[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please explain this to me, I don't understand it. How did

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1500775314314.jpg (166KB, 960x842px) Image search: [Google]
1500775314314.jpg
166KB, 960x842px
Please explain this to me, I don't understand it. How did Cheryl want to kill 50 people if there are only 10 in each trolley? How did the henchmen knew the number and letter from their brief conversation? They didn't reveal anything.
>>
>>38571277
>How did Cheryl want to kill 50 people if there are only 10 in each trolley?
Women are bad at math
>>
>>38571277

The people in the trolleys are unrelated to her plans, you just need to cause a crash at the right point to thwart her; killing 20 people in the process to save 50.
>>
>>38571340
Why? Maybe she'll kill more people because I interfered in her plans
>>
>>38571277
>make it so trolleys miss eachother
>nobody dies
ggez
>>
>>38571414

It's part of the rules of the puzzle.

As for figuring out the pad on which they have to collide to stop her, each hench person knows either a letter, or a number, but that is not enough for them to decide which pad is the target, but knowing that neither of them has enough information gives them enough information to figure it out.

For example, the pad can't be A6, because while the person with A doesn't know which pad, the person with 6 would know.

You can continue with this chain of logical inference until you reduce the possible pads down to 1.
>>
>>38571340
Why not shoot Cheryl? That way the bitch can't go on with her plans and you save all 50.
And that doesn't answer how did the henchmen knew.
>>
>>38571472
They know because Cheryl told them.
>>
>>38571277
here you go lad

https://www.theguardian.com/science/alexs-adventures-in-numberland/2015/apr/13/how-to-solve-albert-bernard-and-cheryls-birthday-maths-problem
>>
>>38571277
Oh fuck I remember racking my brain with this one, isn't it B5?
>>
File: tomsrt.jpg (263KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
tomsrt.jpg
263KB, 764x551px
Is it b4?
>>
It's C3. It can't be A or B, because then the number guy would know. It must be 2 3 or 4 because the number guy now knows. Of the possible squares, the only one that the letter guy could be sure of is C, therefore C3.
>>
https://warosu.org/sci/thread/8612239

/sci/ thread about this
>>
>>38571638
Why can't it be B2?
>>
C3 you bunch of retards
>>
>>38571561
Looking at it now for the first time, I think it's C3.
>Since Albert knows Bernard didn't know which pad was correct, the letter cannot be A or B because there'd be a chance, if his number was A6 or B5, that Bernard would know what it is for sure.
>Since Bernard knows that A and B both cannot have the trolley, it must be C or D. Bernard now knows which path the trolley must be on, which eliminates 1 because Bernard couldn't have gotten that information from Albert's statement.
>Now Albert knows which is correct. He knows it can't be on row 1. The only way he could possibly know the square is if it's on C3, since he wouldn't know the pad if it was on row D.
Therefore, the pad is C3.
>>
>>38571729
Oh right I forgot that Bernard doesn't know at first thanks
>>
i dont get it. going to go post it on rebbit so they can explain it nicely to me

t. brainlet
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.