% your fault and not genetics.

Your ancestors have managed to survive and reproduce for hundreds of thousands of years, you're the first failure in a huge bloodline of normies.
>>
Just kill yourself faggot, it will all be over
>>
>>38628119
Why not just reason with her that you'll get a job and put alittle forward for bills? You could try a temp service. They'll hire just about anyone regardless of experience and send you out to a factory or warehouse. Many people meme about labor jobs but most if them are robot-tier and some like forktruck driver are pretty comfy. If the warehouse/factory likes you they may offer you a permanent job. If you dont like the company they send you to you could just wait it out and then theyll send you to another.
Just make sure its a reputable temp service agency. Those ones tend to get jobs/contracts from better companies and won't nickel and dime you over bullshit.
>>
>parents bring you into this world, cursing you with existence and sentience
>don't look after you

Is this American culture?
>>
I'll echo some of the sentiments of this thread: your dumb whore mother doesn't have enough neurons to synapse in that waste of real estate she calls a skull to entertain a hypothetical where the world doesn't cater and coddle to her every whim, whether practically and tangibly in the form of a man providing for her in some capacity or society in general or the apparatus of the state in particular sheltering her in more intangible ways.

She thinks if she kicks you out of the house what would happen to her would happen to you. Billy Beta would put her up, no charge, as long as she needed, until she could find some easy waitressing or retail gig which would promote her eventually until some nebulous, ill-defined goalpost of "having it together" magically happened.
>>
>>38629771
not OP but labor worker
it really is the robot job just make sure you work odd hours like night shifts or weekends then you will have to deal with significantly less people
I work at a book publisher and most of the stuff we do is incredibly simple although it requires some dexterity

If you're a complete autist then don't worry some people will try talking to you but will give up if you don't continue the conversation it's fine honestly OP go for it
>>
>>38629004
Commit crime, get yourself three hots and a cot. You can ask for expedited court trial. Don't be an ass to police and they won't beat you up.
>>
>>38628119
I wish my parents had kicked me out. I would more likely than not be dead already, sparing me the slow-decline death I'm almost certainly going to experience before I kill myself.
>>
>>38629981
>night shift and weekends
This. Started out at some factory putting plastic cups into boxs, and then the boxes onto skids for $12.50/hour. During the night shift I only had to deal with maybe 5-10 other people in my area and most of them were old ladies. The manager would just fuck off to his office so it was pretty lax. Was making enough to put a small amount towards bills to keep my dad from kicking me out, enough to save for a car and small apartment later on, and still enough for vidya. My mom would even brag that I was her "hard-working factory man" and her "blue collar boy". Faggy I know, but it felt good at the time. Actually felt a little less like a loser.
>>
>>38628119
kill yourself

that will show that fucking cunt
>>
>>38628312
>having to spend 9 hours a day working is comfy

no
>>
>>38629004
honestly, getting in shape if you haven't will make it look like you're getting your shit together, which could help (both with parents & employment). Fixing your sleep schedule if it's fucked will do the same

>>38629138
seconding the others, aim for work first. Work can at least give acquaintances you can claim as friends, since you'll deal with the same bullshit together. Claiming you're working on independence before trying to meet girls can at least stall the gf questions

all of this may be hollow advice depending on your situation, but it's what I've been doing and it seems to be going OK so far.

If you can find steady work and don't care to move out, but they keep complaining, offering to pay rent could be an option to keep in your back pocket. They might let you stay for unreasonably cheap, and you gain the "fuck you, I paid rent" response
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.