[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfwnogf >try online dating again. Maybe it'll work

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: (21).gif (760KB, 259x214px) Image search: [Google]
(21).gif
760KB, 259x214px
>tfwnogf
>try online dating again. Maybe it'll work out this time?
>put some effort into my profile
>nice pics. brief but good description
>start talking to a girl on there
>she's kinda frumpy looking. Maybe a 1/10, but she has clear skin and isn't fat. Good enough for me
>conversation going well. Talk for a few days
>exchange numbers
>she wants to call me
>drink lots. Don't wanna be a nervous spergmaster
>we talk on the phone for about half an hour
>we start running out of things to say, even though the call went great
>I say I've gotta go to bed because I have work tomorrow
>we arrange to meet up. I say I'll pick her up
>that means I can't drink. Decide to take a few anti-depressants to help with my anxiety
>pick her up
>still nervous as fuck. Tablets didn't do shit besides give me a load of mental fog and heart palpitations
>we go to the zoo
>STILL NERVOUS AS FUCK. TRY TO MAKE SMALL TALK BUT I KEEP S-STUTTERING OVER MY WORDS AND BEING NOT FUNNY
>1 hour in and she says she's gotta go home
>drive her home
>send her a text the next day. 48 hours later and she still hasn't responded

How do I get over being so nervous? When I'm on the phone, and drunk, I do fine. Clearly my social skills aren't that bad, and it's just a nervous thing. How do I fix it? pls help
>>
>>38575248
Go on more dates, go on dates with girls you have ZERO interest in dating. Go to normal places like a restaurant or somewhere where your autistic little brain will be less stressed. Go somewhere they serve alchohol. Search for nerdy girls who are more awkward than you.

Etc etc
>>
>>38575387
I thought I'd have zero interest in her. She's legit a 1/10. Out of about 200 profiles, she was the least attractive. But when she started showing a bit of interest in me, that's when I became interested in her.
>>
Why the fuck didn't you just drink before you picked her up? You don't have to get plastered but just keep a bottle of whiskey under the seat
>>
>>38575414
Why. Why do you care if a girl shows interest in you? There's no reason you should care if a 1/10 shows interest in you.

Go out on more dates anon, meet a lot of ugly girls who show a little interest in you and your tolerance will build up. You shouldn't and will not care about an ugly girl showing interest in you in the future.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't date them, if you hit it off you should be happy, just don't care if one "shows interest in you" because that means nothing.
>>
ask girls out in real life, and do it sober
>>
>>38575464
>Why the fuck didn't you just drink before you picked her up?
Because I don't want to get done for drink driving?

>>38575493
>There's no reason you should care if a 1/10 shows interest in you.
I agree.

>Go out on more dates anon, meet a lot of ugly girls who show a little interest in you and your tolerance will build up
That's what I thought I was doing. Are you saying I should just keep trying?

>just don't care if one "shows interest in you" because that means nothing.
I wish it were that easy.

>>38575503
But being sober is the problem.
>>
>>38575537
no, you're the problem, you're a grown man who can't talk to a girl without being drunk or hiding behind a computer screen, you need to get out and experience real life
>>
>>38575537
>that's what I thought I was doing anon
How many dates have you gone on now anon?
>>
>>38575588
>no, you're the problem
Gee, really? I thought that being a nervous wreck and a failure of a man was normal. Thanks for the insight.

>you need to get out and experience real life
Yeah I know that lol. If it was as easy as just "getting out and experiencing real life" I would have done it, already.

What you gonna do, next? Tell someone who's depressed that "they just need to be happy"?
>>
>>38575612
Just the one. I thought maybe if I went for the least-attractive girl on there... that maybe it'd work out.

If I try for other girls, all I'd be doing is going for more-attractive ones, which would obviously mean a lower chance of it working.
>>
>>38575248
It's just practice. That sounds like a normal experience for am anxiety boy just starting out. It will get better though.

Also there are better ways to cope with anxiety than drinking. You need to try other things of the healthy/productive type.
>>
>>38575678
Oh my god anon, I know what's wrong now, you're a fucking autist.

>lel well this girl is a 2/10 the other was a 1/10 so hehe well they'll be less likely for me

Keep dating ugly girls, you'll get familiar with girls this way, you'll start to become better at talking to girls because you'll be less nervous. Just... Just take the advice man and stop being such a little bitch about it. How hard is this advice to understand?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.