[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else feels comfy to be living in a cyberpunk world? >vr

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: 1489656841356.gif (2MB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1489656841356.gif
2MB, 750x750px
Who else feels comfy to be living in a cyberpunk world?
>vr headsets
>government is huge and 1984
>supporting free software is like being in a small underground resistance
>we are currently fighting for the future
>we have holograms
>we have cyberpunk implants like opensource pancreas replacments
>government is constantly spying on us
>normies have become slaves to their companies
get comfy lads and post/talk cyberpunk
>>
https://www.ua.edu/news/2017/06/ua-alumna-creates-artificial-pancreas-open-sources-blueprint

Welcome to the future lads
>>
File: 1491500007326.jpg (60KB, 796x712px) Image search: [Google]
1491500007326.jpg
60KB, 796x712px
>>38569448
>>government is huge and 1984
>>supporting free software is like being in a small underground resistance
>>we are currently fighting for the future
>>we have cyberpunk implants like opensource pancreas replacments
>>government is constantly spying on us
>>normies have become slaves to their companies

government as we know it does not exist anymore, sadly: we live in pseudo-democracies where we cannot be only manipulated by corporations to choose what we want on their behalf, we dont vote
elections are run by robots who choose for us, since most people is too lazy too vote for themselves
robots consider which candidate is "the best" and even if you decide to vote, they modify your choice to benefit the fat cats
everyone has implants on their brains, allowing the developing companies to read their thoughts and dreams (its the latest trend, it even allows you to take pictures by blinking in a certain way, and not having it its like living in the current year without tvs, smartphones nor pcs)
only remaining autists, gentoomans and poor people who cannot afford to buy the latest devices have organized in tax heavens, polinesian countries and isolated places like greenland and siberia, where they resist against the botnet and have traditional republican governments which are considered rogue states by the international community
as these republics are considered harmful and dangerous, persons living in "regular" contries are prosecuted on behalf of "security"
>it will never be a popular anime
>you will never be the protagonist
>>
File: 1984184.jpg (2MB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1984184.jpg
2MB, 1600x1131px
>>38569448
All that stuff is still too underdeveloped for our world to be considered cyberpunk, but maybe in a few decades we'll have some better shit
>>
Sometimes feels like you should run an AR game with yourself.
>Can you manage to find a gf to love you before sexbots hit the market?
>Will you be one of the last to find human love, or one of the first to find it in a bot?
>Or will you go for the harem route?
>>
File: VA-11_HALL-A_logo.png (113KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
VA-11_HALL-A_logo.png
113KB, 400x275px
Currently playing Pic related. Comfiest game i ever played
>>
>>38569912
>tfw Jill will never crush your head with her thighs
Feels bad man
>>
>>38569856
I think its already there but in a cleaner tighter form. Remember that we thought the smartphone would be a small laptop with phone capabilities, instead it was a glass slab. The reality is comfy visions such as your pic will probably never exist. Its not good design. But we still get comfy neo tokoyo and all the tech.
>>
>>38569448

No it isn't you smelly neckbeard
>>
File: step_up_nigga.jpg (181KB, 686x960px) Image search: [Google]
step_up_nigga.jpg
181KB, 686x960px
>>38570943
>he gets cucked by microsoft
>he uses an os thats used to spy on the people
>he uses and os that scans and reports data on your hard drive
>he uses an os that records and takes video of you without your knowledge
>he's constantly cucked by companies and defends the companies that fuck him over
hows your wife's son?
>>
File: XXI3y4g.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XXI3y4g.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>38569856
Think of it this way: We're living in a really run down, shitty cyberpunk world.
>>
>>38569448
>social alienation grows rampant in Japan and is starting to arrive in the west
>some people onlive live through the Internet
>competitions for video game fights and drone races

This is the future
>>
>>38571161
makes sense. can't wait for the megacities to come. what's you biggest cyberpunk hope for the future?
>>38571194
I'm gonna be pissed if we go matrix. I want to roam the neon cities of neo-miami.
>>
>>38571327
>what's you biggest cyberpunk hope for the future?
Underground social movements and resistances in the Western world that actually attempt to do something. None of this Antifa bullshit, give me actual rebellion against the corporate nation-state.
That, or becoming a low-rent criminal in a cybercrime racket. Gotta have small ambitions.
>>
>>38571327
>I'm gonna be pissed if we go matrix
>I want to roam the neon cities of neo-miami
But if matrix-tier VR turns to reality, wouldn't it be easier to create virtual neon cities?
>>
>>38571999
It would be easier to see a rendering of what that would look like, but i'd rather live in the real world than escape into a VR delusion.
>>
>>38571999
>if matrix-tier VR turns to reality
This and female sexbots capable of thought and emotion would make me a happier man
>>
Odds on collapse before we get there?

6/5
>>
>>38572092
If a sexbot was capable of thoughts and emotions, wouldn't its existence as a sex slave be fucked up?
>>
>>38572131
I said sex bot, not sex slave. I look for carnal pleasure but for moral support as well. And she'll live forever
>>
>>38572182
So you want a real woman, who happens to be a robot? Why a robot?
>>
>>38572240
No. A robot that knows me from the start, whom I can design, whose reason to live is to be with me
>>
>>38569448
And then i come to ruin your thread.
>vr headsets
Unimpressive likely never going to be star trek holo deck tier.
No but the debt for it is.
You are supporting niche freeware that no one uses because it's dangerous to use or useless.
>we are currently fighting for the future
No just against each other as humans always have.
>we have holograms
No we don't they are unimaginative projections that can only be viewed from one direction.
>we have cyberpunk implants like "open-source" pancreas "replacements"
Fixed the spelling.
Cost is prohibitive for use and likely wont be implemented in your lifetime if ever.
>government is constantly spying on us
If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.
>normies have become slaves to their companies
You too have become a slave you browse here out of habit you buy a certain food item you enjoy maybe you like the video games a company makes.
You are a slave as well.
>>
>VR headsets are novel but lame
>MAGA
>Large corporations make use of Linux more than individuals
>Bullshit statement
>Holograms are lame too
>Do you have one?
>Government is spying on itself
>Normies like to feed their families, this is probably why you are still breathing

You're a faggot.
>>
>>38572305
>>38572284
>people shitting on VR

have you even used one? the oculus is amazing!
>>
>>38572305
>>MAGA
kek
He's right. Not only government is spying on us (and look up the shitton of CEOs and financiers Trump's got) but companies also meddle in politics and they also spy a lot
>>
>>38572260
So you'd design a doll to have no other purpose than to be with you? If it's sapient, how isn't that just being a sex slave? Isn't it more cruel for you to give said sexbot human emotions only to then have it be an object programmed to your desires?
Seems pretty fucked, desu.
>>
>>38569912

Most degenerate game you mean.

Every two lines it's "WOOO SEX WOOO DRUGS HEHE IM A LESBIAN :)".
>>
We're living in the most boring cyberpunk timeline possible.
>>
>>38572437
I work at a bar, that's actually accurate.
>>
File: image.jpg (217KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217KB, 1920x1080px
>>38569448
Is there a version of this image without that ugly fucking frog taking up a third of the frame?
>>
>>38572471

Yeah because at bars you totally serve Shiba Inus, Hatsune Miku ripoffs, catgirls and robot hookers dont you?
>>
>>38569448
1984 is not an adjective, retard.
>>
>>38572423
You are making it fucked up. It is not a fucked up fantasy in my mind. I want a robot entirely dedicated to me who will be able to make me feel good by having genuine human emotions, all the while being specifically for me
Of course I won't abuse her or anything
>>
>>38572495
Don't be a cunt, I was clearly responding to your statement.
>>
>>38572532

Yeah fuck off you pommy git mate.
I was talking about the shitty game not your personal life story.
>>
>>38572530
>It is not a fucked up fantasy in my mind
That's because you lack the self-awareness to see it. I'm not making it fucked up, i'm simply pointing out why it is. It's self-centered, and you'd be better off with a thoughtless sex doll. It's less morally questionable.
>>
>>38572555
Kill yourself, you worthless fucking Brit.
>>
>>38572575
O'll treat her right. How is that morally questionable? Just standard sex. And I'll make her see the world
>>
>>38572555
why do you have to be such an obnoxious cunt?
>>
>>38572555
you're a real fucking prick, mate. kill yourself.
>>
>>38572284
>You are supporting niche freeware that no one uses because it's dangerous to use or useless.
Unix runs most of the internet.

>If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.
That's not how it works.
>>
>>38572727
I've explained how it is, and you haven't responded. You're programming a person to serve your own selfish desires. That's fucked.
>>
>>38572926
Well, fuck you then. If it gets invented I'll get it while you fuck a soulless sex bot
>>
>>38572998
>Can't argue his stance
>"W...well fuck you!"
Classic. And I don't like the idea of sexbots in general, mang.
>>
>>38569448
mildly unrelated but seeing pepe photoshopped in front of my favorite album makes me irrationally angry
>>
File: a4099353330_10.jpg (415KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a4099353330_10.jpg
415KB, 1200x1200px
>>38572472
here ya go
album cover of 2814's Birth of a new day, extremely good album if you're into vaporwave/ambient, nice cyberpunk-ish soundscape
>>
>>38572497
1984 as in the Orwell novel, you can use a noun as an adjective you fucking pedantic troglodyte
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.