[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /19/ here the precipice of adulthood is the most trying time

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: 1499011657186.jpg (2MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499011657186.jpg
2MB, 1080x1080px
who /19/ here
the precipice of adulthood is the most trying time in anyones life desu. Trying to live on your own and take care of yourself without the help of mommy and daddy is actually quite difficult.
>>
19 here. Mommy and daddy pay for tuition and I've got my own apartment and job so Im pretty happy
>>
>19
>3k in savings
>decent car (2009) paid off
>college paid for via scholarships (full ride)
>$11.25 an hour, 42 hours a week with health benefits
>girlfriend and I sharing one year anniversary soon
>personal library reached 550 books recently
How am I doing so far lads
>>
>>38606784
im trying to get 100% independent

I would be so proud of myself If I can pull it off.
>>
>>38606801
Is your name Thomas?
>>
>>38606801
>college paid for via scholarships (full ride)
>full ride
im drooling, how did you get that?
>>
>>38606841
My father's name is, why?
>>38606867
It's at a community college via a program they offer graduating high school students, but because you enter this Presidential Honor's Society it opens up scholarships for all the local 4 year universities.
It's all academic based. High school GPA+ near perfect entrance exam score, it doesn't even matter I nuked my SAT/ACT.
>>
I've been on my own since 15, I'm 25 now and shit does not get any easier. Fucking life sucks man, get a good education and make yourself stand out so maybe you can get a leg up in the world, then appreciate having a leg up.

I hate the mentality of
>move out and get a job at 18
>But a car, apartment, cell phone and gf
>the world runs on money so get used to it
>get hitched and have kids

It's all bullshit meant to lure you in and make a slave of you to serve the machine.
>>
that whole baby hair thing is fucking gnarly, they really just look like forehead pubes
>>
>>38606978
>15
waaay too young to move out, something fucked up must have happened
>>
>>38607037
Yeah, parents decided to give up on parenting
I had my own apartment and car when I was 17 in my final year of highschool. Graduated and went on to college for a year.
My advice is This, don't go to university or college unless it's something you really want to learn or unless it's for at least 4 years. Anything less than that is a waste of time. The world is a harsh place, it's pretty cut throat to try and find dignity in this world
>>
>>38606801
normie reeeeee get the fuck out of this board
>>
>>38607220
Im in a similar place. Trying to scrape together money and tuition fees.
>>
File: 8.jpg (124KB, 847x563px)
8.jpg
124KB, 847x563px
>19
>No bank account
>No driver license
>No signature
>No friends
>socially retarded

Basically a child, I can't stop thinking about suicide. I hope despair will carry me toward death.
>>
>>38606721
>be fat underachiever in high school
>decide i want to make something of my life and join the navy
>start training
>lose 40 pounds with running
>doing push ups every day
>girl I liked starts flirting with me
>leave it all behind and go to boot camp
> doing good at first off the RDC radar
> navy doctor says my blood pressure is to high
>get kicked out on my 19th birthday
>go back home
>none of my friends care about me anymore
>girl doesn't talk to me anymore
>feel ashamed to be around my family now
>think about suicide all day and start going on 4chan regularly

im signed up for college at least but i fucking hate school so thats all fun...
>>
BANCO POPULAR DIRECT ALL YOU YOUNG FOLKS! Get that 5k asap!
>great interest rates
>>
>>38607346
Damn they kicked you out because of high blood pressure? That's fucked man

Oh well, at least you can still go to college man.
>>
>>38607344
Yeah, shits tough and it's even worse that no-one seems to want to hire workers in this day and age. You have a student loan?
>>
>>38607479
ya i failed a test then got kicked out but while being transitioned home (it takes like 3 weeks) passed several more but it was to late
just hope college makes me happy
>>
>>38607345
I'm exactly the same. I don't want to do anything. I'm going to the wired soon. You're not alone, friend.
>>
>>38607574
no, im trying to get scholarships, even If I pull this off im socially retarded so im going to have no friends If im completely on my own. Ill probably just kill myself in my apartment.
>>
File: 1488782257586.png (204KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1488782257586.png
204KB, 512x384px
19 year old NEET here, going back to school after the summer. Hopefully I'll be able to pass some of the classes this time but I'm afraid my apathy and sleep problems are gonna fuck me up again.

I've promised myself that if I don't have my shit sorted out when I'm 20 that I'm going to kill myself but I'm probably just going to procrastinate with that too.
>>
>>38607345
>>38607603
Get a warehouse job if you can, limited social interaction and it keeps you moving a bit, but not to much. Type of job where it's easy to do side schooling if you chose to.
>>
>>38607629
>I've promised myself that if I don't have my shit sorted out when I'm 20 that I'm going to kill myself
Same! If I end up at 22 with no job or connections, I'm killing myself with any means possible, probably sleeping pills.
We're all in the same boat. Let's make an oath to try as hard as we can.
>>
>>38607676
>Get a warehouse job if you can
I would prefer not to.
>>
>>38607622
Well hopefully it works out for you anon, social skills can be improved upon but I get it, it's hard when you have no-one to help you.
>>
>>38607697
Okay, good luck then.
>>
>>38607689
Same here three! We should all meet up and plan a mass murder suicide attempt

Fuck it might as well go big
>>
>>38606721
19 here
Feels gud to be able to make your own desicions
>>
>>38607689
>>38607740
I'm either gonna hang myself or crash my car into something. Let's hope it doesn't come to that and somehow I turn my life around. This lifestyle is an extremely hard habit to break though, especially after two years of stagnation and destructive behaviour.
>>
>>38607778
mines 21 ild probably buy gun and do it after getting wasted
>>
>tfw when i inevitably move out my parent are definitely going to call the police.
its going to be such an ordeal but im too old to live at home lol
>>
>>38607778
>>38607842
I'm planning on going to the mall tomorow to sit outside the shooting range and smoke cigarettes while thinking. Then hopefully I will have gotten the courage to walk in there and blow my brains out. I fucking hate life, there's nothing good that I can experience from life and there simply won't be, that's the fucking tragedy
>>
>>38607997
you can talk to me if you want, seriously ill give you my skype
>>
>>38607764
>work your life away to live in a fake materialistic society
>be homeless
>be a leach off the gvt
>pick 1 of 3
Yeah man, feels GREAT to be able to make these decisions
>>
>>38606801
>>$11.25 an hour, 42 hours a week with health benefits

Is this supposed to be good? I mean, you're a college graduate?
>>
>>38608042
I mean, is there really any point in talking about it? We live in a careless society, my parents shrugged me off when I said I was all fucked up in the head and needed help. And im not trying to rip on you, thank you for listening but my life is not worth all the time and effort I have been putting in to it.
>>
>>38608105
if youre going to kill yourself, what do you have to loose by talking to me?
>>
>>38608096
I'm America having a job with good health insurance is worth 11$ an hour, I mean it's fucking highway robery. But since the healthcare is so garbage there, good health insurance equates to about 5$ an hour if you actually use it
>>
File: 1500959259460.jpg (49KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
1500959259460.jpg
49KB, 500x406px
>>38606971

>Tryhard AP student in high school
>Super into academics
>Constantly applying to scholarships
>Got into decent unis
>Can't afford this shit, rejection letters from the scholarships I was banking on are rolling in one by one
>Only a few hundred in savings, rejected from every job I apply to because they only hire people through connections
>Mfw
>>
>>38608130
I suppose you're right, very well. I have very low self esteem issues and a battle with lifelong depression and diabetes. My story is quite long so I'll keep it short, I have no friends and I don't talk to my family, I live in a house and rent out a room in the basement. Upstairs I have roommates, one guy and his gf and they own a dog. They have get togethers and hang out with their friends all the time, I tried to join in once and it was made apparent that I wasn't welcome.

I feel extremely isolated and like I'm being shunned by everyone, no-one answers my texts or phone calls, the best part is that I never ask for anything other than to spend time with people and talk. It's so frustratingly difficult, I've forgotten how to have close relationships with people and it's fucking terrible. Like I'm being tormented by everyone having wonderful lives around me, yet I get the shit end of the stick, and what's worse is every time I try to reach out or ask for help people call me a loser or a faggot, and that's not on 4chan that's in real life.

I get so angry sometimes, so sad, I just want this to stop. I'm so alone right now
>>
>>38608365
you really need a change of pace, you definitely need to move out. Right now your world is small, just you, and your shitty roommates. So when your roommates are dicks it seems like most of your world is ganging up on you and treating you poorly when its truly just a coincidence that these people in particular dont appreciate you. its completely up to you what size your world is. and its completley up to you to change your life. I suggest you prepare to leave.
>>
>>38608365
>>38608130
The threads probably gonna 404, thank you for listening though. As I sit alone here in the dark, crying as I try to put my self to sleep, I can at least find peace in knowing that someone cared enough to extend a hand. Good by friend, I'll be making a thread tomorrow before I walk into that shooting range, giving thanks to all the robots and btards that made me feel at home. Keep an eye out for it
>>
>>38606721

I dont like that girl. Shes ugly.
>>
>>38608542
my skype is "negroleauge"
you can talk to me anytime, right now even.
Think about everything you would be giving up if you did this. Ive been in your position im a suicide survivor and I promise its spur of the moment thing. Get high, jerk off, take care of yourself and always remember your destiny is up to you always.
>>
>>38608502
I can't do the homeless shelter though, I've been there for about a month and I will never go back, it's a terrible place in my city. I don't really have anywhere else to go anymore, I recently quit my job because fuck being treated like a slave but now I have nothing and I am stuck. There's more to it than this stuff though, I just want life to stop hurting me, it's hurt me so much that only I can only hurt myself now. I wouldn't know how to appreciate friendship or love even if I HAD those things. And that's what's driving me nuts, the whole "no-one will love you if you don't love yourself" thing. I don't know how to love myself, if anything I hate myself and strive to impress and outdo others in order to try and gain acceptance.
>>
File: IMG_7521.jpg (295KB, 608x1070px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7521.jpg
295KB, 608x1070px
>>38606721
>tfw 23
>pay $400 to sleep on the couch in my parents place
>work minimum job part time and make $1000 monthly
>can't move out since I'd have to pay double for a room in my city
>can't find a second job or better job despite having a decent resume
>don't even have a car
>community college is kinda difficult

Adulthood is hard, but I still don't feel I'm completely there since I live with my asshole family that doesn't help me as much as they think they do.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.