[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >Medfag at uni >classes start again today >medical

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 12

File: 20170724_173909.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170724_173909.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>Be me
>Medfag at uni
>classes start again today
>medical math exam due on blackboard in 4 weeks
>have to score 100%
>told in lecture you only get TEN attempts and if you fail you'll be asked to withdraw from degree
>Staceys freaking out literally shaking
>Chads look visibly disturbed
>special drop in sessions for math tutoring offered
>counselling also available
>Staceys gossip about how they heard the test was so difficult
>decide to try it as soon as it opens to see what its like
>don't even bother studying
>literally 10 pic related tier questions
>have 59 minutes to complete it
>finish in 2 minutes

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK? Are normies really this triggered by basic math?
>>
>>38586332
Are there two correct answers?

Couldn't you technically give 32 .5mg tablets or 4 4mg tablets?

Anyway. My best educated guess would be 4 4mg tablets.
>>
>>38586361
this. is there a trick to it? maybe to choose whether 0.5 or 4mg? is med really such a ripoff?
>>
>>38586361
>he takes the 4mg tablet
>4 mg kills him because he has a condition that makes him die if he takes more than 0.5 mg of dexadickafuck at a time

sry dr r9k you killed the fucking patient
I'd assume giving smaller portions is always better since regardless of how much they're supposed to take at one time, they can just take more pills

e.g. if they need to take 1mg per day they could take two 0.5s but they'd be shit out of luck if you handed them 4mg
>>
File: TCB2.jpg (24KB, 400x272px) Image search: [Google]
TCB2.jpg
24KB, 400x272px
>>38586332
What the fuck would make someone want to do that?
>>
Not everyone--I would wager a minority--have an above average capacity for quantitative thinking. Your exercise doesn't look terribly difficult, but it's not something that comes 'naturally' to me, as it may come to you.

I'm currently about to transfer to a state university after being in community college drop-out purgatory for a long while. I have to take a math admission text exclusive to my major, education, and if I don't pass it, then I effectively have switch majors, and my previous effort would've been for vain. Unlike your exam, mine is varied and filled with logic questions and geometry shit that I absolutely hate. So yeah, I get your classmates anxiety--since I have it too.
>>
>>38586332
Yes

They literally want to ban College Algebra because Mexicans/blacks can't pass
>>
>>38586361
Yeah no shit you don't even have to use the formula. 4x4 = 16 or 16/4=4.

Better book myself in for counselling I'm #literally shaking at that mental effort. Kek

>>38586374
No. No trick at all.
>>
>>38586391
>killed the fucking patient

Knowing the medical world that means he's ripe for promotion
>>
>>38586332
>blackboard
Why hasn't your school switched to Canvas?
>>
>>38586391
The question didn't say anything about multiple frequencies.

It said pill time 0800

OP TELL US THE ANSWER

Put spoilers on it so people can try it out for themselves first.
>>
>>38586401
Wish they would have succeeded. I'm white and it took me 2 tries to pass it.
>>
>>38586412
Nah. What's canvas?
>>
>>38586412
My college just switched to canvas but all the syllabi say to use blackboard even though it's disabled

Wat do?
>>
>>38586411
This. One side of my family is overly invested in medicine, and they are all utter psychopaths.
>>
>>38586423
4 x 4mg
>>
>>38586332
>chads and stacies can fuck up scripts 9/10 times and still pass the class

No wonder there's so many accidental deaths.
>>
>>38586332
>check if you managed primary school
I am sure to trust doctors in the future with such rigoros training
>>
>>38586401
It's already happened in California, at the public school level at least. A program called 'Statway', launched by Carnegie Mellon as a way of bypassing college algebra requirements, has been approved by the UC and CSU systems. Now, you essentially just need pre-algebra level knowledge and statistics in order to graduate.

I'm ambivalent about this change. Algebra was my worst subject in college, and I can see--and know--people who have dropped out because they couldn't go through their math requirements. I don't see the use in mandating art history, English, and film majors in knowing higher level algebra.

If you think, it's a good way to 'weed' out the dummies, then again, I refer to my proposition that not everyone is good at quantitative thinking.
>>
>>38586480
Honestly we need less liberal arts majors not more

I can't imagine a more worthless degree. If anything we should make learning Latin a prerequisite to be a lib arts major like the old days
>>
>>38586401
That's true, but have you considered that algebra is overly complicated for some people and a pretty big waste of time for those not pursuing a career with a big focus on mathematical skills?
>>
>>38586401
Basic high school level algebra or linear algebra?
>>
>>38586514
Liberal arts majors are good because they get duped into studying bs. Less competition for the people that actually matter.
t. political SCIENCE major
>>
>>38586332
oy vey, guess I shoulda took the medfag route. I got differential equations in 3 weeks, I'm shaking a bit desu
>>
>>38586480
>live in California
>state grants basically make public college free
>don't even have to study college algebra
Why can't I be a califag?
>>
File: download_0.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download_0.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>38586467
This is for our first placement. We have 10 weeks of classes before we head off to the hospitals for 80 hours over two weeks with live patients. I still can't suppress the part of me that wanted to prescribe 32 0.5mg tablets just imagining the person trying to swallow that many.
>>
>>38586514
Well, it's a personal issue for me. I was never able to pass intermediate algebra before the change happened. Took me two attempts to pass elementary algebra, and failed at intermed. twice, and was ready to give up on college altogether.

So when the State changed the requirements, it was basically a 'god send', as the math requirement was the only thing holding me back. I'm the guy trying to be a teacher here, most likely, I'm focusing on English and Social Science. If I'm never going to teach math, then why do I have to learn it? I can't speak to other liberal art majors in the abstract, on then falling back to it being a pointless requirement for most.
>>
>>38586573
I'd take differential equations over anatomy and physiology any day. You have to remember the names of hundreds of different things. Formulas are much more comfy.
>>
>>38586591
Same. I placed into elementary algebra, barley passed, failed intermediate, then barley passed, failed college algebra, then literally only passed because the teacher let wrong answers count as long as you showed work. It's the whole fucking reason I had to stay an extra year at cc and I'm majoring in fucking humanities.
>>
>>38586332
Also a medfag, the only maths I remember were some iron pill calculations from hematology. You could 0% all of it though and still pass the rest of the exam.
>>
>>38586541
I believe it's high-school level Algebra II. No way it's Algebra I.
>>
>>38586520
Life was better when not everyone was expected to go to college. Now they have to dumb down College and as a result deflate the value of a degree
>>
>>38586581
What occupation are you training for? Medical assistant or something? EMT? These problems are like 6th grade word problems.

My problem with coming up with a career plan is that trades and low level medical jobs are too easy and too routine for me. Also too many trashy and annoying people.

College level STEM courses were either pretty boring and routine or the learning curve was too steep.

So I ended up majoring in political science and ruining my life.
>>
>>38586591
Did you ever try studying?
>>
>>38586580
I don't know. Move over here. I didn't have to pay a penny towards community college, and now it seems with the 'Calgrant', I won't pay to pay either to my local Cal State. So basically, university is free in CA if you're a poorfag. Guess we don't advertise this fact too much, because then we'd get a bunch of transplants from other across the country, coming for 'much free college'.

>>38586628
I feel your pain, dude. Your story and mine are extremely common, as I'm told by counselors and classmates. Nice choice with your humanities major. I'm strongly considering it as a back up, myself. I believe my university requires an ancient language requirement though, e.g. Latin or Greek. I'm not about to study some fucking dead language. No thanks.
>>
>>38586654
Well you can still dedicate your life to founding the white ethnostate so no harm no foul
>>
File: 1430328615319s.jpg (6KB, 192x182px) Image search: [Google]
1430328615319s.jpg
6KB, 192x182px
>>38586654.
>So I ended up majoring in political science and ruining my life.
Uh oh.
>>
>>38586591
>trying to be a teacher here

This honestly makes me pretty mad. I feel like they were being soft enough by allowing people to take either stats or calculus. Teacher is a pretty underpaid job, and usually fairly competitive except when there are teacher shortages (rare). Too many degrees are being handed out, and graduates job prospects are suffering as a result.
>>
>dexamathasone

Intentional?
>>
>>38586480
great, just another reason to make your degree worthless
>>
>>38586401
It's true I'm a mexican burger I had to take all the pre-college algreba. But I'm glad I stuck with it because I ended up taking college algebra/trig/3x calc/diff eqs and getting A's in them like a double stuft good boy.

Then I switched to a major that doesn't need all that math anyway. But it felt nice getting better in a subject that I sucked ass in previously.
>>
>>38586604
This. Memorization classes are boring as fuck.
>>
>>38586654
M.D

>>38586632
We only seem to do very basic chem too it's ridiculous. I remember asking for the chemical formula to calculate ATP from one glucose in the presence of oxygen and my tutor just stared blankly at me for 10 seconds and said "All you need to know is it's 32". Gee sorry for not being retarded.
>>
>>38586685
There's a teacher shortage throughout the U.S., because it's a severely underpaid job. It made fuck all sense to mandate people like me to learn differential equations or even quadratics even. If you think about it, if I knew how to do quadratics, non-linear, differentials, cubic functions etc., why the fuck would I be going into teaching? If I had that capacity, then I'd be going into CompSci or Eng programs. Teaching is like the 'trench work' of the professions. No one who's 'smart' would do it voluntarily, since the state isn't paying up.

I'm going for it, because California is increasing teacher salaries because of the aforementioned. And once I factor in the 3 month vacations, and paid sick leave that Europoors boast about, then it's not such a raw deal. Plus, I tolerate kids, and hate dealing with adults/bosses. If you think about it, teaching is actually a very robot friendly job.
>>
>>38586332
It's the possibility of failure and withdrawal from the program that triggers them. Our basic med admin tests in nursing school were about at that difficulty with two chances before forced withdrawal.
It's not that the path you're walking is hard(at this moment), it's that if you do manage to fuck up and fall, it's all over bub. The undergrad, the MCAT, the mountains of student loans you already have, you fuck up and you're through. 10 chances means it won't really happen but the message is clear and something they will have to get used to as the curriculum grows harder. If you fuck as a doctor, who is the authority in patient care, it's on you.
Some people need help being eased into such expectations but it must be done.
>>
>>38586332
When you get more advanced. Child questions and labeling questions are going to be included. Shit's funny, most professors just make you create the most obscene shit in the advanced questions.
>>
>>38586796
There's not a teacher shortage right now.

They are projecting them, but there's not one right now. At least in my region (West Coast)

I worked with guy (it was his summer job) that has been teaching on 1 year contracts for the past 5 years. This is in SoCal. He doesn't even teach a subject related to his major (history). He teaches auto shop classes because he got some certifications from a local community college while he worked in a family member's repair shop.
>>
>>38586796
>If you think about it, teaching is actually a very robot friendly job.

My ex did meme degrees, Master of Arts, Bachelor of arts and Bachelor of Polsci specializing in feminist theory and gender studies. 300k student debt for worthless shit tier degrees from UofO libcuck central. Couldn't get a job as anything but a teacher. And yeah it's the perfect robot job. You literally can't get fired. She'd come and smoke a few bowls and plow through a whole fifth of tequila and go to work drunk. Other teachers and EAs were fucking tweakers that used to shoot up in their cars in the parking lot. Still they don't get fired. You can't even make this shit up.

http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2017/03/special_education_teacher_arre.html
>>
>>38586796
It's not that much different in europe though.
Teacher shortages are "starting" to appear in more rural areas. The movement to the citites is being to happen faster for certain supporting professions without the demographic to support them.

So instead of people going to the cities to work, we're now having this strange shit that people are leaving the cities (were they live) to work.
>>
>>38586920
>Bachelor of Polsci specializing in feminist theory and gender studies
>tfw i always though this was /pol/ & /r9k/ bulshit
>tfw when i see that shit in my uni as a proper degree and they have a doctorates program
>tfw someone became a doctor on the basis of a study on the differences between a gender normative kid and a gender non-normative kid in PE
>tfw I just want to get my doctorate in auditing but my promoting professor keeps saying i have to get more advanced in to topics
>>
File: 1499123476110.jpg (36KB, 460x349px) Image search: [Google]
1499123476110.jpg
36KB, 460x349px
>>38586332
What the fuck kind of med school do you go to that people are triggered by pharma? The required A-Level chemistry you did in school had harder maths
>>
>>38586928
I personally love how all the young faggots love moving to cities. Just means there will be better paying shit in the country where it's cheap as hell to live and actually white.
>>
>>38586900
You need to qualify that statement. In California, there is absolutely a shortage for elementary, special-ed, and STEM teachers. I mentioned earlier in the thread, how my preference would be teaching English and History at the secondary level. That's wishful thinking, history teachings jobs are highly coveted, since it's the only subject that males like to teach. If there aren't jobs when I review the market in a year or two, then I'll just settle for elementary work, and deal with the 11 year olds. Whatever. As long as I get my 3 months off, then I'm willing to compromise.
>>
>>38586332
4mg might be the wrong awnser because I don't know how strong the drug is so probably 32 1/2mg
>>
>>38586955
I know. I don't know how the fuck they managed to get in here if this shit triggers them so bad. It's ridiculous.
>>
I'm like actually retarded - braindamaged (it's why I'm on /r9k/ and the answer is 4 x 4.

Are the normalfags actually this stupid? My sides.
>>
>>38586962
Not to mention that integration actaully hapens easier and better in the rural communities. So instead of dropping all the syrian migrants in the cities where they crowd and start forming weird ass china towns 2.0 a well supported and followed up rural spreading would be a lot better.

That and severly scaling backing econimic migrations from african countries until this system can be set-up. You can't keep screaming "save the peoplez" if you're drowing in them.
>>
>>38586796
I don't know about your friend group, but mine made fun of teachers that turned out as losers in their Middle Ages. I wasn't even a Normie, just found it very sad how my teachers all acted like winners and then there was one who was rumored to still live with his parents. Also, teachers were accused of sexual harassment by students plenty of times even though they were the friendliest of people.
You also need to handle public speaking
>>
>>38586983
If that isn't given or not asked to find, first order of bussines in these questions is to find the best possible amount for the patient. So that would mean the 4x4mg

Also important is the age of the patient.
>>
>>38587026
I always thought it was funny the teachers in the business department would go on and on about entrepreneur shit while working a cushy unionized state job.
>>
>>38586983
>>38587027
Other point to state is that the patients could just very well eat the whole box if he wanted to. So a warning label should be added to the box and a proper advice to the patient.

PATIENTS ARE DUMB.
>>
>>38586966
There may be a shortage in terms of teacher to student ratios, but there's no shortage in terms of the state budget. There's no hiring sprees and pay raises planned to solve the shortage. From the employee side of things, there's no shortage to capitalize on. Very few people want to put up with the shit a teacher has to put up with for what a teacher gets paid. I'd rather be a neet than slave away in a high school for 40k a year in California. It's shitty pay in a high COL state.
>>
>>38586954
Her Masters majored in ancient languages. She could read ye olde ancient English and drunkenly rant about abortion for $300,000 dollars. She voted for Obama twice and literally everything /pol/ says about those meme degrees is true. I can't even imagine the level of bluepilled you'd have to be to spend 8 fucking years studying feminism.
>>
>>38587076
Where does she even get employed?
I mean what companies do "feminism"?
NGO's?
>>
>>38587066
Plus 75% of the class probably speaks spanish.
>>
>>38587088
She's a school teacher. What else.
>>
>>38587051
I always found it funny that my engineering teachers claimed to love the industry yet they chose to work at a shitty school in a shitty school district. Could be a decent district, but democrats can't run a fucking school or this state(Illinois).
>>
>>38587051
No you fool, the test wants you to think its 4x4
>>
File: barclay.png (229KB, 796x858px) Image search: [Google]
barclay.png
229KB, 796x858px
I'm 25 years old man with asperger's and ADD, and I'm starting adult high school next month. I already have vocational qualification in electrical engineering and I went to engineering college after that, but I dropped out. I'm not completely clueless when it comes to math and physics, but I'm still pretty anxious about school stuff.

I haven't been in school for about 7 years, and my school career was pretty shit through all my life because of my then-undiagnosed mental issues. Now that I have all the diagnoses and medication, I'm sure I can make it in the real world. My cognitive capabilities are alright (high-avereage/above average results fro IQ test), so there is really nothing preventing me from being successful.

I'm planning to get my high school diploma so that I can get enrolled in university and leave home. I'm thinking of perhaps pursuing a career in physics. If not a research scientist, there's always need for industrial physicists and other jobs alike. I just want to crunch numbers and not socialize. I was thinking of medical school, but that would probably require socializing and I don't want any of that shit.
>>
>>38586332
>OP heard one asian chick get anxious about first test in med school and is literally humble bragging about figuring out 4x4 = 16 in his post about "normies"
>the girl who was "LITERALLY SHAKING" is probably humble bragging about getting likes on instagram at the end of the day

you and the normies are the same. millennials are all garbage and you will all go down as the most forgettable generation of all time.
>>
>>38587066
It depends on the district, but you do know that teacher pay scales work like the military, right? 3-5k increases every year. The carrot on a stick is to rough it out for the first decade, and reach the prized 90-100k state salary, get your tenure midway, and letting yourself go.

I was on NEETbucks, and I've decided to that teaching is the most robot friendly job, because it'll give me enough time off to remind me of my previous life, while giving me the money to fuck off to Europe or Asia, and fuck cheap hookers on the breaks. If you're NEET, your life is poor and depressing, unless you have a trust-fund.

So it's either this career path, or the corporate world, or some other shit, like a trade--I don't want to deal with shit (literally).
>>
>>38587076
Why did you leave her? She sounds like fun and learned. Was she unattractive? One man's trash is another man's treasure, etc.
>>
>>38586332
Pretty much, yes, but I understand it, I was horrible in math until I reached the age of 22 and I don't even know why. I mean, my math teachers were always non charismatic assholes and the guys who were good at math also looked like assholes with stick in their asses who shit talked about everyone who wasn't as good in math as them, so I developed a hate for even the most basic math.
Like I said, until I was 22 (I'm 24), I saw that every study who bring you a job has a shitload of math in it, so what did I do? I learned in 7 months 13 years school math, I'm not a natural talent but at least I pass my exams, I'm now in my third semester Computer Science and try to better my grades.
>>
>>38587198
This is nowhere near the first test. It was murmurs rippling through the lecture hall and after the lecture there was a dozen roasties standing around stressing about it outside, not just one. Also, unlike those roasties I'm not a millenial. I'm Gen X. So nice try there faggot.
>>
>>38587286
>~40 year old student
>uses "roasties" and "normies" in his blogposts
>has nothing to back up why he made a thread about finding the answer to 4 times 4
wow you played yourself.
>>
>>38587181
Abort mission on your idea for adult high school, unless you're only a few credits shy of graduating. It's very depressing going to an adult high school.It's nothing but single moms, lowlife types, and old people, fuck ups all around. You can knock out your GED with a week of studying, and go to community college and transfer to a state school after.

For your conditions, I would suggest accounting style work. Autism and Aspergers runs in my paternal side of the family. It's no coincidence that many of them are accountants or financial types. Because you've been out of the world for so long, you might want to start out with only 1-2 classes in community college. Avoid your pipe dream of medical school. Although I've had encounters with doctors that I've suspected of being on the 'spectrum', they're obviously the worst ones. We don't need more doctors with shitty bedside manner. Although feel free to go into a specialty that doesn't deal with people, like pathology, or radiology.
>>
>>38587181
I wish you the best luck Anon, I was in the same boat. I'm a German who had his high school degree with 22 alongside with a bunch of 17 and 18 y.o. (except for one guy who was 21, he is now one of my best friends).
We all gonna make it at the end. Stay healthy Anon and study successfully.
>>
File: 1500314397223.jpg (35KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500314397223.jpg
35KB, 566x480px
>>38586391
Just fucking divide the pills Jesus. Ingest a quarter each time if you only need 1mg
>>
>>38587392
Yeah I know I could just complete the final test and get the diploma under one month, but I really think it's for the best if I just "reboot" everything and have a fresh start. After all it's been quite some time since I actually studied, it's good to do some catching up. Also, while there are weird single moms and bums in there, there might be qt aspie grills as well. I'm not expecting the authentic high school experience, but I think it would be good to have that minimal socialization as well. As I said, who knows, there might be qt grills of my age there.
If I work hard I can get my high school papers in year and a half. It won't be having any gym or art classes or any "useless" shit like that, just math, physics, chemistry etc. the real stuff. That also means I can concentrate on the school stuff that truly matters and I don't need to worry about some retarded art projects.
>>
>>38587286
Aren't you a late bloomer, if you truly are Gen X? Gen X, is loosely defined as someone born before '78-80. Sorry to say, even if you are 37 today, you're still a millennial. People in college today are Gen Z, post-millennial, anyone born in the mid 90s and beyond, who were unable to witness the turn of the century.
>>
File: 352711-troll-face.jpg (29KB, 469x428px) Image search: [Google]
352711-troll-face.jpg
29KB, 469x428px
>>38586332
I would give them 32 0.5mg tablets
>>
>>38586332
28 .5mg and 1 4mg
>>
>>38587548
No different denominations inside a blister numbnuts.
>>
>>38587388
Isn't a blogpost and I'm not 40 faggot. It's a commentary on the ridiculousness of the current year university system and the state of the very millenials you claimed I was, that they need 10 attempts and a counselling service to be able to handle basic division in medschool. Plenty of people choose to return to study in mid life and surgeons in this country make $300k+ a year so fuck you if you think you can act edgy when you probably spend all day living with your parents and jerking off to anime asshole.

>>38587518
1980 here. I thought that was the cutoff. Jimmy Carter was POTUS when I was born. I'd hardly call me a millenial.
>>
Just give him a lethal dose of morphone.
>>
woah so this is the power of "medicine is difficult"
>>
>>38587588
I'm afraid to say, that you're one of 'us'. You're on the beginning cut-off though, like you say. But because you fully experienced the turn of the century, and your most formative years were during the Clinton presidency, and you experienced things like Y2K and 9/11 in a more visceral way than younger kids--yeah you're definitely a millenial.
>>
>>38586480
It depends. If it is intrinsic to the degree it should be mandatory. If the work that you will be doing regularly uses it then you should be barred from that degree if you want to skip it. But if say you are going for a criminology degree and the jobs that you will likely get wont ever even touch that kind of math its silly to require it. At that point its just the U.S. government waving its dick around saying "Look what MY citizens know!"

But in my mind college as a whole is obsolete. It should be restructured into you picking your field / expertise and then you learn literally only what you need to learn then get thrown out onto the job market. I've learned so much useless bullshit that I can say that 75% of my degree is shit that I could of idly googled and / or will never use in my life. So much wasted time and money.
>>
>>38587670
>and you experienced things like Y2K and 9/11 in a more visceral way than younger kids--yeah you're definitely a millenial.

I'd been shitposting on the internet for a few years when Y2k came around. I had a 56k modem by then. I remember my PC was an AMD K6-II and and I had a 3dfx Voodoo Banshee. Nvidia came out with the first Geforce card sometime around then. I even remember shitposting when I was watching 9/11 live on TV just after the first tower was hit. It was a few months after my 21st birthday and I was playing Starcraft on battle.net. I think my formative years were honestly during the Reagan and Bush era. I saw Terminator 2 at the cinemas and remember watching the first Gulf War on the news. I dunno how I could be a millenial with memories like that.
>>
>>38587865
I'm a millennial and I agree. Anyone that can remember the Reagan years cant be lumped in with people born in the mid to late 90s.
>>
>>38587865
I don't know if you're in a different country, and maybe the sociologists define it differently in yours, but in the U.S., the criteria simple. If you were old enough to experience the dramatic changes to society because of the tech boom/internet, and the decline of confidence in government, because of global terrorism, then you're a millennial. Simply put, anyone who got a taste of the final 1-2 decades of the 20th century, and has it in their knowledge repository, to compare how like 'was like' before the internet changed people's lives, then you're a millennial. A person born after, say, 1993-94 was too young to appreciate the difference in society. So if you're a mid 90's birth or later, then you are post millennial, or Gen Z.
>>
>>38587911
I've heard on talkshows and podcasts, of late '70s and early '80s people complaining, about this same thing. You dont want to be lumped into the millennial category. You're too young for Gen X and too old for Gen X. I dunno, convince the sociologists to alter the definitions, or maybe you a sub-group. But as it stands, you have more in common with a Gen Y person than an Xer.
>>
>>38588089
too old for Gen Y*
>>
Well, it's getting late for me and can no longer type coherently.

OP, was the point of your thread? It was very narcissistic, which isn't surprising, with you being a medfag and all. It sounds like you have a basic failure of empathy. Yes, other people are dumber than you, and some are smarter. Grass is green, and the sky is blue.

You're going to want to work on your bedside manner, if you don't want to get complaints by patients. Work on your empathy skills. You will need it for this career.
>>
>>38586403
Holy fuck, it actually was that straight forward, and yours looks like a later section of the course with clinical applications and whatnot. Why is your medical course so fucking basic compared to mine? It isn't fair!
>>
>>38587911
By the time people were born in the mid-90's I was already using primitive BBS. I remember it took me nearly a week and a half to download all four of the disks for the Doom install and I deleted Windows 3.1 off my computer because it was useless and I only had a 40mb HDD and it took up space I needed for Doom.

>>38588026
Thing is I was 16 when the internet first started. I clearly remember the launch of Windows 95 and installing it on my shiny new CD-ROM. But I remember life before the internet. Shit like teaching my grand parents how to use the VCR when I was 5 and how they were the only people we knew who owned a "mircowave oven" or my school raising money to buy an Apple Macintosh 2 for the year 7 students. Shit I even saw ET at the cinemas and remember the hype when the Michael Jackson Thriller special aired on TV. I don't just remember 9/11 I remember the fall of the Berlin Wall and my first consol was an Atari 2600. Millenials don't remember shit like that.
>>
>>38586681
Fucking end me. I am starting political sci soon. Well at least i will end up as a neet with some knowledge
>>
>>38586447
as a general rule, anyone who is making a lot of money is probably a psychopath
>>
>>38588266
i--its all I'm interested in. I mean getting a bachelor's in anything is much better than not having one at all? Right? right?!
>>
>>38586445
Save them if they are never updated its legal grounds to get the class expunged and even refunded if you fail. Syllabuses are legal binding documents and errors like that can give you a lot of wiggle room. Don't intentionally do something stupid but keep it as a safety net. Real nice if the professor turns out to be a fucking psycho.
>>
>>38586729
Yes. There is a lot of jokes to make people laugh. On one of my exams the professor had us working with "Fucitall" an antidepressant.
>>
>>38588255
Generations generally run for 2-3 decades. You are on the beginning end of millennial, and thus, you saw 'more shit', than the younger millennials that came after you. But for the purposes of sociology, you're the same as someone born in 1990, even through a 27 year old didn't get to see the Berlin Wall and Reagan etc. Again, it's in the name 'millennial', the most defining characteristic is that you saw and experienced the turn of the millennium. I'm a '92 birth and I'm on the outer fringe on Gen Y and beginning of Gen Z. I had an NES and Genesis, Windows 95 computer, remember the AOL and Modem sounds, not being able to use the phone, going to Blockbuster to rent movies, going to friend's houses to go on play dates and 'adventures' around the the neighborhood. I didn't understand the magnitude of Y2K and 9/11 but I knew that it was scary stuff and that the adults around me were scared.

So I got a brief, very brief, sample of how life was before the net, and remember what it was like before always 'on' bandwidth was mainstream, before social media and smartphones became commodities. I remember having to insert the VHS tapes too, and rewind them etc. My most cherished music were the top hits of the 90s' that were playing in my car rides or on my friend's stereos. So yeah, I definitely understand more Gen Y 'feels' than those of the Gen Z cohort.

People born in the late 90s, and onwards, didn't experience these feels. They're more firmly digital natives, who didn't deal these 'dinosaur' technologies, and such. They're the biggest cunts because everything is instant gratification for them. I can sit around at doctor's appointment or some other public place without looking at my phone in 20 mins. I remember not having a phone, and so it's not essential to me. I can pick up a magazine, or just go into my inner thoughts, maybe meditate a little, or just 'zone out'. The Gen Z (Net Zombies) can't do that.
>>
>>38588266
What did you think was the end-game when going into pol-sci? Where could you possibly use that degree?
>>
>>38588531
Not him but I'm also going into it. I'm thinking about working in the public sector either at the federal or state or even city level. Maybe the neetbux department.
>>
Going the nursing route was a mistake. I wasted a BS on behavioral science thinking I could just torture animals all day for ok pay. Research was boring and shitty with horrible pay. After a couple years I decided fuck this, I'll wipe asses for $60k. This is the exact same math we had, dimensional analysis. Only twice in the whole program was call HCP and question the order the answer, and it was on something like 1kg KCl IVP. I wish I went into medicine. I never studied much and was A and B student while 70% class had to repeat at least one semester. When I got my ACLS I was helping out pajeet the surgery resident with remembering his algorithms(there is no pulse, don't worry about adenosine). GPA is shit sa MD might be hard, but I'm still considering going for DO. Medicine is more detailed but apparently not that much after talking with a couple bros off student doctor network.
>>
>>38588404
>I can pick up a magazine

I think one thing that never changes is how shitty those magazines are.
>>
>>38586332
The problem is the pressure of being expected to 100% it, not the actual exercise. No matter how easy or difficult it may be.
Think about walking a bar a foot above the ground and then a hundred feet. Isn't this going to drastically influence someone's performance? People may have trouble with even basic mathematics if you put this sort of pressure on them, especially if they're not particularly good at it in the first place.
>>
>>38586581
you have to eat all these tablets
*fills palm and hands patient a small glass of water*
>>
File: crying_pepe.jpg (10KB, 236x254px) Image search: [Google]
crying_pepe.jpg
10KB, 236x254px
>>38588531
Maybe taking full power over my country in bad times and making it the powerful country it once was. O-other than that, I just want a comfy life in a small shed away from everything
>>
>>38586762
>I remember asking for the chemical formula to calculate ATP from one glucose in the presence of oxygen and my tutor just stared blankly at me for 10 seconds and said "All you need to know is it's 32".
Because that is a really lengthy metabolic pathway. And a net formula isn't really worth anything, because the interesting part is why the net formula looks like it does.
Not to mention that the synthesis is technically not an entirely chemical process due to the unusual way ATP Synthase actually functions.
>>
>>38586391
You are dumb as fuck, the given dose is 16mg all at once.
>>
>>38588586
It really isn't that much harder. I did nursing and used my Ba to get into the M.D.

Thing that made me do it is nurses have shit all for career advancement. It can take you 9 years to become a Nursing Practionioner and have a very limited number of roles or positions available to you if you actually manage to even get a graduate posistion at all. Or 8 to do a Ba and M.D and you never have to worry about a job. Hospitals will happily shaft RN's to employ EN's or AINs and leave their NPs doing bandages, but they don't fuck with Doctors. Doctors just breeze through their wards doing a few quick consults during their rounds and claim all the credit for patient outcomes but RN's do 90% of the work. Nurses initially come out ahead money/time wise but Doctors quickly surpass them once they've done residency and a few years of practice and have huge scope for further advancement.
>>
>>38586479
Honestly, this.
I hope OP is not going to a real school.
>>
>>38586641
I don't get how all the dumbos getting some worthless degree don't realize this.
>>
>>38588696
I just don't like how they say shit like ATP with one glucose in the presence of oxygen is 32 and without oxygen it's 2. Just makes me think of balancing equations like if they just wrote the formula on the slides or something so I can understand HOW they arrive at that number it makes it a lot easier for me to visualize. But I gotta go to Khan Academy to actually see it because it's too much effort for my university to tell me. But then again these are the guys that balked at me balancing the bicarbonate buffer system in one of my lab workbooks to try explain acidosis/alkalosis because I'm only supposed to remember "CO2 + H2O <-> H2C03 <-> HCO3- + H+" but don't need to know how it works aside from CO2 and H+ being factors.
>>
File: Dr. pepe diagnosis.png (320KB, 740x550px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. pepe diagnosis.png
320KB, 740x550px
>>38586332
Robots how the fuck do i get into medical school
white male sub3.0 GPA right now freshman year
Should I just kill myself? I can't be anything other than a doctor.
>>
>>38588956
>I just don't like how they say shit like ATP with one glucose in the presence of oxygen is 32 and without oxygen it's 2
That's just how it is, dear.

>Just makes me think of balancing equations like if they just wrote the formula on the slides or something so I can understand HOW they arrive at that number it makes it a lot easier for me to visualize
Because this makes it so much easier to understand, huh?
This isn't even the complete pathway.
>>
>>38586332
>Are normies really this triggered by basic math?
>have to score 100%
fear of failure, bro.
they're probably not afraid of the math, they're afraid of trick questions designed to fuck you over

>>38589119
retake bio/chem if you didn't get an A in those, otherwise move on, you have plenty chances to pad your gpa
>>
https://www.drugs.com/dosage/dexamethasone.html#Usual_Adult_Dose_for_Acute_Mountain_Sickness
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.