[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the benefits of overhauling your physical appearance

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 17246127836401928344.jpg (8KB, 332x152px) Image search: [Google]
17246127836401928344.jpg
8KB, 332x152px
What are the benefits of overhauling your physical appearance other than being more attractive to the opposite sex? I'm in the middle of a process of self-improvement and making progress, but I will probably still be khv for years to come because I'm autistic and socially anxious. Any robots make a complete 180 in terms of looks and grooming and reaped any benefits from doing so?
>>
>>38626515
bodybuilding was perhaps the single, most life transforming event i have ever undertaken. It has fundamentally changed me, and not always for the better.

im more critical of myself, and of others. im more obsessive and single minded. Also, another unexpected consequence, was the bigger i got, the more excluded i was from society.

I get treated like a criminal in certain shops, people stare at me out the corner of their eyes, or more direct people will take a picture with me. it can be very difficult to go about my day when i just want to hide away.

Also i cant get a job, at least not in an office. One ex military guy said i should do bodyguard work. i am tempted, its decent money, but dangerous, and difficult to get into without military experience.

All in all, i would recommend it, but let it be known you cannot be thin skinned. The number of people that tell me bodybuilding is garbage, i should do boxing, or a marital art. i very calmly tell them, its my life, my decision and its my happiness at stake. You'll get that a lot. As for girls, when you get past a certain point a significant minority of girls wont like you, but the ones that do like you, love you. So yes, go for it, but remember it will come with its own set of challenges, like how going from renting to having a mortgage offers different challenges.

oh, and i have to order XXXL clothes online because shops cater to skinny men, but fat women.
>>
you get to be more healthy
>>
File: 1413904455359.jpg (17KB, 300x265px) Image search: [Google]
1413904455359.jpg
17KB, 300x265px
>>38626675
this was genuinely nice to read
thanks anon, have a good day
>>
>>38626515
Watch this
https://youtu.be/DsVzKCk066g
It's my inspiration right now
>>
>>38626675

I respect your dedication anon. I will carry the same attitude and push forward relentlessly towards my goal. The pic I used is somewhat misleading since I probably won't gain that much let alone reach bodybuilder-tier, but I have already lost a significant amount of bf and I am starting to build muscle. I don't care if this change will isolate me as I have gotten used to the feeling of being alone. I just want to prove to myself that I can change in a tangible way.

>I get treated like a criminal in certain shops, people stare at me out the corner of their eyes, or more direct people will take a picture with me. it can be very difficult to go about my day when i just want to hide away.

Do people only get intimidated by you? I'm sure you also command a certain amount of awe from other people that isn't purely negative.
>>
>>38626675
>oh, and i have to order XXXL clothes online

How often do you pin?
>>
>>38626918
I would say this is a reflection of my mindset. Im unfortunately one of those guys that remember insults far easier than compliments, although i do work on that with my therapist.

the pressure is most definitely on me to initiate conversation, but thats to be expected. The problem comes when clearly someone wants to ask my a question, and they dont know how to open the conversation. Ive learnt to be patient with people, if some 16 year old kid comes up to me, i have to respect the balls that takes, and my reaction informs them on what is acceptable behaviour. If im a dickhead, they'll act like a dickhead when they build muscle. Its part of the reason i try to be polite and give everyone i can the time of day.

it sounds utterly ridiculous typing this out, and even big headed, but if you were to spend the day walking around the city centre with me, you'd understand. Everyone says, i want to lose fat, i want shoulders like that, should i eat less carbs, how much can you bench etc etc.

Like it or not, you will have a presence, its an instinctual reaction based upon self-preservation. As men we notice a womans ass and tits, as this denotes fertility. when we look at men, we see broadness of shoulders, and thickness of chest, signalling this is a competitor that could kill me. ofcourse this base instinct intertwines with the actions of the frontal cortex, humans are in this strange evolutionary phase. We're most definitely not animals, but we havent shaken off our cave man days, nor do i doubt homo sapiens ever will
>>
>>38626515

idk, I'm kind of the opposite. Slayed pussy all through high school, then got fat and got a girlfriend.

Even though I have a girlfriend, girls don't really openly flirt with me anymore. So I imagine if you lose weight you'd get more girls.
>>
File: large.jpg (44KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
44KB, 600x400px
>>38626918
>I respect your dedication anon. I will carry the same attitude and push forward relentlessly towards my goal.

You guys are so fucking autistic I literally can't handle it
>>
>>38626515
True beauty comes from within and is in the eyes and mind of the beholder op if u truly loved and liked someone and they u u wouldn't need to change a thing just let it be and follow it......
>>
>>38627066
I have taken steroids. Ive trained for 5 years. 5 years of waking up, eating a balance of carbs, proteins and fats, timing meals, measuring bodyfat, and training, sometimes twice a day. As time has progressed so has my knowledge.

I trained for 4 years before i took steroids. My reasons are my own, but i would like to make a career out of bodybuilding, and if it gives me an edge over the thousands of people im competing with, its a price worth paying. My only advice would be knowledge, knowledge, knowledge.

Steroids is a blanket term, like medicine, and theres a huge difference between aspirin and morphine. Im very honest with people, you have to build a solid foundation. steroids are the icing on a well built and measured cake.
>>
>>38627506

that's what happens when the only conversation you hear happens in a video game or anime
>>
>>38627506
Nothing wrong with his sentence, this isn't a phone text conversation.
>>
File: Max_stirner.jpg (10KB, 200x237px) Image search: [Google]
Max_stirner.jpg
10KB, 200x237px
>>38626515
you should only become attractive to please yourself and your ego. if a roastie approaches you. tell them to fuck off.
>>
>>38626515
Yeah over the course of the past year I got in shape and now I'm in shape.
Huge benefit right there.

What I mean is my resting heart rate has dropped from 70 to 50, I can bound up and down stairs all day I find myself eating a lot less garbage food, I have more energy I have fewer digestive upsets, I'm generally less prone to minor illnesses I'm less averse to leaving the house to perform activities and generally I'm treated more favourably and feel more confident socially.

Tell you what though if you go from lardass to slim you WILL miss being able to sit on hard chairs without getting a sore ass.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.