[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people (especially those from prior generations)

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

Why do so many people (especially those from prior generations) say that not having kids is selfish?
>>
I don't think anyone has ever said that. Never happened.
>>
>>38612654
It does happen, women are the primary target. Maybe it hasn't happened to you.
>>
Because by normal convention and a generation treaty you never signed up for:
You are supposed to breed another 2-3 workerdrones so your and especially THEIR retirement gets paid for, and society can go on as they claim it should.

Too little, too late. Its fucked already and will only go worse, in a slow, boring ass way.
>>
>>38612676
It hasn't happened to anybody anon, you've just made up an argument and are now complaining about people using it.
>>
>>38612641
Because you (((must))) replace the cogs of the machine. How else will (((people))) continue to make money?
>>
>>38612700
I've been told that and many of my friends also have been told that.
>>
File: 1432234731611.jpg (109KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1432234731611.jpg
109KB, 1920x1080px
You ever heard of antinatalism?

It's a whole philosophy about how having kids is selfish. You can argue it many ways, bottom line is momma probably wants some grandbabies and you're a selfish bastard if you can't give them to her.
>>
>>38612720
Does momma ever once consider that maybe her son is objectively unfit to raise children, let alone find someone who will give him children?
>>
>>38612737
You are supposed to grow up on that challenge because all the love, hormones and cuddles are expected to set your brain straight, or to fail at it and produce another broken person.

Noone really gives a shit either way how it turns out, just that you do it like everyone tells you to.
>>
>>38612641
Because they're unaware of the fact that the world is already currently overpopulated.
>>
>>38612641
because if you don't continue the bloodline you'll have spent your life consuming like a hedonist mongrel. it would be moral to just die now
>>
Just tell people that you want to make sure you have enough money to help out your current family (parents and siblings) instead for all that they've done for you, and it usually gets conservative people to shut up.
>>
>>38612737

no, because mama is in 100% denial about her own failure to raise an emotionally mature child and her sense of entitlement to have grandbabies to gossip about with other boomer-grannies eclipses all rational discourse
>>
File: gardening-low-res.jpg (530KB, 4200x2800px) Image search: [Google]
gardening-low-res.jpg
530KB, 4200x2800px
>>38612641
Because it is. Both most western social and pensions systems fail when there are too little kids. As well having no kids necessitates immigration. There are a whole bunch of problems associated with it.

This talks explains some of the more drastic ones very well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9519_OLeMJA
>>
>>38612641
Because preserving one's existence and descent is a moral duty.
>>
>>38612700
>denies the truth
>being this much of a mei-mei lord
>>
>>38612737
>If you throw enough shit at the wall, something will stick
- the meaning of life, under natural selection

Even fucked up offspring are a-ok so long as they make even more offspring and your genetic lineage doesn't die out. Roughly speaking. It's actually way more complicated than that because group selection is a thing. Since your family/tribe/nation/race/species often actually carry many redundant copies of all your genes, having offspring that, for example, murder a bunch of kids in a school shooting or fuck up and cause a building to collapse, can be a net negative. The math becomes more complicated as soon as you factor in the reality that all breeding is heavily recursive aka everyone is actually cousins
>>
People who aren't or have never been depressed see life as a gift. You are depriving your unborn children of a gift. It's selfish.
>>
I have heard something like that before, OP.

It comes from a previous generation when it was easy to have many kids. Jobs paid better comparative to living costs, schools were less shit, and this new generation doesn't want to believe all that has changed. There are people that actually really believe that having kids is a good thing, not something immoral. Nothing will convince them otherwise.

X'ers were the first generation that got clued into this as they saw more competition from overseas and a race to the bottom and it just got more pronounced through the generations from there.
>>
>>38612694
This my brother and his wife both work wagecuck jobs. Yet they are treated better for having kids out if high school. Instead of trying to get a real career.
>>
>>38615110

if this is true than it's a good explanation as to why millennial don't want kids - most depressed generation to ever live. too much schoolwork and suburbs and extracurricular activities and high fructose corn syrup
>>
if anything wanting and having children is selfish. i never asked to be born and i wish i wasn't, but no, my mom just wanted to have a kid.
>>
>>38612641
All the explanations I see always sound selfish as shit to me. There are those who claim to do it because of muh climate change and muh developed nations use more resources for raising kids, but they are quite literally cultists minus the guru. The worst is when they tell you not to have kids. I want to smack the shit out of those creepy fucks.
>>
>>38612700
Happens a fucking lot. Not that you would know since you're a recluse.
>>
>>38614808
Social- and pension systems are communism and deserve to crumble.
>>
>>38614710
How is continuing your bloodline not the actual apex of sating your primal, hedonistic desires? Especially when you consider the state of the world.
>>38614825
Why?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.