[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im thinking about getting a pet rat have any of you guys every

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 22b.jpg (88KB, 628x369px) Image search: [Google]
22b.jpg
88KB, 628x369px
Im thinking about getting a pet rat
have any of you guys every had one? would you recommend a rat as a pet?
>>
File: guinea piggu.jpg (56KB, 400x316px) Image search: [Google]
guinea piggu.jpg
56KB, 400x316px
They don't like to live alone, so if you get a rat, it makes a lot more sense to get two. Obviously two of the same sex.

They're nice animals but a lot of work. They make a lot of waste so their cages require frequent cleaning.

They rarely live a long time and it's sad to bond with an animal and then have it die just 2 years later.

They are incredibly intelligent and require time outside the cage every day for their mental and physical health.

Guinea pig only distantly related, just the closest pic to a rat pic I had on my computer at this moment.
>>
Rats are fun. I had one and would let it roam around the house. Once it ran up my boxers and bit my knob, fuck that was painful
>>
>>38591365
Yeah I was planning on getting to females if I do decide
I've always wanted pet rats I've just never had the time or money but Im doing better now and I want to give them a try
I'm kinda torn between Rats or Guinea pigs I've heard good things about both
>>
>>38591327
They are sweet and smart. Get two girls so they aren't lonely but also don't fight for dominance. There will probably be one dominant one, just keep them from fighting too hard.
They don't have a long life span usually, and are prone to developing tumors. Just give them lots of love and make sure youre feeding them healthy food!
>>
>>38591327
Had 2 pairs of female rats. They're great pets if you like to train them, or have them sleep on you.

They get lonely so you should always get at least two. Making hamocks for them to sleep in, with a decent sized cage will be fine.

Most importantly don't feed them normal rat food they sell in pet stores, it's half birdseed and protein ritch. Too much makes then scratch too much iirc. Would recommend, though don't expect them to live past 2 years or so.
>>
>>38591327
why a rat? get an hamster instead
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.