[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw video games are the only thing that makes you happy anymore

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: 1501001502668.jpg (118KB, 677x805px) Image search: [Google]
1501001502668.jpg
118KB, 677x805px
>tfw video games are the only thing that makes you happy anymore
Only reason I don't kill myself yet is because I don't want to miss out on any new games. When BOTW released it was literally one of the happiest moments of my life.
>>
File: 1898_113500.jpg (14KB, 213x320px) Image search: [Google]
1898_113500.jpg
14KB, 213x320px
>>38620255
I know exactly what you mean, anon. Video games and technology advancement keep me going. Fuck everything else in this world.

What's BOTW?
>>
File: 1500895919494.jpg (360KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
1500895919494.jpg
360KB, 710x508px
I can't even enjoy video games anymore
>>
I'm a programmer and I hate computers and video games.
I live for smoking weed.
>>
>>38620255
>had another depression dip
>moms trying everything from fidget spinners to buying an echo dot set to use as walkie talkies
>makes me go to some MA free group therapy
>has everyone go around the room and give 5 things that make them happy
>people list off things like their SO or kids or sex or cigs or booze
>they're all 30-50ish years old and one senior
>finally gets to me as the last cause i'm new and the counselor wanted me to see how shit was done first
>so, what do you enjoy in life
>actually strikes me dumb while i stop and seriously think about it
>5 solid minutes of nothing coming to my mind
>start going down the list of shit i do
>doesn't take long to realize videogames are basically all i look forward to and have fun with these days
>everyone in the group gets pissed off and says i have to HAVE some ACTUAL thing i enjoy like family or relationships or drugs or something literally anything
>turns into a whole room of 20 people belittling me and telling me i don't have depression i have laziness or i'm a man child or i must be closet gay because of all things video games are my only form of escape
>serious conversation ensues about escapism media and how has no one noticed kids do this shit now
>no one accepts their kids could be using videogames for anything but slacking off for some reason
>counselor tells me not to come back if i'm just going to incite
>get jumped by the crackhead and soccer dad afterwards
>on-site officer breaks it up but not before getting my arm broken and some serious cuts from something
>MA doesn't cover the cast or stitches
>can't even play videogames now for the next few months because cast
>cut myself trying to at least free up some space near fingers with a small saw
>didn't realize how much videogames fended off till day 3 of not having them
It's pathetic as shit but i really do feel like id be better of dead now that there's no escapism buffer.
>>
>>38620559
You really expect anyone to believe any of that
>>
>When BOTW released it was literally one of the happiest moments of my life.

To be fair, it's a good game. GOTY for sure.
>>
>>38620430
>I'm a programmer and I hate computers and video games.

How the hell did you end up with programming if you hate computers? Or is it the fact that you work with computers so much that you started to dislike them?
>>
>>38620559
just play some turn based games with your one hand
>>
>>38620605
Believe it or don't but that's my life right now. Why, do people not magically hate your guts every time you open your mouth?
>>
File: abc.jpg (192KB, 850x1200px)
abc.jpg
192KB, 850x1200px
>>38620559
If that is really true that's fucked up man.
>>
>>38620676
Already tried.Only have a microsoft trackball i can barely lefty with, literally designed for righties only, and between that, bindings, and my macro keys i can barely function but its so shitty any multiplayer game i'm just a bystander doomed to a quick death which sucks all the fun out of it. I got a shitty regular mouse on the way but thats a week from now because any better shipping would make me go broke.
>>
>>38620661
Learning how these shits actually work saps all of the fun out of it.
>>
>Tfw so untalented I can't even enjoy video games
>>
>>38620255
I want to romance and fuck Purah.
>>
>>38620559
That is so fucked up that I don't believe it
>>
Real life legitimately sucks ass. In a game, if I improve my build slightly or earn a rare weapon, I actually feel a sense of accomplishment because I can go put that effort to use right away to achieve more. In real life anything non-destructive takes years and years of grinding to achieve.
>>
>>38622793
I know it's all fake though, it's like drugs.
>>
>>38620559
>>doesn't take long to realize videogames are basically all i look forward to and have fun with these days
This but with anime as well, other than anime and games I can't name 3 more things that make me happy
>>
>>38620373
It's short for breath of the wild.
>>
>>38623003
Anime's dead to me now. Something intrinsic is gone from it that i used to genuinely enjoy and now i just can't sit through an episode of something. Only shit with interesting visuals holds my attention and all that have had that recently are mob psycho and one punch though i dislike their actual content.
>>
>>38620255
I'm waiting for Sega and the Ataribox to save us
>>
>>38620255
>When BOTW released it was literally one of the happiest moments of my life.
That must have been quite the letdown then considering the game was wholly mediocre.
>>
>>38620255
>Only reason I don't kill myself yet is because I don't want to miss out on any new games.
I used to know this feel. Around the time I lost the interest in new vidya I got a wicked bad case of the /pol/. Now I just wait for a happening to happen constantly. It never happens. Always banking on WWIII or a US civil war or an insurgency to rise up. It hasn't come yet.

But I'm getting into some new fields of interest and finding new hobbies and possible careers that I can content myself with so I think I'm moving on to something more productive and stable. I've still got respect for the honesty and heraldry of /pol/s obsessions, but I think I'm balanced enough in my worldview to make the most use of it while not becoming a slave to it. Also I still love the vidya. I regard both as outlets that I needed and which benefited me in small ways and fucked me up in small ways too, but which I've only experienced as a phase of my life.
>>
I used to be pessimistic about the future as well until I decided that it's still undecided, and that I can make it whatever I want it to be, to a large extent.

We've been living through some dark days, but the turning point is just on the horizon.

Wait for 2020. The dawn of a new era.
>>
File: Dreamcast Aways Collection -.jpg (88KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Dreamcast Aways Collection -.jpg
88KB, 700x700px
>>38624769
Might as well link some music with it.

https://pstmdrn.bandcamp.com/track/intrph-nesyndr-me

It will make you feel better.
>>
File: 3gmm54aeiscy.png (108KB, 400x381px)
3gmm54aeiscy.png
108KB, 400x381px
>>38621271
This. I used to enjoy setting up servers and maintaining them and networking shit was interesting too, but now the more I know and more I deal with them the more I hate it. Fuck.
>>
>>38620559
Leave your house and do something else then. Hell go to a card shop for Friday night magic or something, anything that will get you to be social.
>>
>>38624746
No not really. I found it to be really enjoyable and actually skipped out on work a few times just so I could play it more.
>>
>>38624869
Tried that ages ago. If i don't instantly hate the people or environment i just end up being that weird guy who doesn't talk or make eye contact and always fidgets and stays away from the pack. I've also tried magic and dnd and i've yet to find a game or group or event not filled with the exact brand of sperg that just triggers that aforementioned hate. Yugioh you occasionally get a decent and chill black guy but they're to rare to bet on. Trust me everything from pills to jusbyerself to socialization to electrotherapy to physical training has been tried and none have worked hence the odd tangent moms taken for trying to solve it now. I'm 99% sure the echo dot walkie talkie system is just so she knows i've not killed myself or tried when shit gets quiet in the basement.
>>
>>38620559
Considering how i have seen human cruelty for no reason a million times i would actually not be surprised if this happened.
>>
>>38620255
Botw was cool and everything but I hope they return to regular style Zelda next time. Really getting fed up with open world shit.
>>
>>38620393
same, i sleep 14h+ a day now, i just stare at the walls for the rest of the day
>>
>>38624869
>Friday night magic
I can't even fit in with people like that. No joke, I went to one of those places once and they were making "do you even lift" jokes about me under their breath. I'm too weird for normal people and too self aware for people like that. So I end up here, with the other self aware outcasts.
>>
>>38625407
you are rather fed up with developers using open world as an excuse to minimize content inclusion
>>
OP try to pick up an additional hobby if you can. In my 20's I was in a similar situation to you. Vidya and books were my only reason to keep going. Then there was a slump in the quality of vidya, or maybe I was getting tired of them and started to dislike everything coming out. In any case I got to a point where vidya wasn't doing the trick anymore and I would get very irritable if the book I was reading wasn't doing the trick either.

Solution to that was an additional hobby. I got way in to wood working. Great thing about that is I have something tangible and useful out of my time spent. That is provided I didn't fuck up too badly and the thing I made performs the use intended. Anyway, it's good to have a few hobbies going so if one gets old you can go straight in to another without feeling like the bottom is falling out on your lifestyle.
>>
>>38625783
I just prefer my games to be linear or be pseudo open world and have zones like Oot or fable
>>
File: sixsix.jpg (100KB, 640x484px)
sixsix.jpg
100KB, 640x484px
>used to play video games with my online friends
>have a good time
>they stop playing
>no longer have any desire to play
>now have a lot more empty time
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.