[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buddhist/Meditation Thread Ask a Buddhist anything. Same OP from

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Buddhist/Meditation Thread
Ask a Buddhist anything.
Same OP from last thread.

Hows your meditation going? Are you guys growing?
Remember to have lots of compassion
>>
Are you western? Western Buddhism is a meme
>>
>>38614170
Atheist here, wish you eastern religions the best of luck. I will feel much more relieved if they are the dominant ones.
>>
>>38614170

Hey buddhist-bro, general spiritualist here. Did an interesting guided meditation a few days ago - the topic was to give up desires as it will only cause dissatisfaction due to expectations not being fulfilled. Does this come from a buddhistic background or is this more of a common theme?

And you got any input about out-of-body experiences? Had a few while doing a bunch of drugs but recently managed to perform one while being perfectly sober which is more enjoyable as I felt more in control over it.
>>
>>38614181
OP
am western yes. Attempting spirituality is at least better than attempting ot at the very least.
>>
>>38614246
OP
I beleive this is a Buddhist background (maybe Hindu, dont know much about that though.) themed.

as for out of body experiences, i have no idea. Ive never had one and I quit drugs long ago. Never had one during that time either.
Wouldnt reccomend drugs personally...
>>
>>38615181
edit:
attempting a spiritual path better than not attempting at the very least.
>>
I've found that even my amateurish attempts at meditation helps with reducing the symptoms and pain of my chronic illness. Any tips or guides or should I just keep doing what feels right?
>>
>>38614170
Would you recommend any specific tutorial online on how to meditate properly? Also what type of meditation is the most effective in your opinion?
>>
File: Awakening of the Heart.jpg (16KB, 262x393px) Image search: [Google]
Awakening of the Heart.jpg
16KB, 262x393px
>>38614170
Not much to add atm.

But I bought this book, looks promising.

>Awakening of the Heart Essential Buddhist Sutras and Commentaries-Thich Nhat Hanh
>>
What if there was a way to do group meditation online and we created some kind of robot healing circle?
>>
yeah I ended up defeating yahweh and his stand the devil
>>
>>38615318
OP
do what feels right!! Focus on your breath, not your pain! Remember that the pain is there and its your perception (your reaction) of this pain is what makes it unpleasent.
Let it pass you by. You are your breath, not your pain.
>>
>>38615329
OP
Dreams are dreams. Projections in your own mind. You can give it meaning if you so desire but its the same as day dreaming during regular meditation in my eyes.
Whatever the dream was, meaningless or not, dont grow attached to it. Continue on, meditate, and please, get enough sleep. The Buddha once said that sleep is the best meditation.
>>38615350
OP
look up chi kung (qi gong) tutorials on youtube. Ive found this is the best mediatation along with tai chi. Latley ive just been doing sitting meditation but i started out with qi gong and it really does make a difference in your meditation.
>>
>>38615836
>in regards to the dream
Yea, you're right. It's just a dream. I should leave it at that.
Thanks for the insight that seems like something Buddha would say.
Pretty much...
Attachments are only going to hurt you, even if they're just dreams. Let it go and try to just be happy.

I'll take your advice, I don't have time to dwel on something so small. I was just vulnerable, any dream would have meant something.

Thanks for your help, I'll try to keep this in mind moving forward.

Good luck on your journey of enlightenment. Though once you are, there's a good chance you'll never come back to 4chan again. For some reason enlightenment makes people want to be very...lassiz fare about life.
Live and let live mentality.

Good luck all the same! Don't become a mummy.
>>
>>38616035
OP
thanks man!
Loving your determination!
And you werent vulnerable man.
Dont be hard on yourself. You deserve your own love more than anyone else.
>>
OP
if anybody still browsing this thread I reccomend this documentary. Amongst The White Clouds.
Hermit Monks in the mountains.

https://youtu.be/FumyvVOVbaY
>>
>>38615555
OP
Thich Nhat Nanh is amazing!!!! I have to get this book! What are your opinions on the book? is it as great as im hoping it to be

also nice quads my man
>>
>>38615570
OP
that would awesome. Id love to be a part of that.
just no normie hate.
>>
>>38616630
Only given it a cursory skim.

Looks pretty solid, gives translations and long accessible yet penetrating commentary on various Sutras.

Breaks the commentary down into short chapters, building on the past ones so it seems even people fairly new to Buddhist thought can get a sense of the meaning and how it relates to practice and living.

Granted I haven't properly dived in yet, but it looks promising.

This is my first book outside of entry level "Western newbies first guide to Buddhism" type books.
>>
>>38616630
https://books.google.com.au/books/about/Awakening_of_the_Heart.html?id=XDjBNps_WRcC&redir_esc=y

This is the table of contents.

What drew me to buy it in the first place was the sheer number of Sutras covered plus the lengthy commentaries.

I had seen a few videos of Thich Nhat Hanh speaking on youtube and he expresses himself clearly, plus he has a certain humble yet powerful compassionate warmth to him.
>>
>>38616858
OP
awesome.

also this is for the thread~
I posted this book in the last thread but idk of anyone saw it. If you are new to buddhism and want to dive right in and learn about, this a great book for starters.
>basic teaching
>Siddhartha's life story
>breaks down all attatchment properties and where it all comes from
>every basic teaching is basically broken down into detail you could say
>teaches how to practice

great book
>>
>>38616925
Thank you so much! Bless you anon.

Will probably buy this book online in my next paycheck
>>
Been liking these threads Buddha Bro. Keep it up. Maybe add Buddhist Quotes, teachings, sayings, stories in future threads perhaps??
>>
>>38618118
OP
Thank you!!
sure! been meaning to anyway.
Im going to keep these threads daily. maybe more than once a day for people who miss the other threads. I just dont want people to think im shitposting.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.