[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you rationally convince yourself to do anything besides

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: everysinglemorning.jpg (83KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
everysinglemorning.jpg
83KB, 500x600px
How do you rationally convince yourself to do anything besides sit on your ass all day? If you have all of your material needs met, and there's no objective system of values, what *logical* reason is there to do anything else?
>>
there is no reason other than to fight the boredom

living is just code for waiting to die
>>
>>38575455
Death is the only truth in life, not even birth is 100% certain.
>>
You can't because it's all life, it doesn't really matter what you're doing or what anyone else is doing, because you're just part of the process like everyone else. The only reason I'm alive right now is because I think existence is worth it, I don't know why or how, but if it weren't it wouldn't be.
>>
>>38575455
>there's no objective system of values,

Jordan Peterson wants a word with you
>>
>>38575491
>>38575660

maybe i should have just tried /adv/ again, i was hoping for some happy normies who disagree with me to somehow challenge my worldview, but it never happens, all they have is bullshit platitudes. why do i even bother
>>
>>38575455
If you do this without weed you're mentally ill
>>
>>38575831
Jordan Peterson is a meme
>>
>>38575832
>he expected /r9k/ of all places to cheer him up
lol kill yourself already troglodyte
>>
>>38575455
It's tough because self-hate tells you that you're not worth working on.

Whereas normies filled with super confidence automatically believe that they are worth the hard work and thus try to improve themselves.

Both ways of thinking are logical.
>>
>>38575455
>what *logical* reason is there to do anything else?
Your material needs might change, or your source of acquiring them might dry up.
You might have some goal in mind that you want to reach and requires you to act.

Or you just say "Because decided I want to do this and fuck you, that is why", which does not cover the logical ground but is sometimes good enough for me.
>>
>>38575858

do what? ask this question? I don't do drugs, i'm well aware i'm chronically depressed, it's still a straightforward logical question though.

>>38575831

in which of his videos does he refute this?

>>38575864

t-thanks y-you too

i've already tried everywhere else, again, they only answer in platitudes, never logically

there's no reason to kill myself, i still enjoy sitting at my computer all day and eating garbage, and there could always be a fun happening or some outside force to change my circumstances
>>
You create your own values
>>
>>38576053
you are incapable of creating shit you worthless maggot
>>
>>38576053

the question is why bother.

>>38575980

the question is assuming functionally endless material goods. the other two are not really arguments, it's just picking a random goal and working on it for no logical reason.
>>
>>38575455
This is the final redpill. The pursuit of the material basics of survival is what take up 99% of time for most creatures on Earth. Humans keep cutting down that proportion and it has left us with way too much time to go insane in many interesting ways.
>>
>>38576030
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsvuO-o4Prs
>>
I just don't know what I want I see how my neighbors work hard all days just to get 1 day of the week free that they spend it resting and doing almost nothing is this life? I could get my ass up but just to end like this? I don't even need the money but is this boring and dull sense what is making things less and less enjoyable.
>>
>>38576122

just watched that, he just confirms that sitting around all day is the only rational thing to do if you don't have a system of values (and then rants about college postmodernism), he does not put forward a system of values and then logically explain why it is correct.
>>
>>38576520
Then watch all his biblical lectures. Then watch some newer stefan molyneux/info wars, in conjuction with reading a book a day and studying math/science/history/computing through mediums such as Khan Academy and YouTube. Watch a plethora of other speakers like Terence McKenna, Alan Watts and Bill Hicks to name a few.

Look m8 I'm not going to sit here and draw it all out for you. If you are choosing to create no value system for yourself and to continue rotting away in meaninglessness, that is your CHOICE. I would reccomend you kill yourself soon if you are going that route, because in the next few decades we might reach a point where you will have to struggle to survive instead of the overwhelming satiety of needs we have now.

Work out, educate yourself, speak truthfully, find something you can do to help your community and acquire resources. If you are intelligent than you should want to be wealthy and rich, so that you can allocate those resources into the areas you see fit.

Stop being such a scumfuck and start fucking believing in yourself you sad, worthless sack of laziness.

Tl;dr - You are lazy and you know it. You aren't anywhere near as smart as you could be and you refuse to take responsibilty/actually evaluate yourself and your direction in life.
>>
>>38576748

Literally not an argument. you can't just shame rational inquiry away. If you could logically defend your own value system, you would have been able to do so in the several paragraphs you just took to spew ad hominem at me, you didn't, so i will assume you cannot.

and no, i enjoy my hedonism and have the material means to last a few dozen lifetimes, so i will happily continue, enjoy doing menial labor for an illogical spooks i guess.
>>
>>38575491
Why do you space it? We arent going to grade you. Are you in high school? Or maybe freshman in university?
>>
File: tmp_5124-149837776587531051970.png (710KB, 576x864px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5124-149837776587531051970.png
710KB, 576x864px
>>38576923
>happily

Have fun with that. Wish I had a low enough IQ to enjoy that lifestyle.
>>
>>38577078

Still not an argument, again, enjoy being a cuck to illogical spooks.
>>
>>38577062
Why wouldn't he space it? How would him spacing it earn him a better grade, grammatically speaking?
>>
>>38577106
Congratulations, you can distinguish between statements and arguments.
>>
>>38575455

Well, convincing myself wont work, I perfectly know that what I am doing is retarded already, I still can not help it.
What I do know though is that right now I absolutely feel like shit and want to fucking kill myself. If I want to avoid that I will inevitably have to get myself something to do. Ironically the times where I feel like absolute trash are the ones where my motivation is the strongest, simply escaping those horrendous feelings is enough fuel to actually start something new out of the blue. The last time I felt that fucking bad I started running religiously and got much deeper into drawing.
Of course I advise against letting it get this far, if you choke up on that pill you might actually an hero.
>>
>>38577156

Congratulations, you deftly avoided rationally defending your own worldview (because you can't), while simultaneously calling someone with a logically consistent worldview that you cannot refute "low iq", very convincing, i'm sure no one picked up on that.
>>
>>38577106
not the same person, but for fucks sake quit being an edgy faggot. Get up from the computer and DO SOMETHING. ANYTHING. Right now you're caught up in this cesspool of nihilism, depression, boredom, and hopelessness. Usually I don't take the time to write long replies, but if I can maybe help somebody somewhere, perhaps it is worth it. First, you need to get to the gym. That's a must. If you say you have the resources to do this (aka money for a gym membership) then you need to use it. Going to the gym everyday, working hard and dieting on a fixed schedule, watching your body slowly improve, will give you a base-level of purpose to your life. It will give you that initial spark to make something of yourself. After that, everything is wide open. Buy yourself some nice clothing. I personally like a nice black button down, a matching tie, dress slacks, and a watch to really complete the look. Dress good, feel good. It projects an air of confidence and importantance to everyone around you as well. You say you have all the material resources you want? Well fucking get more. You can never have too much money, faggot. Either put a nice resume together and land yourself a decent job, OR start a small business for yourself to be extra rewarding. Live the good life. We only live once...so live it in fucking luxury. Only the best. Leather. Sports cars. A bigger house. Vacations in Milan. Women. Fuck. Life is is full of opportunity. Get out from behind that computer and get to it my man.
>>
>>38577250
>stuntin on em
>>
>>38577287
>usually I don't take the time to write long replies
Continue with that habit.
>>
>>38577287

>for fucks sake quit being an edgy faggot

still not an argument, no amount of shaming, platitudes or /r/getdisciplined tier "advice" negates the logical question in the OP.

>>38577363

niceme.me
>>
>>38577370
seriously though. people complain about others spacing out posts but this was just a pain to read.
>>
>>38577370
there have been numerous decent pieces of advice to your little predicament. why even post about it except for the (You)s if you're not looking for answers and just plan on sitting on your ass and not making any changes to life anyway. I hope things look up for you someday, anon.
>>
>>38577508

first of all, the person you're replying to is not me

>there have been numerous decent pieces of advice

i was not asking for empty normie illogical "advice" (which is literally all there has been so far, besides commiseration), i was asking for a logical refutation of a claim.
>>
>>38577590
Rest in rip
Abandon thread

Fffffff
>>
>>38577917

Still not an argument, sorry bud.
>>
>>38577078
"heh kid enjoy your life im here eating a bag of shit because im the smart guy heh people know me as a smart guy heh, i care about my iq that makes me smart heh. oh no i killed my dog" that's you, that's how you sound
>>
>>38575455
Well personally if I'm not doing anything I get depressed. Not doing anything is only fun for me when I feel the difference to hard work.
Therefore I get up to be happy.
Currently I have a very hard time in University. When it's over I'll so nothing for a Week, enjoy it, get bored and start some Project or the other.

The only thing that is dangerous to me is vidya, it is just enough fun to not change my situation, but not enough for me to actually feel good. (If I play top much at a time).

In regards to values:
There are those values that I feel make sense, those that I respect and those that I made for myself. I follow them and believe in them, others may not.

Essentially find what works for you.
If you have expenses covered and are happy, then enjoy it.
If not, chase happiness.
>>
>>38578152
Nvm just read shit and realized it's a bait thread.

TL;DR
Are you Happy? - all is good
Are you not? - try and Change that
>>
Logic can only go so far. You have to be inspired.
>>
>>38578152
>>38578195

it's not a bait thread, i posted in earnest, just because you cannot logically refute an argument does not mean it is "bait". I'm glad you found something that works for you, but it's not a refutation of my point.

at this point happiness itself kind of seems like a spook to me, i'm probably too far gone, the entire normie world seems to rely on just turning your brain off and doing shit just because (insert platitude or threat of social shame here).
>>
bump just on the off chance anyone has an actual rational answer or wants to commiserate some more
>>
>>38579624
Google universally preferable behavior

And then pls kill yrself
>>
>>38580128
>universally preferable behavior

i have not read the full book, but from what i understand that has nothing to do with my point, it's about establishing interpersonal ethics, not why you should strive for anything personally. if you have an actual rebuttal of my point please share, if i'm mistaken and he actually addresses my question somewhere in the book give me a page number. otherwise i'll continue to assume you're full of shit.

>then pls kill yrself

i've already explained why i won't do that several times, but i do find it very interesting how triggered normies get that someone is living perfectly contentedly without being bound to illogical values by spooks and social shame like they are.
>>
File: 5414.jpg (65KB, 842x517px) Image search: [Google]
5414.jpg
65KB, 842x517px
>>38575455
orgnanonososososos;
>>
>>38581101

needs fewer pixels thanks
>>
I have to go to work and school in order to meet my needs
>>
>>38575455
None imo! If I may vent I've been pushed into wageslaving with no way out. Since then I've been hell bent on getting back to the point where I can just lie in my bed masturbating and being at piece. That is an ideal life to me. All I want is isolation that's all I want.

Working and maintaining relationships is hell. Having to try to please people in conversations. Having to sit there while people talk about how weird you are behind your back and look at you like a retard when you accidentally say something stupid because your anxiety made it hard for you to think straight. All I want is to just be left alone. I don't treat anyone else poorly. I do my best at work. I'm just trying to get by like everyone else so why do others feel the need to drag me down? I've never done anything to them.

I've been a neet before for 3 years and I want to go back to it so badly. Everyone keeps saying how proud they are of me and how cool my job sounds. My mom is actually proud of me now. It's how I've gotten this far and why I've worked so hard(aside from having no real choice), but I can't take this. I think of suicide daily. I think of walking out of that door every time I come into work. I don't want a normal life, relationship, or praise I just want peace. I want to be alone knowing that I'll be alright. I'm working my ass off to get back to the neet life. I need to go back to my neet life.
>>
>>38581662

sorry to hear that.

>>38582039

some of us just aren't made for this world i guess, i'd be suicidal if i had to work too, being around normans is absolutely excruciating. hope you can make it through.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.