[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>applying for an entry level job >5+ other people here,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_inline_ngrkz3d3fO1szad63.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ngrkz3d3fO1szad63.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>applying for an entry level job
>5+ other people here, all dressed like they don't care or they're a fair bit older than me, too old for this job
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>38600112
is that not a good thing?, surely it would make you stand out more and increase your chances?
>>
>>38600300
I hope. It seemed to go pretty well. Much better than my last one. I'm just nervous because I'm insecure.
>>
>>38600607
I had an interview earlier today, I was the youngest there and wore a suit while the others just wore t-shirts, I hope your interview went well and you get the job
>>
>>38600607
I had an interview today as well.
It was the final one.It was down to me and a roastie.
As the boss guy shuffled the papers i noticed her resume. She put a full body instagram picture on it and it was a page long
My interview lasted 20 minutes and hers was still going on when i left. They haven't called me back.
>>
>>38600708
That's a bad sign, you were probably way overdressed
>>
File: nikehoodie.jpg (54KB, 623x620px) Image search: [Google]
nikehoodie.jpg
54KB, 623x620px
>>38600815
Most people doing the job suggested wearing a suit without the jacket but I wore it because it was cold and was better than wearing pic related
>>
you should be glad you got an interview in the first place
>>
File: 1499396413928.png (19KB, 565x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499396413928.png
19KB, 565x540px
>Need a part-time job because going to uni
>Apply for dozens of entry-level jobs that require no previous work experience, pretty much places like Starbucks and shitty pizza joints
>Resume seems fine, I have responsible experiences with unpaid internships
>Haven't received one email back
>Haven't been given one interview
>>
>>38600978
It was open to anyone.
>>
>>38600794
That's fucking bullshit. My interviewer was an old woman though who seemed pretty chill.
>>
File: 1498946101161.jpg (73KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498946101161.jpg
73KB, 960x960px
>be 30
>just got my degree
>degree is very specialized, so few available jobs even though there's a general shortage
>even have a professional license
>do several interviews
>never get job
>even desperate employers don't want to hire me
>apply to other jobs that I meet at least the basic qualifications for
>even basic crap like custodial
>professional stuff doesn't hire me because lol no experience
>low-level stuff doesn't hire me because they think I'm just waiting for a better job with my degree
>the interviews I do get occasionally go well though, I think
>still don't get hired
I must come off as really creepy, or insincere or something. The only place that even offered me a job is a mental hospital (as janitor), so I probably didn't come off so bad there. Too bad it's the lowest pay of any of the dozens of places I applied to, though at least I get full benefits from day 1 because leech of state.
>>
>>38601409

You know you don't have to actually list all of your education when you apply right?
>>
>>38601409
Why are you getting your degree at 30?
At that point you should have solid five years of work exp on your field to ever amount to anything.
Jump in a garbage can and stay there forever.
>>
File: (17).png (200KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
(17).png
200KB, 499x499px
>>38601409
>specialized degree
I can only imagine what it is..
>>
>go to job interview
>highly qualified for the position
>they don't hire me
>go back to the business as a "customer" and see who got hired
>they are all far less competent/qualified than me
Fucking hate this
>>
File: 1445893687014.png (81KB, 278x260px) Image search: [Google]
1445893687014.png
81KB, 278x260px
>>38601518
It's Physics Teaching (yes, that's the actual degree). I wasn't a total idiot, and also got a middle-school science endorsement. I probably could have passed the tests for most of the sciences, but the state (or the university, I can't remember) doesn't like to put on too many endorsements if they weren't in your actual field of study, which would have improved my chances greatly.
Basically, if I'm not going to teach (and I don't know if I want to - much higher chances of my life being ruined by some upset thot than I would like) I don't have many options.
>>38601450
If I don't, then I have a big gap on my resume. I've thought about not including my degree, but it looks way worse.
>>
>>38601481
Or, you should just up and leave the board, sociopath normalfaggot.
>>
>>38600607
>RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>yes I do think my OP is a good thing :)

why make the thread?
>>
Did you give him a firm handshake, son?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.