[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /r9k/, I think I need some advice. I have had a lot more

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: dawfa.png (205KB, 297x348px) Image search: [Google]
dawfa.png
205KB, 297x348px
So /r9k/, I think I need some advice.

I have had a lot more time than I can reasonably spend recently and this has lead to me thinking more than I usually would. A few weeks ago I was pondering the nature of random chance.

See, people tell you that there are a limited number of outcomes to any situation. They often compare this to a coin flip. The coin can only be heads or tails. This is bullshit. What if the coin landed on it's side, It's unlikely but it's possible? What if the coin was flipped so hard it left the earth's atmosphere and never landed? What if the coin flipped, a bird caught it mid migration then carried it to Hawaii where it flew into a volcano and the coin melted into a ball, what side would it be on then? These outcomes are indeed possible, extremely unlikely but possible. And this fact isn't restricted to a coin flip, it's applicable to all aspects of life. These are what I like to call side landing moments.

Lets say you do something simple like making a sandwich, you may not realise it at first but a side landing moment could occur at any time when preparing your meal. What if you get a head rush when slicing the bread, disorientating you for a few seconds causing you to slice your wrist instead of the bread resulting in you bleeding out slowly on the floor until you die? Or the ham you use for the sandwich wasn't prepared correctly so it's full of parasites from the pig it came from and a few days after eating it you die as one of the tapeworm eggs in the ham ends up in your brain causing a fatal stroke. Or what if completely unrelated to the sandwich a piece of space debris the size of a truck comes rocketing towards your house, killing you on impact. Actually the third one could happen at any time, a side landing moment could happen at any time in many different ways during a range of different activities. It's just a matter of time until one happens.

How do I go on living my life knowing I could die at any time in many different ways?
>>
>>38596443
Are you writing a fucking book?
Couldn't you just shorten it down?
>>
By doing more of what you want, because you really CAN die at any moment. The world could end at any given moment too, so there's no use in worrying.
>>
Stop wasting time thinking about outlandish possibilities and maybe you'll recover.
>>
>>38596520
I didn't think I could get my thoughts across correctly any other way
>>
File: IMG_3213.jpg (157KB, 728x481px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3213.jpg
157KB, 728x481px
Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha benis
>>
>>38596443
death is like playing on a server that's gonna bust, not some hack(er) you have to bother about. just keep playing (or stop) \_(-_-)_/
>>
>>38596443
intersting bread. like you said though the side landing outcome is so rare, why even bother worrying about it. might as well worry about realistic things / things in your control. you should probably play the lottery...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.