[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>atheists think this just evolved >atheists are degenerate

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: atp_synthase.gif (528KB, 214x260px) Image search: [Google]
atp_synthase.gif
528KB, 214x260px
>atheists think this just evolved
>atheists are degenerate and depressed
>atheists don't know abut Pascals wager
Really makes you think
>>
if that arising by evolution makes less sense to you than it beeing designed by a giant old man in the sky, let me ask you where did that thing that designed it got designed? where does god come from, how did he get his power?
>>
>>38569333
> where does god come from, how did he get his power
He always had it, or you could go the Elon Musk route and believe we're in a simulation made by intelligent AI.

Also why can't you have both? A designer who allowed evolution to take place?
>>
>>38569260
>Pascals wager
You really have to believe that God is the biggest patsy to believe that shit. Like, God is omnipotent and demands worship for some reason, but oh, he can't tell the difference between genuine and "afterlife-optimizing" worship.
>>
>>38569378
>A designer who allowed evolution to take place?
I actually really like that idea. Evolution really strengthens creationism and religion. A creator that spent billions of years slowly building up humanity from single celled organisms is much more likely to love and care for us than one that just poofed us into existence in a few days.
>>
>>38569260
Stop ripping on atheists. Atheism is a necessary step to understanding exactly what this universe is. Even if it's wrong, it's right to understand that the oh-so-benevolent omni wizard from the bible is probably not real. There is clear evidence of logical engineering and manufacture in every living thing though.
>>
>>38569260
>atheists think this just evolved
It didn't "just" evolve
>>
>>38569333
>let me ask you where did that thing that designed it got designed? where does god come from, how did he get his power?
HE'S MAGICAL HE JUST WAS THERE DON'T ASK THAT QUESTION IT MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE!!!
>>
>>38569260
but then who created god :)

pascals wager also fails to address the millions of different interpretations of "higher power" and supernatural forces. only modern westerners believe in a single entity that consciously created life.
>>
If the universe is create by a being, how do we know it's the Christian god and not just a scientist from a higher dimension or something?
>>
>>38569619

Actually a lot of Jews and Muslims in the Middle East believe something like that too.
>>
>>38569260
Yeah actually.
Also whatever homo god decided that food and oxygen should have an intersecting route should kill himself.
>>
>>38569260
>after Cleetus Vanblogough enjoyed shitposting from his rural coal mining community internet cafe, he took a great stretch and decided to go say grace for the fifth time and get molested by his pastor, and let him take his money while the pastor molested his children. Then, after saying grace he had some incest with his mother, and contracted another STd/STI while screaming out AMEN! After that, and drinking some illegal moonshine and meth, he decided to molest his younger siblings and impregnate his cousin wife for the eleventh time. He went bsck to sleep a satisfied man in his shit while trying to read at a second grade level. The end.
>>
File: IMG_6524.jpg (25KB, 219x265px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6524.jpg
25KB, 219x265px
>>38569497
>taking genesis literally
>poof
>>
File: IMG_2855.png (360KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2855.png
360KB, 600x580px
>>38569671
Dude you're a comedy genius that was awesome
>>
You can literally see systems like the one you've shown develop autonomously in real time anon
>>
File: 1499126098482.jpg (390KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1499126098482.jpg
390KB, 800x450px
>>38569737
I know. Praise kek! Deus Vult!
>>
>>38569464
You're assuming that God gives a shit WHY you worship him, which is simply not the case for 99 percent of holy texts.
>>
>>38569801
Well, on the one hand, yes God obviously cares about that. For example, there's that proverb about God not liking people who make a big show of their worship, saying that they've already received their reward. On the other hand, this depends on whether "worship" is about belief or about action. If worship is just saying some things and kneeling before a cross, then you have the shallowest religion imaginable.
>>
>>38569521
Wrong, Islam didn't go against science and they're doing fine in the gulf states
>>
File: 1494369530839.png (1MB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494369530839.png
1MB, 540x960px
>>38569260
God is nothing but the representation of the top of all the dominance hierarchies. I envy you if your intelligence only gets to the point of believing it's actually real, it's much more complicated when you have to really think about it
>>
>>38569771
then show us
>>
>>38569952
You must be retarded then...
>>
>>38569260
Biochem student here.

That there are multiple structures that can accomplish this, both convergent and divergent, and a drastic amount of variance in the actual polypeptide chains that comprise even one type of ATP-synthase or related structure- yes I believe it's most likely that this evolved over an extremely long time frame.
>>
>>38569260
to this day i've never understood why a genius like pascal came up with such a brainlet-tier answer to "why should i believe in god?"
>>
>>38569897
You've just talked about Him caring HOW you display your piety but not why you're pious. Genuinely, the reason you're going to have trouble finding counter examples here is because religious texts almost make an explicit point of not specifying rules about WHY you worship Him. You're transposing your own feelings about not wanting to feel like God's getting outsmarted. He isn't, though, because by most accounts He doesn't give a fuck why you worship him, He just wants to be worshipped.
>>
>>38570633
how did something like that evolve without natural selection?
>>
>>38569260
There is definitely something we dont know, but it sure as hell isnt the "god" your niglet hesus was preaching. If there is a "god" it is beyond the understanding of any living creature on this planet, does not have moral values, and does not demand any worshipping. You religious faggots seem to think that if there is some kind of deity, you have even a fraction of understanding of it. This is simply not true and you are delusional
>>
>>38570854
random mutation during reproduction
organism doesn't die and does it again
>>
>>38570937
not him but can an organism even live without atp synthase?
>>
>>38569260
>Pascals wager
That only works with a binary Atheist-Theist dichotomy, once you factor in other religions everything falls apart and you have just a big a chance for salvation as an atheist does.

Also it's not 2010 anymore fuck off with this stupid fedora vs christard shit
>>
File: Smug pepe in the bath.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Smug pepe in the bath.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>Put soap in the dishwasher
>Turn it on
>Come back a few hours later
>Dishes are clean
>Soap has vanished

Atheists CANNOT explain this miracle
>>
How about we all live, die then find out; worst case scenario we all
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.